Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Prism posted:

Does Cloud's USB recur on any known banner?

I can afford to pull twice between this and the Al Bhed one in a week, and I would very much like at least a shot at Rikku's as I don't have a useful dancer (I have none of Tyro's breaks either). I'm trying to decide if I should pull one of each, or twice on one or the other, but that depends a bit on recurrence.

Rikku's USB recurs on a far better banner later on.

Edit: And to answer your question, Cloud USB also recurs, but Rikku recurs sooner and there are so many duds on this one. Which banner do you have more dupes for?

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jul 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
I went 1/11, Cait Sith's BSB. I'll probably try another pull later in the week.

Feels like maybe I should've saved more to chase the new hotness, but eh, I picked up some really nice items during Summer Fest that'll probably help me more than a collection of gun arms and megaphones.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
If you need Ice Lulu USB is actually good and the upcoming Rikku banner isn't that bad.

Also Lulu has something over her other ice mage buddies: access to 35% Doublecast Ice if you actually wanted to LD her.

I'm pulling for Rikku but I'm perfectly happy getting anything for Lulu because of my desperate need for ice.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

KPC_Mammon posted:

Rikku's USB recurs on a far better banner later on.

Edit: And to answer your question, Cloud USB also recurs, but Rikku recurs sooner and there are so many duds on this one. Which banner do you have more dupes for?

I have one dupe on each of the current Cloud banner (Cid's Shout-alike, Pilot's Steel) and Rikku's (Rikku's Burst, Machinations).

I wasn't aware Rikku's recurred particularly quickly so I might draw once on Cloud's and then see where I sit.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Prism posted:

I have one dupe on each of the current Cloud banner (Cid's Shout-alike, Pilot's Steel) and Rikku's (Rikku's Burst, Machinations).

I wasn't aware Rikku's recurred particularly quickly so I might draw once on Cloud's and then see where I sit.

She is on the same magicite grand opening banner as Zach's USB.

Unless they change it.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

KPC_Mammon posted:

Unless they change it.

When's that? I'm not sure when magicite shows up.

And Cloud's is on the 30th annniversary ones? Or did I misremember?

Prism fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jul 5, 2017

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
I did an 11 pull on the FF7 banner and got Cait Sith's lucky girl megaphone. That any good?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
3/11

Cloud's BSB2 (not bad, I can use more wind coverage)

AND

2x Rufus SSB, because the game throws loving guns at me. I have two 7* guns already, and a bunch of other 6*

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Holy poo poo my friend just got:

2 Cloud USBs
1 Cloud BSB2

and then did 100 gem pull

Zack CSB

hoooly poo poo

So he basically does CSB > Cloud USB > Cloud BSB 2 > Command 2 > Cloud BSB2 right?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

KPC_Mammon posted:

Unless they change it.

Rikku's BSB is on the magicite opening banner.

Not her USB.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Rikku's BSB is on the magicite opening banner.

Not her USB.

Glad somebody else already pointed it out. Yes, Cloud USB recurred on the FF 30th Anniversary Fest banners but Rikku USB has yet to recur. Evaluate and spend your Mythril accordingly (but still mostly pull for what you want).

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

LornMarkus posted:

Glad somebody else already pointed it out. Yes, Cloud USB recurred on the FF 30th Anniversary Fest banners but Rikku USB has yet to recur. Evaluate and spend your Mythril accordingly (but still mostly pull for what you want).

Are you sure? This post lists Rikku's USB on Super Fest banner 2.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
1/11 gun arm. I win! 😀 😀 😀

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Ripley posted:

Are you sure? This post lists Rikku's USB on Super Fest banner 2.

Huh, I was pretty sure it had only had the BSB. Thanks for proving me wrong then. Worthwhile to remember it is a Pseudo-Fest banner, so Global might get something different.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

I did an 11 pull on the FF7 banner and got Cait Sith's lucky girl megaphone. That any good?

I was complaining about getting it but it actually seems ok? Gives your team attack, defense and Crit buff, the actual BSB commands are -20% to enemy stats that stack with full break and breakdowns. Cait Sith himself has rare 5* dance and bard which lets him basically do AOE support.

