Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
One last roll. Gold orbs. Saber card! NP2 D'eon.

Umu why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
That gacha cursed me.

The event was unkind in terms of getting Assassin or Berzerker choco so I missed out on them (Fran :() and Jeanne's choco. I hope we can get these again in the rerun next year because this was really rough. When's the bride umu rerun?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

When's the bride umu rerun?

Nerofest Redux, which is late summer early fall. Probably around August, maybe September.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

RMZXAnarchy posted:

That gacha cursed me.

The event was unkind in terms of getting Assassin or Berzerker choco so I missed out on them (Fran :() and Jeanne's choco. I hope we can get these again in the rerun next year because this was really rough. When's the bride umu rerun?

Each year just expands the servant gifts, so yes, they'll still be there.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

ugh, I need to get 13 gears for Waver and Fran

Lord Tpasta
Jan 25, 2010

DENIED!
I managed to clear the shop of everything but 300 and some change of mana prisms. Now to farm EXP cards for my many in-sudden-need-of-leveling Servants.

RanKizama posted:

One last roll. Gold orbs. Saber card! NP2 D'eon.

Umu why?

Sophism posted:

Well... make that NP2 Tamamo. The rate-up is a lie, but I haven't spent all the quartz I bought yet, so let's try again. Ooh, that's a gold Saber card! Hi Mordred... and yes, your father is here and sitting at NP3.

I didn't care for Bride Umu, but throw $80 dollars worth of Saint Quartz at the banner for her. I ended up with three of the five star CEs (that would have been helpful), a D'eon (now NP4), and Mordred (now NP2).

Guess I know who to blame for them showing up again, not that I mind.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Motto posted:

Each year just expands the servant gifts, so yes, they'll still be there.

Thank gently caress. Nerofest 2 showing up later this year is also a good sign.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
Back during the Christmas gacha, I spent all my free quartz trying to roll Jack. I was only stopped from plunging into paid-gacha hell by the last minute appearance of the Saintess of Fiscal Probity and Good Life Decisions.

So then Valentine's rolls around and I decide to do a 10-roll on Jack's rate-up day. 60 quartz later, I see gold sparkles and... Mordred? What are you doing here? Your father is in another castle!

Now the cavalry gacha is taunting me. Someone help me. Or post a catalyst.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
wait for the end-of-year paid gacha.

You get a 50/50 chance at Jack/Jeanne.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
would you guys use a 90 level Asterios

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

who wouldn't use a lvl. 90 Asterios

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I didn't know there was no rateup on the last day so I screwed myself out of clearing the Mana Cubes, so now I need 390 in 17 days or I miss LB'd Mona, and I also didn't get to farm up the feathers or the Berserker pieces I wanted. Stopping the class rotations a day early was dumb as heck, especially when the last two in a row were Knight rateups which were trash for chocolate farming by comparison.

Also Nero Bride denied me after more than 300 quartz and 15 tickets. This event will haunt me. I hope Jeanne Dark is kinder.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

who wouldn't use a lvl. 90 Asterios
Asterios is kind of has a weird party niche, but he is absurdly useful in that niche and being level 90 just makes it even easier to abuse.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
i will raise a very strong asterios because he is very into handholding but I'll wait until he gets his third skill.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If you can get two stacks of Asterios's debuffs on an enemy, you can make pretty much anything in the game do next to no damage. A lot of the "hard content with bronze servants" videos you see wind up buffing Asterios up and letting him solo the second half of the boss.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, the only real hard part of it is somehow feeding him NP gauge since despite his absurdly good support NP he's a your standard three-buster berzerker. You also need to somehow keep him alive long enough to get the NP chaining going which is the big thing grailing him helps with.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
My Asterios is level 80 and he is a very good boy.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Holy poo poo, I actually ran out of QP while ascending and skill leveling Drake. I can't believe I actually have to do the QP dailies. This is weird.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

RanKizama posted:

Holy poo poo, I actually ran out of QP while ascending and skill leveling Drake. I can't believe I actually have to do the QP dailies. This is weird.

