Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koil
Jun 24, 2005

two weeks

Streetroller posted:

Ok, so after a while of dealing with Cloud Imperium Games, I have finally received a refund of $3000 USD.

After the terms of service change, I contacted CIG and requested a full refund.
Here's a full transcript with personal identifying information removed.

Essentially, a full denial.
I did exactly what I said I would, and ended up recovering $900 dollars through Amazon payments.

On June 29th, I received three official responses, pretty much identical in spirit, though the one I received from the District Attorney of Los Angeles was signed by Ortwin personally.

Two days later, I received Paypal responses about my inquiry of a refund. I received the following response on all my claims:

Then, on July 11th, I was contacted by an LA County Investigator inquiring information about CIG and RSI.
We had about an hour long conversation, where I detailed everything about CIG and how I felt it was a scam (my opinion)
He told me to get as many people as I can to write complaints into them, so they can build a case.
Here: http://dcba.lacounty.gov/wps/portal/dca
For clarity, I'M DEREKS SOURCE FOR THAT

Less than 24 hours later, I received the additional balance of what I was unable to recover.

I plan to record an upload a video to Youtube detailing my journey, but I promised to update the thread for you guys, so here you are.

This is beautiful and needs to be posted on reddit stat. Those poor bastards need to know there is a way out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I was shredding a roommate's old Wall Street Journal for my pet rat, and lol look what I found in it:

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 12, 2016

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Mercury_Storm posted:

I was shredding a roommate's old Wall Street Journal for my pet rat, and lol look what I found in it:

Could be worse. Could be Comcast.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
How did Cloud Imperium Games create a gaming experience with unprecedented detail and real-time fan collaboration!?!?

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

Latrine posted:

that's just it... i do have friends in the industry... in fact, *i* may have even spent some time there!

but i can't seem to get a bead on this common knowledge out there.

are you sure you can't help me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpA4ldGoHRQ

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Koil posted:

This is beautiful and needs to be posted on reddit stat. Those poor bastards need to know there is a way out.

I like how they said in the letter that they would refund him yet then didn't refund him until he took it further.

The company is pure loving scum.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Polish Avenger posted:

I can only pretend the hoofbeats are Zebras for so long. They've lost all benefit of the doubt for mucking up Star Marine and issuing no mea culpa on what happened. Let that not be forgotten. They teased gameplay that then disappeared and have given no explanation as to what happened. That's cowardly and dishonest.

Of course, they can always still make a great game to prove us wrong and yet we wait.

Three words: Minimum Viable Product.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lazrin posted:

there are posters here who have seekrit info which allows them to spread the gospel of skippy and 'save' as many backers as possible since the game is never coming out

all i'm asking is to read what they read

Friend, you act a lot like a deeply religious dude who's found out men turns him horny. You seek out the gay bars and stare at the slick, oiled bodies of finely chiseled male muscle, masking your desire with hatred and rage. You sign up for Grindr, not because you're gay, Lord no, but because you need to keep an eye on the perverts lest they harass the less vigilant. "Why hast thou forsaken me," you weave into your evening prayers. "Help me, Lord, to withstand this temptation by which you chose to test me!"

All protests to no avail, since you find no help from the Lord in your struggle, only blind rage keeps that yearning for the feel of a large cock reaming past your sphincter at bay. It will all work out in the end when you find some kind and gentle man to give you the nudge you need, or I dunno you may end up a mass shooter

Anyway, good lock in your struggle friend and know that we all share your pain and sympathize with your struggle

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Friend, you act a lot like a deeply religious dude who's found out men turns him horny. You seek out the gay bars and stare at the slick, oiled bodies of finely chiseled male muscle, masking your desire with hatred and rage. You sign up for Grindr, not because you're gay, Lord no, but because you need to keep an eye on the perverts lest they harass the less vigilant. "Why hast thou forsaken me," you weave into your evening prayers. "Help me, Lord, to withstand this temptation by which you chose to test me!"

All protests to no avail, since you find no help from the Lord in your struggle, only blind rage keeps that yearning for the feel of a large cock reaming past your sphincter at bay. It will all work out in the end when you find some kind and gentle man to give you the nudge you need, or I dunno you may end up a mass shooter

Anyway, good lock in your struggle friend and know that we all share your pain and sympathize with your struggle

Hey, uh... wanna go to church?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

Are you a bad enough dude to make a space game :dukedog:

If I ever post about making a space game, please kick me in the balls

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Has anyone said “F off, non-factor wageslave plebescrub” yet?

e: Also, Tijuana get back to not-work! Your brain screaming in pain is the way you know it's working.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Lazrin posted:

so, show me the goods. show me how you know neither game is ever coming out. show me its a money collecting scam. that, my friends, is the only way the conversation turns

I am Chris Roberts I canceled the game and am scamming you all. Unless you prove I'm not you believe me right?

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

ZenMaster posted:

My word RSI are a bunch of knuckleheads.

Brutal

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

:stare:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
"Hey mum check this out, i'm gonna go on this dead comedy forum and totally own all these salty asshats, watch me incessantly own them with logic and sick burns, maybe i'll even call a few of them skippy"

"That's nice dear"....

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Foo Diddley posted:

Church and chill?

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

I keep getting mesmerised by your avatar.
Basically you have become what you fear the most.
:allears:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Lazrin posted:

i don't want to see positivity. i want to see objectivity.

but you've proven you can't do it. take a look at the last 10-20 posts i've made, and the responses.

