Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Eldercain posted:

While searching DA for a picture of a toilet with knees, I came across this instead:

If the thread title hadn't so recently been changed, I would suggest this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

thecluckmeme posted:

:stare:

A good CAD? When do the horsemen ride?

Cad's improved a small bit after Buckley ended the series (and then rebooted it like two weeks later). There's little to no stuff involving Ethan and company, and at the very least, it's somehow better drawn than Penny Arcade (although that can just be attributed to Penny Arcade's decline).

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

thecluckmeme posted:

That's not funny or good at all, it's just the salt meme and overwatch.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Eldercain posted:

While searching DA for a picture of a toilet with knees, I came across this instead:

http://phillterunfiltered.deviantart.com/art/The-Near-Escape-557311126

This looks like the kind of hosed up scene that could be featured on the show.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This looks like the kind of hosed up scene that could be featured on the show.

I'm pretty sure I saw this specific art posted on an official rick and morty page somewhere

e: Yup http://madizzlee.deviantart.com/journal/Rick-and-Morty-Contest-Winners-563067266

"Justin Roiland, co-creator of Rick and Morty, picked the top three bizarre and crazy dimensions from the amazing semi-finalists."

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Eldercain posted:

While searching DA for a picture of a toilet with knees, I came

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Eldercain posted:

http://phillterunfiltered.deviantart.com/art/The-Near-Escape-557311126

Huh you'd really think you'd see more Vasquz-style R&M

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
The good news is shortly after I found what I was looking for, but it's not technically fanart.

I don't remember the exact REASON I was looking for it but I know the knees part was partially inspired by big knees fanart from this thread.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

artist source: http://thezombiedogz.tumblr.com/post/146181630780/ka-pow

I don't know to link the audio files so click through to hear it. I just thought it was funny, and the voice acting was the cherry on top

Voice actor source [with art source]: http://dryeguy.tumblr.com/post/146627918118/voices-reaper-me-mercy-deadjosey-comic

Voice actor source [with art source]: http://dryeguy.tumblr.com/post/146073732298/patience-is-a-virtue-voices-genji-and-zenyatta

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

thecluckmeme posted:

The ritual is just finally starting to work and the transfer of power from PA to CAD is underway.

I assume cross-game fanart counts?

Someone made Gao Gai Gar in Gundam Breaker 3 and I love it.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Eldercain posted:

The good news is shortly after I found what I was looking for, but it's not technically fanart.

I don't remember the exact REASON I was looking for it but I know the knees part was partially inspired by big knees fanart from this thread.
I think I speak for all of us when I say, I don't care if it's not fanart, please post the toilet with knees.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0i90-arfyE

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/pmendicant/status/767556162866864128

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
gremlin mtn dew and dorito jokes about dva have gotten really unfunny really fast. for one, like. esports in korea are a much bigger deal? like. i’ve lived in korea, and there are tv channels, or at least shows, dedicated to playing starcraft, and i recall on more than one occasion sitting in a hair salon or doctors office and those types of channels would be on like no big deal

and like. doritos and mtn dew are such an american trope? its subtly whitewashing her without actually changing her features and skintone, but rather culturally, and on top of that it infantilizes her. east asian women get infantilized so loving much that its a really big loving problem and quite frankly racist? like i havent seen an asian woman character that wasn’t either an Exotic™ Perfect Wife, an Unfeeling Aloof Dragon Lady trope, or infantilized and portrayed as unable to care for herself.

and using child/gremliln dva is springboard to make the White Faves her caretakers dont think i dont see that either lmao

like the jokes were funny at first, but its a huge loving problem and really old and irritating now???

and theres so much to hana song thats really interesting that gets overlooked by the fans. she’s 19, and she’s been drafted into the miitary because they’re so desperate they turned to gamers. she fights for her contry and her life against a massive loving kaiju level omnic that learns the more and more you fight it and she still continues to win. and she livestreams her battles, which, yes, the initial thought is hilarious as hell, but she also very well could be broadcasting her own death live to the public. and. its hard being in the public eye all the time (especially in constant situations of pressure), but she puts herself out there and still remains a beloved public figure. that takes charisma and strength and god knows what else and she’s only nineteen.

but. yeah. by all means. all there is to her is doritos and mountain dew and overused gamer jokes, right?

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lottery of Babylon has a challenger!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

What even is this

All they did was take a character named umaru from an anime about a little gremlin gamer girl who is lazy and eats chips and snacks and drinks sodas all day and replaced her with dva and used mountain dew and doritos since overwatch is a game by blizzard which is one of the sources of the doritos/dew gamer meme thing

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Please link to where that glorious mess came from

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

gremlin mtn dew and dorito jokes about dva have gotten really unfunny really fast. for one, like. esports in korea are a much bigger deal? like. i’ve lived in korea, and there are tv channels, or at least shows, dedicated to playing starcraft, and i recall on more than one occasion sitting in a hair salon or doctors office and those types of channels would be on like no big deal

and like. doritos and mtn dew are such an american trope? its subtly whitewashing her without actually changing her features and skintone, but rather culturally, and on top of that it infantilizes her. east asian women get infantilized so loving much that its a really big loving problem and quite frankly racist? like i havent seen an asian woman character that wasn’t either an Exotic™ Perfect Wife, an Unfeeling Aloof Dragon Lady trope, or infantilized and portrayed as unable to care for herself.