I takes over 163 million QP to level up the skills of 1 SSR.

So yep. QP is gonna be a decent roadblock in the future.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I definitely noticed that I had somehow lost some 100 million over the past couple of weeks, and as such figured I should spend my spare time going forward building that supply back up since we are likely to get plenty of gold XP in event shops.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Basically in this game you're desperate for xp until you get blocked by ascension items, then you're desperate for items until you get everybody ascended and can start working properly on their skills, then you're desperate for QP because leveling skills takes ungodly amounts of it. You'll have thought it was never a problem for the whole game, you had hundreds of millions, and then all of a sudden you'll have zero.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Not to say Ascension items aren't going to continue being a bugbear when levelling skills.

Say hi to the 180 Bones and 36 Claws of Chaos you'll need to level Rama's skills.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

sandorius posted:

Back during the Christmas gacha, I spent all my free quartz trying to roll Jack. I was only stopped from plunging into paid-gacha hell by the last minute appearance of the Saintess of Fiscal Probity and Good Life Decisions.

So then Valentine's rolls around and I decide to do a 10-roll on Jack's rate-up day. 60 quartz later, I see gold sparkles and... Mordred? What are you doing here? Your father is in another castle!

Now the cavalry gacha is taunting me. Someone help me. Or post a catalyst.

Fog. Pull for Jack on a day when it's foggy, preferably either before sunrise or after sunset.

If there is no naturally occurring fog within your area, consider taking a hot shower and getting the bathroom really steamed up instead.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rhSSTOZtsc&t=34s

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

W.T. Fits posted:

Fog. Pull for Jack on a day when it's foggy, preferably either before sunrise or after sunset.

If there is no naturally occurring fog within your area, consider taking a hot shower and getting the bathroom really steamed up instead.

Follow up: Hire a prostitute to do the pull for you. It absolutely won't be the weirdest thing a client has wanted her to do.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

That's the last character i was expecting an animation update for, but that owns.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
where's han's animation?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
That loving cheese wedge. lolol

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Bountiful Sea seems less bountiful than advertised regarding Yggdrasil seed drops I need for bride umu's final ascension. Although, you'd think it'd already be included as part of her dowry, right?

I don't need to farm QP yet, but definitely starting to run somewhat low.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Mason Dixon posted:

Bountiful Sea seems less bountiful than advertised regarding Yggdrasil seed drops I need for bride umu's final ascension. Although, you'd think it'd already be included as part of her dowry, right?

Six of them were, assuming you did her trial quest.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Hooray, after a lot more runs than I wanted I finally got the last horseshoe I needed to get Marie's final ascension. Also got Nero's. Once again I need more exp, but thats fine. Also need to get a lot more gears and claws for March, since I'm now low on both of those.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Got Drake to her final second-to-last ascension. Now I just need 48 or so more Fangs for Lancelot and Salter. :suicide:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
fox wife w h y are you so creepy

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

My luck is pretty weird, I decided to whale for jack during her rate up. In the end I ended up with a NP4 Bride Nero and no Jack.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Majinfefnir13 posted:

My luck is pretty weird, I decided to whale for jack during her rate up. In the end I ended up with a NP4 Bride Nero and no Jack.
gently caress off

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Double 5* rateups on the same banner is very bad civilization, in general.

Fish Cake
Jun 13, 2008

woof

Majinfefnir13 posted:

i guess we're mortal enemies or something then because i rolled np3 jack and no bride

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Majinfefnir13 posted:

:argh:

I got nothing out of this gacha but the boyfriend managed to pull Jack off a single pull.
He didn't even want Jack. :geno:

But now we both have Jack.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

And there's no guarantee that it's even a 50:50 split. It's interesting that out of the 625 gacha rolls recorded by reddit 6 were Nero Bride and 0 were other rate-ups; of course some unknown number of those rolls will have been on Bride's solo days, so it certainly doesn't prove anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

No kidding, I’m not looking forward to the summer banner when I’m trying to pull for Martha. :(