I don't have any of the attack/haste things and always have to use them as my friend summon, and I'm actually considering trying this out

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

LornMarkus posted:

Huh, I was pretty sure it had only had the BSB. Thanks for proving me wrong then. Worthwhile to remember it is a Pseudo-Fest banner, so Global might get something different.

It looks like it was missing from the spreadsheet I usually look at as well. Odd. Thanks for the correction, sorry about the confusion.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Cait Sith's BSB is solid you just need to make sure you RW Cloud USB AFTER it so you don't overwrite the 100% crit buff with a 50% one, this has happened to me several times already :negative:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Get hosed you oversized lizard! :black101:

Luneth: BSB + Swordshower SSB
Arc: Both SSB's
Refia: BSB
Zidane: BSB
Ramza: Shout, Chant

First hand experience with Cloud USB can be summed up by: :wtc:

I have no idea how I could have done this without it. After all my buffs and debuffs applied, and Luneth using Cloud USB in to BSB in to Swordshower, he did about 35,000 damage per hit. Considering 8 hits, that is pretty insane damage. But even then I came very close to failing, because Bahamut wasn't still dead after that. Thankfully Sky High was there to do the damage needed to push past the very last sliver of health.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Uggghhhh, I can get Bahamut right to the very end, but can't quite push past in the CM team.

I'm going Luneth (SSB), OK (BSB), Arc (both SSB's), Alphinaud (BSB), and Cid Raines (BSB). I actually got him to the point that his health bar had nothing in it, but it came up just shy. I know this team can do it, but I keep getting super close then either running out of steam or dying.

Is it just summon abilities he doesn't counter? He won't counter Alph's BSB commands, but he'll counter everyone else's.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I was supposed to bicycle to work today. When I woke up I made a deal with myself: I can drive if I go 1/11 gun arm.

I got 2/11 gun arms. And then I cycled to work.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

cloud usb is absolutely disgusting and makes the game very very easy

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Still can't beat jump start Bahamut without any wind bursts or imperils except FF7 Cid's, and that does sub 10k damage per hit. TGC burst actually does plenty but I just can't get off his attacks fast enough. Am I hosed?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Beasteh posted:

cloud usb is absolutely disgusting and makes the game very very easy

See, on one hand, that, but on the other hand, I don't exactly hit the damage cap as Cloud regularly as-is, so it doesn't seem quite as useful (though the guaranteed crits would make that more likely, I suppose).

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Threw my last 50 Mythril in. 1/11, Shortbarrel.

22 pieces of complete trash. gently caress you too, game.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

AegisP posted:

Didn't pull Cloud USB, but RW'd it on a joke attempt at Bahamut 300 to see how much damage my Lightning USB might do with it.

...Focused Bolts entry did 160k and Lightning's USB did 200k. Mastered it in record time. :stare:

Can you elaborate a little more? I'm still trying to beat that fight and I came really close last night. I don't have Lightning USB but I have lots of other fun stuff to combo with RW Cloud USB. What was your overall strat and team?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Just haven't played in ages. :shrug: sorry.

I really didn't mean to be mean, it's just you gave him advice that borders on sabotage and I was just kinda incredulous. If you're kinda rusty then I'd recommend asking a few questions cause quite a lot's changed since the keeper's choice banners were worth consideration.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Attestant posted:

Get hosed you oversized lizard! :black101:

Luneth: BSB + Swordshower SSB
Arc: Both SSB's
Refia: BSB
Zidane: BSB
Ramza: Shout, Chant

First hand experience with Cloud USB can be summed up by: :wtc:

I have no idea how I could have done this without it. After all my buffs and debuffs applied, and Luneth using Cloud USB in to BSB in to Swordshower, he did about 35,000 damage per hit. Considering 8 hits, that is pretty insane damage. But even then I came very close to failing, because Bahamut wasn't still dead after that. Thankfully Sky High was there to do the damage needed to push past the very last sliver of health.

Can you please post a little more detail?

Like, did you use Cloud USB RW right out of the gate and do all your damage with that or did you wait until he was down to around 50% hp?