and using child/gremliln dva is springboard to make the White Faves her caretakers dont think i dont see that either lmao

like the jokes were funny at first, but its a huge loving problem and really old and irritating now???

and theres so much to hana song thats really interesting that gets overlooked by the fans. she’s 19, and she’s been drafted into the miitary because they’re so desperate they turned to gamers. she fights for her contry and her life against a massive loving kaiju level omnic that learns the more and more you fight it and she still continues to win. and she livestreams her battles, which, yes, the initial thought is hilarious as hell, but she also very well could be broadcasting her own death live to the public. and. its hard being in the public eye all the time (especially in constant situations of pressure), but she puts herself out there and still remains a beloved public figure. that takes charisma and strength and god knows what else and she’s only nineteen.

but. yeah. by all means. all there is to her is doritos and mountain dew and overused gamer jokes, right?

Honestly, this is a pretty good argument. American esports and korean esports are very different, (ie korean esports are less of a joke). Plus the whole thing is starting to show wear.

Tho I have seen a good amount of D. Va art that had no gamer jokes or had gamer jokes but without the gremlin element. It just doesn't get posted here often because it's not particularly weird or silly.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
As someone who doesn't play overwatch, the gremlin poo poo is the best of any fanart from it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
By the way, how nws can you go with weird fanart

There is some jojo fanart I want to post and it is essentially as nws as dickbutt or the avatars of these users

but I don't wanna go too far. I guess I can always just link it but I wanna ask before hand to make sure.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Someone drawing a female character from a video game in a silly non-sexual way? This will not stand!

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

As someone who doesn't play overwatch, the gremlin poo poo is the best of any fanart from it

As someone who does, D.vA comes across as an obnoxious cross between pedo-bait (I'm sorry, "Ephebophilia") and self-serving aggrandizing of esports/streamers without a hint of irony, and that's before you get into the stupid game lore where she's Korea's superhero who also stars in blockbuster movies and is beloved by everyone.

If anything the Gremlin fanart is a proportional response that justifies her existence.

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

i guess tumblr post

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

mind the walrus posted:

As someone who does, D.vA comes across as an obnoxious cross between pedo-bait (I'm sorry, "Ephebophilia")
you're weird and looking too far into it

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'll be sure to have you proofread every joke I make from now on.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

Pharah isn't white, and neither is grandma Ana >:V

get your facts straight, weird person on tumblr person trying to incite outrage from nothing

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Mikedawson posted:

Honestly, this is a pretty good argument. American esports and korean esports are very different, (ie korean esports are less of a joke). Plus the whole thing is starting to show wear.

Tho I have seen a good amount of D. Va art that had no gamer jokes or had gamer jokes but without the gremlin element. It just doesn't get posted here often because it's not particularly weird or silly.

If Mr Tastee thinks that a good post then it's confirmed it's a bad post

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

D.va's insufferable as an actual character and much better as a dumb little gremlin.

I almost wish I could say it's the first time I've seen this.

Yardbomb has a new favorite as of 12:57 on Aug 22, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
gently caress it, I'll link it. :nws: for drawings of dicks

JoJos as penises

I think it is a funny picture

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I'm glad we still aren't able to express nuanced opinions on the internet without someone immediately making a strawman out of it

Also, in a transparent attempt to not make this entirely a whinepost, let me post something

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Hm... Yes, very promblembatic. Did you know they had a skin that resembles a Hindu deity in Overwatch? Imo, Blizzard fosters that sort of cultural insensitivity in their fans by setting a bad example themselves.

Alternatively, *fart* it's a stupid shooty game with stupid characters. I don't think no one was sperging so much about TF2. Maybe because all playable characters in TF2 are men.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mikedawson posted:

I thought that if I posted any of them I'd be hissed at.

Wedemeyer posted:

I don't know to link the audio files so click through to hear it. I just thought it was funny, and the voice acting was the cherry on top

Voice actor source [with art source]: http://dryeguy.tumblr.com/post/146627918118/voices-reaper-me-mercy-deadjosey-comic

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_o8lxrlLUaV1qcbnq0_480.mp4#_=_
Source

Reaper, why you gotta creep out your friends?

Also, I was never a fan of it because I felt like it was a weak joke to begin with but as long as they do something with it beyond 'oh man, she's eatin' Doritos and drinking mtn dew, hoo boy!' then I'm good with it.

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 13:49 on Aug 22, 2016

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Please link to where that glorious mess came from

No one has done that yet, right?

http://wingrogers.tumblr.com/post/149169096547/gremlin-mtn-dew-and-dorito-jokes-about-dva-have

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Hm... Yes, very promblembatic. Did you know they had a skin that resembles a Hindu deity in Overwatch? Imo, Blizzard fosters that sort of cultural insensitivity in their fans by setting a bad example themselves.

Alternatively, *fart* it's a stupid shooty game with stupid characters. I don't think no one was sperging so much about TF2. Maybe because all playable characters in TF2 are men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxXEPk3dzFg

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Can we have a moratorium on unsourced Tumblr discourse? It's not funny and it just brings the thread down.

x

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

gently caress it, I'll link it. :nws: for drawings of dicks

JoJos as penises

I think it is a funny picture

classic four balls josuke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012