Then, objectively, the RSI family of companies has taken over a 100 million dollars to release a janky mess they call a game.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Foo Diddley posted:

Can we carpool?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Mercury_Storm posted:

Time Warner Business Class, making it possible for CIG CEO Chris Roberts to equally disturb forward progress in all of his branches, regardless of geographic constraints.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Danknificent posted:

Church and chill?

Colostomy Bag posted:

Can we carpool?

SUNDAY, friends; we're there

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Nation posted:

hahaha *you* are so bad at this

ftfy

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Lazrin posted:

but you've proven you can't do it. take a look at the last 10-20 posts i've made, and the responses.

Moved to concern.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

moma
momaaa
momaaaaaa
Where are youuuu

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
Man, you must have a hell of a lot of disposable income if you're willing to blow $4k on CR's space fantasies because "perhaps this will be his redemption." That's enough for 2 bottles of whiskey!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tippis posted:

Has anyone said “F off, non-factor wageslave plebescrub” yet?

e: Also, Tijuana get back to not-work! Your brain screaming in pain is the way you know it's working.

I did another thousand words bot then moar woreds nom ore aahnjfn

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

I did another thousand words bot then moar woreds nom ore aahnjfn

Yessss. Gooood. Suffer more!
Shared misery is double misery.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

I am happy that people who posted "chris roberts has a good track record in video games" way back when may have finally loving learned how to read and understand what "a good track record" means.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
also have people stopped defending spending stupid amounts of cash on this because they have more disposable income yet

like lol I got spare bullets it is ok if I shoot my self in the foot

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

Rogue System is one guy, ONE GUY, and the systems and damage modelling is as detailed and in depth as DCS or a study level aircraft for FSX. Star Citizen is hundreds of people and has a <<USE>> function.

Rogue System has produced more gameplay than CIG. CIG still has the gameplay depth of a flash game...

Also, great point about the talent. CIG sucked up a ton of game designers and then burnt them out. (Or fired them to boost Sandi's acting career...)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Foo Diddley posted:

SUNDAY, friends; we're there

What activity will I be doing on your cap ship?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Colostomy Bag posted:

What activity will I be doing on your cap ship?

You do the use button!

...we all do the use button.

:smith:

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

Streetroller posted:

Ok, so after a while of dealing with Cloud Imperium Games, I have finally received a refund of $3000 USD.

I did exactly what I said I would, and ended up recovering $900 dollars through Amazon payments.

On June 29th, I received three official responses, pretty much identical in spirit, though the one I received from the District Attorney of Los Angeles was signed by Ortwin personally.

Two days later, I received Paypal responses about my inquiry of a refund. I received the following response on all my claims:

Then, on July 11th, I was contacted by an LA County Investigator inquiring information about CIG and RSI.
We had about an hour long conversation, where I detailed everything about CIG and how I felt it was a scam (my opinion)
He told me to get as many people as I can to write complaints into them, so they can build a case.

Less than 24 hours later, I received the additional balance of what I was unable to recover.

I plan to record an upload a video to Youtube detailing my journey, but I promised to update the thread for you guys, so here you are.

And... we are sure this isn't a meta pitch for Clerks 3, right?

((That's good drat amazing right there though, grats mate))

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Bad day at the office MoMA?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Third World Reggin posted:

also have people stopped defending spending stupid amounts of cash on this because they have more disposable income yet

like lol I got spare bullets it is ok if I shoot my self in the foot

1) no

2) yes as long as you actively avoid medical attention

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

Lazrin posted:

i hope you all understand that it's very hard to get onto your wank wagon based solely on your words.

as i said before, the only thing i lose of this goes south is a couple hundred bucks and the hope of playing something like this. i'm not a raving fanboy and i don't think they can make it to a happy ending. but i'm also not an irrational hater.

so, show me the goods. show me how you know neither game is ever coming out. show me its a money collecting scam. that, my friends, is the only way the conversation turns

until then, i have no more reason to believe it won't come out some form than to believe it will. and as a gamer i hope it still does.

if it doesn't, have fun waiting another decade for someone to have the balls to try again

Well, its really loving nice of you to let us know how we are allowed to discuss things. loving thanks.

This is how we know you are a lunatic and a raving fanboy. You seem to assume that there is only one way and you're here to let us know. That's how cultists think.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Bitcoin millionaires, and grey market CAPTAINS of industry will right this sinking ship.

Just wait for the prices to stabilize and all with be ok.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Also Lazrin, how does it make you feel knowing that the entire country of Sweden now follows Derek Smart?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Streetroller posted:

This is like a couple whose engagement has broken up and the guy asks for the engagement ring back after the lady refuses to give it back repeatedly. Finally, the guy goes to the girl's sympathetic mom. The girl goes "Fine, I'll give it back. I don't have to, but you're such a bitch that I don't want it anyway."

She only gives back the band. The diamond is missing. The guy has to go to the mom again to get the diamond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Lazrin posted:

Does that include the post where you called everyone on this thread a oval office? I could check, but that would require effort.

But please, keep posting. It's not everyday that you see a strawman in the wilds

EDIT: Hey, why don't you edit that inflammatory post undermining your argument? Certainly no one will notice, and it's not like you were quoted a whole bunch of times!

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jul 12, 2016

• Locked thread