Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

WHOOOAAAA WHOAAAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

HoneyBoy posted:

WHOOOAAAA WHOAAAAA

Colored people time. LOL, eh?

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

noctambulous nebab posted:

It means I will take a racist obnoxious person with integrity as an artist over a punk thug wannabe who makes trash music like Meek Mill.

I don't even know where to start....integrity as an artist bwahahahahahaha

Meek Mill makes trash music? Holy gently caress that is another gem....I'm going to need you to not act like he hasn't had some major hits. Where's my Ebro gently caress OUTA HEAH button?

I think we need to have a house meeting yall, I don't feel safe here anymore

Robert Analog posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV8CiRlVTkU
Montana over panda

"I pull up on 'em like birdman and you know not to play with my fuckin name"

Fire in the church is going to be amazing......

******R&B TALK*******

Saw this guy on Jimmy Fallon last night, and he sounded pretty good live...I gotta check the rest of his stuff out

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/gallant-weight-in-gold/3034612

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 12, 2016

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

Yuzenn posted:

I don't even know where to start....integrity as an artist bwahahahahahaha

Meek Mill makes trash music? Holy gently caress that is another gem....I'm going to need you to not act like he hasn't had some major hits. Where's my Ebro gently caress OUTA HEAH button?

Ebro is a perfect comparison actually... thank you.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
profound lyrics:- "look at these titties, double d's"

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

profound lyrics:- "look at these titties, double d's"

I'm not going to go through her lyrics to prove you wrong because that would be gay. Apparently you are already familiar with them anyway.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

I'm not going to go through her lyrics to prove you wrong because that would be gay. Apparently you are already familiar with them anyway.

actually, it is you, who is gay

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

*throws you in a locker*

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

*throws you in a locker*

Nice edit. A post so nice you made it twice.

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot
Does anybody know when Isaiah Rashad is releasing his album?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Does anybody know when Isaiah Rashad is releasing his album?

Hopefully you'll be permabanned from here before he does

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Artistry is not whatever your politics happen to be today. She has a consistent image and sound, her lyrics are profound, her singing is good, her rapping is good. She appeared with a polished radio hit and is making great music.

It's annoying to me when people have the bad taste to disregard great music because of some inappropriate behavior, you people don't do this poo poo with Chris Brown, not with Meek Mill or any of the rappers you like. They are all "terrible people", or at least we can presume them to be if they are being honest in their music. Most of them are not. But she's an African American girl who said some bad words online so she's easy to hate.

She was literally attacking a 14 year old girl telling her to hurry up and go through puberty so she can sell herself and get plastic surgery....So yeah go gently caress yourself.

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

Dexo posted:

She was literally attacking a 14 year old girl telling her to hurry up and go through puberty so she can sell herself and get plastic surgery....So yeah go gently caress yourself.
What if I told you the music you are listening to is built upon glorifying drug dealing and gangbanging? You know, stuff that actually destroys communities for generations.

Kenshin posted:

Hopefully you'll be permabanned from here before he does

For what, having an opinion? I am not aware of everything that takes place online, so if you are saying that I deserve to be permabanned by association for her actions, I have to say you're crazy.

I would love to discuss the merits of the music though, presuming that's actually something you care about...

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

What if I told you the music you are listening to is built upon glorifying drug dealing and gangbanging? You know, stuff that actually destroys communities for generations.

For what, having an opinion? I am not aware of everything that takes place online, so if you are saying that I deserve to be permabanned by association for her actions, I have to say you're crazy.

I would love to discuss the merits of the music though, presuming that's actually something you care about...

I wasn't talking about her music though. Though I don't like the music she creates and I don't care about how technically good it is or any "objective" test of music. It does absolutely nothing for me. Good on you for liking it though. Like what you like with no shame.

However If someone's a piece of poo poo, I'll call them a piece of poo poo regardless of how I feel about their music.

Kanye West is gigantic piece of poo poo, Lupe Fiasco can be a real annoying piece of poo poo.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

I'll keep this simple because this going completely off the rails.

Azealia is a person with debatably good or not good music, but no one will ever know because as of right now all she chooses to do is be an internet troll. Her most recent target is a young girl, who has no dog in the rap game at all....is not at all essential to her career or career path and proceeds to set women back a couple of decades by insinuating that her only value is going to be upon being able to reproduce and becoming a sexual object.

This is the most recent of many absolutely unnecessary times she's fired off at the mouth about totally inconsequential poo poo because that's all she does.

Basically, no one gives a gently caress about what she raps about because she is just simply annoying. She could be the most talented rapper ever and it doesn't matter because she acts like a petulant child instead of an adult focused on a career. She's 24 so she's got time to fix this but for right now she's not doing her own career any favor, she's just spouting forgettable white noise.

Honestly, this can't be THAT hard to follow, right?

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Guess it's time for the biannual low effort nmd raps troll :kiddo:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Robert Analog posted:

Yep, I just really love arguing. low effort trolls are my kryptonite.

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

Dexo posted:

I wasn't talking about her music though. Though I don't like the music she creates and I don't care about how technically good it is or any "objective" test of music. It does absolutely nothing for me. Good on you for liking it though. Like what you like with no shame.

However If someone's a piece of poo poo, I'll call them a piece of poo poo regardless of how I feel about their music.

Kanye West is gigantic piece of poo poo, Lupe Fiasco can be a real annoying piece of poo poo.
You carefully explained your position and I appreciate that. I saw people conflating the art with the person themselves and I object to that. It's easy to be offended in front of the computer, which explains why many people don't want to explain their feelings or admit the fact that they might be holding a double standard because she is a woman and internet trolling is more real to them than real communities in the ghetto being destroyed.

