Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
brass ftw but its so loving frustrating lol. yeah we made an instrument as expressive as the human voice but you can't really practice longer than 30m at a time without diminishing returns. good job rear end in a top hat!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I really wanted to play the sax as a kid but my school made me do clarinet first and I found out I just do not have the lung capacity for woodwind lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

brass ftw but its so loving frustrating lol. yeah we made an instrument as expressive as the human voice but you can't really practice longer than 30m at a time without diminishing returns. good job rear end in a top hat!!!

I remember alto sax practice being much more frustrating than trumpet as a beginner to both but that probably has more to do with sax period being in elementary school and trumpet in middle so I was slightly more mature and driven lol

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i love mewsic

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I hate music, it's got too many notes.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Buschmaki posted:

a hint of vanilla?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Sleng Teng posted:

I remember alto sax practice being much more frustrating than trumpet as a beginner to both but that probably has more to do with sax period being in elementary school and trumpet in middle so I was slightly more mature and driven lol

getting an elementary schooler to practice a complex instrument is insane behavior to me

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I found it odd that the saxopohone is called that because it was invented by Adolphe Sax. Then i wondered why that would be odd, because why else they would call it that

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Buschmaki posted:

You should check out 4'33'' I think it would be your jam

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

they call it that because sax players are perverts and want to have sax with it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I probably had the lung capacity for instruments since I was pretty deep into choir, but for band I was in pit percussion going off on xylophones and poo poo. Fun to play, didn't have to march, it owned.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

i've never watched an anime outside of Spirited Away and stuff because all the kids with bad taste told me to watch anime. then my homie told me I should watch Jojo because it's anime for people who touch grass and I'm like okay gently caress it whatever and ended up binge watching every episode back to back

then my coworker told me anime isn't for gross high school nerds anymore and to watch fma:brotherhood and i'm like okay gently caress it whatever and ended up binge watching every episode back to back

since december i've watched fma:brotherhood, demon slayer, spy x family, trigun, 86, hunter x hunter, that one time i got turned into a slime, food wars, vox machina, steins gate, and spice and wolf and i think a few others and ngl it's a good time :buddy:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Which Trigun did you watch, OG or the new one, Stampede?

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

Which Trigun did you watch, OG or the new one, Stampede?

The old one from like 1999 I think?

e: 1998

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Nice. If you liked that one check out the Badlands Rumble movie, too. It's a good time.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

anime...is the poo poo

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Knot My President! posted:

i've never watched an anime outside of Spirited Away and stuff because all the kids with bad taste told me to watch anime. then my homie told me I should watch Jojo because it's anime for people who touch grass and I'm like okay gently caress it whatever and ended up binge watching every episode back to back

then my coworker told me anime isn't for gross high school nerds anymore and to watch fma:brotherhood and i'm like okay gently caress it whatever and ended up binge watching every episode back to back

since december i've watched fma:brotherhood, demon slayer, spy x family, trigun, 86, hunter x hunter, that one time i got turned into a slime, food wars, vox machina, steins gate, and spice and wolf and i think a few others and ngl it's a good time :buddy:

you should watch mobile suit gundam

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

youre a weeb now dude lmao

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
its time to watch shoujo kakumei utena

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Meowywitch posted:

you should watch mobile suit gundam

This is good advice. If it's an issue of time, the trio of compilation movies for the original series isn't the worst way to experience it. I think Netflix had those at some point, no clue now. But they ain't bad, managed to get a friend who isn't a big anime fan to watch em and they had a great time.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I think if anything, the compilation movies are the best way to watch 0079. the shows too long and too toy commercial for me to recommend to most people

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Shinjobi posted:

This is good advice. If it's an issue of time, the trio of compilation movies for the original series isn't the worst way to experience it.

it is, watch the original.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The music is better in the show because it keeps all the funk intact.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it never was :twisted:

also if you liked 86 check out mobile suit gundam: ironblooded orphans

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you liked hunter x hunter check out yu yu hakusho, the original mangas by the same guy as hunter x hunter

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
check out school rumble (dub)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you liked slime check out re:zero

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Also check out my old dog

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
that couch loving ruled

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Dog was good too (Daisy)

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Shinjobi posted:

I think Netflix had those at some point, no clue now.

Since all the Gundam series are designed to sell cool plastic model kits bandai puts a lot of them online for free, but they kinda rotate in and out.
Looks like they had the 0079 movies on youtube for free sometime in 2023 but they've since rotated out. ATM their official youtube channel has all of Witch From Mercury though as well as Gundam Seed and Gundam Wing.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
daisy ftw

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

did you also watch steins gate zero?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Endorph posted:

if you liked hunter x hunter check out yu yu hakusho, the original mangas by the same guy as hunter x hunter

Instead of this, watch Level E.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Alternatively, Ninku.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Buschmaki posted:

youre a weeb now dude lmao

no wall scrolls yet but i have like fifty figurine-sized mason jars in my kitchen rn :shroom:

also i have only have watched dubbed anime because the last book i read was harry potter and it got me through four high school book reports so i'm a bad weeb maybe. but the one cool thing is that a core set of actors do the dubs for nearly every anime out there, also the english voice actors for spice and wolf do the audiobooks and they're on Spotify

Runa posted:

did you also watch steins gate zero?

not yet, is it good?

verbal enema posted:

Also check out my old dog

your dog is a good dog

Endorph posted:

if you liked slime check out re:zero

verbal enema posted:

check out school rumble (dub)

Endorph posted:

Arc Hammer posted:

Nice. If you liked that one check out the Badlands Rumble movie, too. It's a good time.

haypliss posted:

Alternatively, Ninku.

haypliss posted:

Instead of this, watch Level E.

Endorph posted:

it never was :twisted:

jesus christ okay i'll watch all these dumb cartoons!!!

trip report from last week:

just started durara in between delicious in dungeon releases, also my coworker recommended some high school sports one and my friend recommended an anime about people that make manga and also violet evergarden but i heard that one's kinda sad?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

not yet, is it good?

Very much so

The premise sounds kind of like a story that didn't need to be told but it's actually The Greatest Story Never Told, at least not from the perspective of the good ending timeline. Also Makise Kurisu somehow manages an incredibly moving heroic sacrifice despite having been dead for years.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I think 0 was far better as a novel novel tbh

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Sorry I'm just kidding around. Personally never a fan of recs when not explicitly asked for. Ninku isn't even dubbed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Endorph posted:

i love how ibo melds mech politics with gangster movie drama, it owns.