Here's my current team that I can almost beat him with:

Luneth - BSB and 2 copies of Sky High - no SSB

Orlandeau - OSB, BSB, Omega Drive, Full Charge

OK - BSB and Onion Slice, Armor BD, Magic BD

Arc - Renewing Rains, Word of Kindness, Protectga, Curaja

Ramza - Shout, Full Break, Power BD

Basically I need to know what to do after mitigation is up and team hp is stabilized.

I'm thinking that I would call Cloud USB on Orlandeau, then do OSB into BSB with him, then when Bahamut is below 50% call Cloud USB with Luneth, then do BSB, command 2, then BSB 2 more times, Sky High if necessary.

Is that close?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I can't choose who to use my dragoon motes on - I've got Luneth's Swordshower, Cid's BSB, and Freya's en-wind SSB, and that's it for dragoon relics. Cid seems like the obvious choice, but I honestly haven't been all that impressed with his BSB, despite it looking good on paper. Luneth would be nice for this Bahamut fight, but using motes just for one fight seems like a bad idea.

I'm at that point where I'm just hoarding the motes in case I get a ridiculous dragoon relic at some point, but having at least one copy of Sky High would be nice.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Cloud USB gimmick wasn't working for my physical wind team for Torment III. Instead, used a magic team to bypass the entire Curaga gimmick.

Alphinaud - BSB
Rapha - BSB
Onion Knight - BSB
Tyro - SG
Y'shtola - BSB

RW: Alphinaud - BSB

Basically everyone uses their BSBs to bring Bahamut to 40%, then immediately everyone pop off a
Alphinaud - BSB. A single use on each was enough to kill Bahamut straight out. I had built the team to stack buffs, full break and res breakdown, mana's pean, in addition the BSB effects. The fight was actually pretty easy since there wasn't really any combos to juggle.

The characters are largely interchangable too. I'm pretty sure this team is doable as long as you have Alphinaud - BSB.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Can you please post a little more detail?

Like, did you use Cloud USB RW right out of the gate and do all your damage with that or did you wait until he was down to around 50% hp?

Here's my current team that I can almost beat him with:

Luneth - BSB and 2 copies of Sky High - no SSB

Orlandeau - OSB, BSB, Omega Drive, Full Charge

OK - BSB and Onion Slice, Armor BD, Magic BD

Arc - Renewing Rains, Word of Kindness, Protectga, Curaja

Ramza - Shout, Full Break, Power BD

Basically I need to know what to do after mitigation is up and team hp is stabilized.

I'm thinking that I would call Cloud USB on Orlandeau, then do OSB into BSB with him, then when Bahamut is below 50% call Cloud USB with Luneth, then do BSB, command 2, then BSB 2 more times, Sky High if necessary.

Is that close?

I'm not sure how applicable it is for you, but here's what I did, roughly:

1) At the very start of the match, Luneth and Refia were strictly trying to stay alive, by using their drain attacks. No real DPS before I had everything set up.
2) Arc was applying Protectga, Shellga via Renewing Rains, and then just healing duty, nothing else.
3) Ramza opened with Shout -> Chant -> then cycling Full Break and Breakdown, until I need a second Chant to survive.
4) Actual key to my strat was Zidane, who went BSB -> BSB -> BSB starting from turn 1, to apply three stacks of Imperil Wind, the following that with the BSB commands and Mug Bloodlust being cycled.
5) As soon as I saw that Imperil 3, both Luneth and Refia start to queue up Cloud USB in quick succession. Refia just went Cloud USB -> BSB -> BSB -> BSB -> command spam, while Luneth went Cloud USB -> BSB -> Swordshower -> Swordshower -> Sky High -> Sky High.

Basically the whole thing hinged on the Imperil, and getting Luneth to do insane damage before the 40% mark. Refia was there just for the ride, doing some additional damage. At the very end I also had to stop all actions that weren't Sky High's, because of the counter Curajas were effectively negating all damage that wasn't from Luneth.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So With 538atk (before Synergy) on Cloud, is there any benefit to using his CMD2 when he's already getting atk boosts from Zack and Onion Knight? Those two should be putting him well over the atk softcap when his BSB2 is active and I'm guessing it still caps out at 0.65x per swing at 960ish attack?