Don't feel bad cuz of that other guy, this is a good response.

quote:

I'll keep this simple because this going completely off the rails.

Azealia is a person with debatably good or not good music, but no one will ever know because as of right now all she chooses to do is be an internet troll. Her most recent target is a young girl, who has no dog in the rap game at all....is not at all essential to her career or career path and proceeds to set women back a couple of decades by insinuating that her only value is going to be upon being able to reproduce and becoming a sexual object.

This is the most recent of many absolutely unnecessary times she's fired off at the mouth about totally inconsequential poo poo because that's all she does.

Basically, no one gives a gently caress about what she raps about because she is just simply annoying. She could be the most talented rapper ever and it doesn't matter because she acts like a petulant child instead of an adult focused on a career. She's 24 so she's got time to fix this but for right now she's not doing her own career any favor, she's just spouting forgettable white noise.

Honestly, this can't be THAT hard to follow, right?

This, on the other hand, is stupid.

First of all, you are a male theorizing on an insulated message board about how she is "setting back women". Ya know, a real woman who has done more than you ever could, and from a more humble beginning. That poo poo is offensive. But I guess the welfare of women is only good so long as it doesn't make you uncomfortable?

People like her music. Generally they are people who are more devoted and passionate because they don't just listen to what they think is hard or gangsta in 2016, a year as far removed as possible from any degree of authenticity in rap as it gets. These are people who actually care about music and aren't exposed to media narratives or other irrelevant crap.

You pretend to be "above it all" in the beginning of your post, and then proceed to pander to a very specific and diminutive perspective of women's' wellbeing and are dismissive of her music as a whole. You need to pick a place to form your opinion before you begin talking.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

You carefully explained your position and I appreciate that. I saw people conflating the art with the person themselves and I object to that. It's easy to be offended in front of the computer, which explains why many people don't want to explain their feelings or admit the fact that they might be holding a double standard because she is a woman and internet trolling is more real to them than real communities in the ghetto being destroyed.

Don't feel bad cuz of that other guy, this is a good response.

This, on the other hand, is stupid.

First of all, you are a male theorizing on an insulated message board about how she is "setting back women". Ya know, a real woman who has done more than you ever could, and from a more humble beginning. That poo poo is offensive. But I guess the welfare of women is only good so long as it doesn't make you uncomfortable?

People like her music. Generally they are people who are more devoted and passionate because they don't just listen to what they think is hard or gangsta in 2016, a year as far removed as possible from any degree of authenticity in rap as it gets. These are people who actually care about music and aren't exposed to media narratives or other irrelevant crap.

You pretend to be "above it all" in the beginning of your post, and then proceed to pander to a very specific and diminutive perspective of women's' wellbeing and are dismissive of her music as a whole. You need to pick a place to form your opinion before you begin talking.

Am I witnessing the Azealia Banks AMA or something here? The gently caress is going on?

Do you not remember when she told those women who were accusing Bill Cosby that "them bitches frontin' like they wasn't trying to get some of that pudding pop!!!!", or the 100 Trillion in reparations or endorsing Trump? Or are we still talking about her "authenticity" as a rapper?

Kenshin posted:

Pro-tip the Ignore button is super great

Actual content: a reminder of how great Lupe's EP Pharaoh Height is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22PRPAWEYyg

You right. You smaaaaart.

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 12, 2016

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Actual content: a reminder of how great Lupe's EP Pharaoh Height is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22PRPAWEYyg

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot
Cowardly responses as expected. I am sure there is someone in this thread who will either understand what I am saying or have the courage to recognize a genuine starting point for discussion.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Bhris Brown is a legend though

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

second best woman beater to ever do it.

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Disclaimer: Point might not apply to Drake fans.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Cowardly responses as expected. I am sure there is someone in this thread who will either understand what I am saying or have the courage to recognize a genuine starting point for discussion.

Lmafo, the rap thread is not the place for you to hop on your high horse and enlighten the rest of us with your superior rhetoric. It's a place for me to copy the musical tastes of others so I can impress all my wiry suburban pals :v:

Dexo posted:

Who's the first?

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Lmafo, the rap thread is not the place for you to hop on your high horse and enlighten the rest of us with your superior rhetoric. It's a place for me to copy the musical tastes of others so I can impress all my wiry suburban pals :v:

Who's the first?

It's got to be Ike or Bobby

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Who's the first?

Marvin Gaye though yeah I forgot about Bobby Brown.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 12, 2016

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
https://soundcloud.com/southside808mafia/young-sizzle-fiji-prod-by-dy-808mafia

Let's get back to bangers folks

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Who's the first?

john lennon

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

heh

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Robert Analog posted:

i liked 'australian rap is good' guy better than this new guy or even rear end ketchum until he got bored of his own trolls and started serious posting but in general you idiots in this thread need to stop biting so hard on these posters

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot
I would like to make it absolutely clear that I am not trolling, though perhaps it is a shock compared to the goofy posts ITT

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot
hahahahaha

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Dexo posted:

Chance - No Problem ft Wayne, and 2 Chainz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM5UevY4zJk

Was not expecting that collaboration.

im so loving excited for this to happen tonight

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

40 lbs to freedom posted:

im so loving excited for this to happen tonight

Datpiff has the countdown at 20 hours :qq: say it ain't so

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Dexo posted:

He's probably not even cracking the top 20 women beaters in music.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
what the gently caress

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Dexo posted:

This was actually the first Wayne Verse I ain't hate in a while.

I slept on COLLEGROVE and don't care about Lil Wayne but man I fell in love with this track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB_Wx477Njw

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

alansmithee posted:

He's probably not even cracking the top 20 women beaters in music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Kenshin posted:

Your own personal pussiness is directly proportional to how many posters on an Internet forum you have had to put on ignore.