Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012
Has anyone been able to download the pre-load on PS4? All it downloaded for me was a theme, and every time I go to the store it just shows the countdown clock. I'd like to get it downloaded today since I'll be without an internet during a long distance move.

Help me play this in my hotel :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Full perk chart with ranks:

Credit goes to a Reddit user

There are typos with the attribute names being replaced with "Strength" at the top, but the rest of the descriptions check out.

Edit:

Robot Danger posted:

Has anyone been able to download the pre-load on PS4? All it downloaded for me was a theme, and every time I go to the store it just shows the countdown clock. I'd like to get it downloaded today since I'll be without an internet during a long distance move.

Pre-loading has not begun yet. You're out of luck.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Not sure what any of you were expecting if the game for you is a huge letdown and the only reason anyone would say "game is good" is to lie to themselves.

Unless you were expecting New Vegas 2 made with Cryengine, but then it's really your fault for being a loving idiot.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Robot Danger posted:

Preload probably won't be up until Sunday.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

strong bird posted:

10 years is a long time to get some God drat sense.

This only makes sense itself if Bethesda games were all you bought in that decade and you refused to admit that they were jank as gently caress. Turns out you can sincerely enjoy games that run the gamut of quality from top to bottom.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Bholder posted:

Not sure what any of you were expecting if the game for you is a huge letdown and the only reason anyone would say "game is good" is to lie to themselves.

Unless you were expecting New Vegas 2 made with Cryengine, but then it's really your fault for being a loving idiot.

Blanket repetitions of "I will love this game no matter what you say!" just seem pointless to me. Like, who cares. Do you (i.e., that person) have a point to make?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

No one was expecting anything more than good old fashioned Bethesda jank. That's like half the reason we play these games.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

Rinkles posted:

Blanket repetitions of "I will love this game no matter what you say!" just seem pointless to me. Like, who cares. Do you (i.e., that person) have a point to make?

It's going to be fun and you can't stop it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

It's going to be fun and you can't stop it.

Well since I'll most probably be playing it day 1, I hope so.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

warburg posted:

All I'm hoping for is a maintained difficultly throughout the entire game but I know that's not going to happen. A couple hours in I'll be super overpowered and all the combat will be piss easy. Which is boring. This happens in every Bethesda game and I hate it so much. I'm guessing fined tuned difficultly is extremely difficult in an open world game.

this is actually just an rpg thing. maybe you should just stick to battlefield or whatever

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

So NPCs appear to be as wooden as they usually are in Bethesda games.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Rinkles posted:

They make about as much point as the opposite complaints of "Gamebryo bad", "Why is the game not written by Obsidian", "Where are my shadows" and "they didn't include my favourite realistic balance mod".

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

How about the posts complaining about the posts posts posts posts posts posts

poooosts

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

hemale in pain posted:

poooosts
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I'm surprised Bethesda hasn't released the full perk list themselves, since it's something that takes some time to digest for those that care, and something that's immediately available to the player anyway (nothing's being spoiled).

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

hemale in pain posted:

poooosts

HATE POSTS

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Rinkles posted:

I'm surprised Bethesda hasn't released the full perk list themselves, since it's something that takes some time to digest for those that care, and something that's immediately available to the player anyway (nothing's being spoiled).

Bethesda cannot handle criticism. If they see someone say, "Hey, why didn't you make more good perks that do something other than give percent increases to damage or criticals? I don't really wanna buy this game now", they probably get really mad about it IRL.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

Bethesda cannot handle criticism. If they see someone say, "Hey, why didn't you make more good perks that do something other than give percent increases to damage or criticals? I don't really wanna buy this game now", they probably get really mad about it IRL.

I'd really like to see you justify this statement with any sort of evidence. All you've done this thread is make super petty snipes at Bethesda. I think perhaps you are the one with the weird hang-ups.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Wonder if that INT 8 robotics perk affects androids too, or if they fall under the "human" enemy category. If it's the former, that's gonna be a pretty important skill.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Fast travel while over encumbered? Perk of the year.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

SunAndSpring posted:

I've seen no evidence of this. It's not like they set out to not make good perks. There is simply a realistic number of things you can do while still being balanced and meaningful to gameplay.

The full perk list also doesn't match what you're saying at all.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

7c Nickel posted:

I'd really like to see you justify this statement with any sort of evidence. All you've done this thread is make super petty snipes at Bethesda. I think perhaps you are the one with the weird hang-ups.

They got the sad brains.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

gently caress man all those Intelligence perks sound really good so far, guess going with 9 Intelligence it is

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
This thread:

Gonna be Just Fun. Just Fun. *Glances nervously at Pipboy edition receipt.*
Just. Fun.

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION
And on the other side

Haha Bethesda is so stupid and bad at videogames what a bunch of hacks *Glances shamefully at Pipboy edition receipt*

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's truth to both, but if you pre-order video games without a significant discount then you're an idiot.

nintendo65
Oct 16, 2008

Two universes separated by a membrane! It causes gravity! I have a uni degree in SCIENCE!!1!
If everyone in Revere was turned into either a super mutant or a ghoul no one would even notice. My first mod will be putting realistic accents on every group of enemies based on what part of Boston they are from then if I can figure it out I'll give them all cheesy douchebag tattoos.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

sector_corrector posted:

There's truth to both, but if you pre-order video games without a significant discount then you're an idiot.

How is that different than buying and playing it at day 1?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm only disappointed that the Agility/Perception 10 perk isn't a variation of the Luck 10 perk but gives you a small chance to hit someone when you're not aiming at them. My Ocelot build is incomplete without it.

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION

Bholder posted:

How is that different than buying and playing it at day 1?

Usually by then you can get some idea of quality via reviews and initial impressions, pre-ordering is basically a show of faith for the quality of the product.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

nintendo65 posted:

If everyone in Revere was turned into either a super mutant or a ghoul no one would even notice. My first mod will be putting realistic accents on every group of enemies based on what part of Boston they are from then if I can figure it out I'll give them all cheesy douchebag tattoos.

Truly the most brutal of all mods.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Best part of the game coming out is that I won't feel compelled to read this thread anymore.

I know it's been a long time since Oblivion, but these type of open world RPGs still blows my mind. Wasteland scrapyard simulator is going to be an amazing experience.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

7c Nickel posted:

I compliment the game when it has something good and make fun of it when it has something bad. If I'm making fun of it a lot, it must follow that they're doing a lot of bad things.

Sharkopath posted:

They got the sad brains.

Turn your monitor on.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

You cant see inside a head with a mirror, you need an MRI for that, idiota.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Or a CT scanner.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

Or a CT scanner.

Or a hammer.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Me: "Hmm, this game has some redeeming factors, but the majority of it appears to be amateurish in quality."

Weirdo Sadbrains: "This guy is crazy! Get him out of here!"

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

iGestalt posted:

Or a hammer.

That changes the nature of the observed, so is unfavorable compared to other brain looking opportunities.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Inverness posted:

Full perk chart with ranks:

Credit goes to a Reddit user

There are typos with the attribute names being replaced with "Strength" at the top, but the rest of the descriptions check out.

Dammit, now I'm feeling the hype. Fallout 4, I can't afford you!

Well, it can't hurt to hear what everyone else thinks first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

no preordering crew :beerpal:

Gonna celebrate my purchase of Postal 4 by trying to run it on a Athlon 5350 PC

• Locked thread