Cloud USB friend ID: eJ5G
Over 700 atk with FF7 synergy as well. I could boost it higher by combining the two Enhancers I have but I think having 3 6* swords for FF7 is going to be better (also have an 8* gold sword though). Are there any good +wind damage swords?

Adel posted:

For my setup it seemed more useful to have a wind chain SB native while RWing Cloud's USB than the other way around, so that's what I was hoping for. Or if I had to pick one, that a chain SB would be a better improvement to a wind team than just the USB (especially since I already have Cloud's OSB), but that last one could be based on poo poo assumptions so :v:

I cleared the D300 Bahamut fight earlier and Cloud using USB+BSB2 (with Zack's CSB and OK's BSB) resulted in about 200k damage on entry and over 100k per CMD1 usage when Bahamut was weak to wind (though the last CMD1 was with a 20ish hit boost at the end of the CSB). I've setup my team as Cloud/Zack/OK/Vaan/Y'shtola and it's nasty amounts of damage. The only real downside is that Zack has garbage options for wind damage (and I use my RW for Wall or healer BSB since Y'shtola can't get SB fast enough to keep doing both). It's basically wind slash or a 3* spellblade. I have his SSB but it's non-elemental. At least Vaan can use a 2-hit wind element thief skill when he isn't using Lifesiphon or BSB commands. Still lost a medal on actions taken because I didn't actually pay attention to when Bahamut went weak to wind so I waited much longer than I should have before boarding the CSB->USB->BSB2 murder express, and also kept attacking with OK even though he did less damage than the counter-curaja healed. :downs:

There's nothing more useful than pairing Cloud's USB and BSB2 together unless the target is immune to wind damage. The output is simply ludicrous. Even against the triple Jenova fight he did 200k on entry with his BSB2 and then 100k with CMD1. Even if he was doing half as much damage he'd still be putting out damage on par with or better than OSB->BSB Orlandu.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Holy poo poo my friend just got:

2 Cloud USBs
1 Cloud BSB2

and then did 100 gem pull

Zack CSB

hoooly poo poo

So he basically does CSB > Cloud USB > Cloud BSB 2 > Command 2 > Cloud BSB2 right?

If he needs +atk to hit the softcap, sure? If a boss has a nasty low HP phase then using CMD1 1-2 times before the 2nd BSB2 should also work before Soldier EX mode (and the CSB) ends IIRC. Ideally you want his USB going off almost immediately after the CSB so that Cloud gets as many actions in on it as he can.

Prism posted:

See, on one hand, that, but on the other hand, I don't exactly hit the damage cap as Cloud regularly as-is, so it doesn't seem quite as useful (though the guaranteed crits would make that more likely, I suppose).

Guaranteed crits and a large damage boost that is not affected by atk softcaps and such :eng101:

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Yeah I'm not thinking this is doable without an enwind/imperil wind team. Even with Orlandu/Minfilia going hog wild with holy and Clouds USB on a 3x holy imperil they run out of steam at around 20%.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Are there any good +wind damage swords?

The only Wind+ weapon Cloud can get on a future banner is Dorgaan's SSB. It's on a pretty great banner if you're interested(Bartz USB, Faris USB2).

The only other options out there for him is Bartz's Air Knife, Fujin's Shear Feather and Thancred's Air Knives. Bartz and Fujin's are SBs that will never appear again, and Thancred's SSB is pretty unlikely to appear outside of the low chance on a Dungeon Update Lucky, especially since Japan only has 2 SSBs per banner now, and the next XIV event should introduce three new characters which should take up 3/4 of those SSBs.

Prism posted:

Cloud USB is Auto Crit (+50% damage) and PHY +30%, so it will do x1.95 more damage on top of whatever you do normally. Stacking with other multipliers like En-Elements is what makes removing the damage cap so powerful.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

huh i actually have fujin's dagger++ reforged and cid's goggles++ reforged, are those the absolute best gear to give cloud with his usb + bsb2?

assuming the low atk on the dagger is vastly outweighed by cloud making GBS threads out 99999 bsb/usb entries :gibs:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Can you elaborate a little more? I'm still trying to beat that fight and I came really close last night. I don't have Lightning USB but I have lots of other fun stuff to combo with RW Cloud USB. What was your overall strat and team?

It was a bit of a mess since I didn't take it seriously, thinking it wouldn't work, but it did, so I have room to fix poo poo on it (namely, taking off the Lifesiphons and Gaia Cross that I brought because I was too lazy to change skills):

Lightning - USB/BSB2 - Truthseeker RM - LM1 & LMR
Y'Shtola - Asylum - Thunder God RM
Orlandeau - BSB/OSB - 30% Knight Damage RM - Armour Break (extra damage)
Garnet - BSB2 - 20% Doublecast Summons RM
Ramza - USB - Full Break & Magic Breakdown - Auto-Haste RM
RW: Cloud USB

Lightning & Orlandeau plinked with their abilities until Proshellga & Breaks could get up. Then immediately Garnet BSB & Ramza USB, then instant Garnet BSB again. I don't remember exactly how I queue'd up the initial soul breaks with Lightning, but I do remember the first USB doing not all that much comparatively. But I probably pushed him below 81% (used an early Orlandeau OSB to get Thunder God rolling which hit for 48k), because Lightning's second soul break was Focused Bolts which did 160k on entry. At which point I immediately USB'd again for another 200k entry.

Orlandeau used the second RW Cloud USB charge for an 80k entry BSB, and the fight was mopped up with Lightning & Orlandeau alternating 7-9k CMD1s on their Burst. Garnet plinked away the whole fight with CMD2s on her Burst dealing 12-14k with 3-4 doublecasts, and Y'Shtola Asylum''d whenever he Megaflared (or if I had an instant cast available, tried to save Asylum and just instant-medica'd instead).

I want to go back to streamline this since I'm pretty sure I can farm him for some orbs. The damage does peter out at the end, but Bahamut was too low for that to matter and both Lightning & Orlandeau could deal 25-30k before his Curaja counters. And Lightning never even proc'd her LMR, which would have been nice for some extra damage at any point.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

acumen posted:

Yeah I'm not thinking this is doable without an enwind/imperil wind team. Even with Orlandu/Minfilia going hog wild with holy and Clouds USB on a 3x holy imperil they run out of steam at around 20%.

When he hits his Curaja Spam phase, all of his resistances jump up to 80%. Meaning that even with full imperils you're doing 20% less with any given element than with non-element, unless it's Wind. This is absolutely something they only really expect you to be able to do with a wind team or a fully non-elemental team.

HPanda posted:

Is it just summon abilities he doesn't counter? He won't counter Alph's BSB commands, but he'll counter everyone else's.

He counters everything that can be countered. Summons and SBs (entries, for bursts, not commands) traditionally can't be countered.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

fridge corn posted:

1/11 gun arm. I win! 😀 😀 😀

Same. :sigh:

Dollar pull blue megaphone helped improve my mood though.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

When he hits his Curaja Spam phase, all of his resistances jump up to 80%. Meaning that even with full imperils you're doing 20% less with any given element than with non-element, unless it's Wind. This is absolutely something they only really expect you to be able to do with a wind team or a fully non-elemental team.

Which difficulty? On Jump Start his resistances are 30% at the start, dropping to 20% when he's below 81% HP, and then dropping again to 10% at sub 40% HP (except for Wind, obviously).

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Yeah after saying that I managed to win with a holy team, it was close though. Just had to ignore saints cross/guardbringer and instead spam Orlandu/Minfi BSBs. Using Orlandu's OSB first may have helped him get more attacks in within the Cloud buff too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Yeah Cloud USB is not the WIN BUTTON people were hyping it up to be. I barely managed to squeak by the VII CM battle after I finally decided to RW Zack's CSB. Jenova's 2nd and 3rd forms hit like a truck, so it became a matter of building up enough to zerg through those two stages in one big blast. My VII characters outside of Cloud are pretty underleveled though.

Haven't touched the Torments much yet. Will probably try to level some more characters up first with the final Orbfest phase before giving it a serious push.

How much does phys cap limit Cloud's potential? Do I need Chant/Zack CSB to get the damage into the 50k+ per hit range? Can you get similar results from stacking Shout/VoF/History's Truth/whatever else?

• Locked thread