Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

JFC ryder's dad turned himself into mahogany

I remember reading that bodybuilders make themselves as dark as possible because of how bright the lights they perform under can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Krueger in his brief face run against Bo-Bo Dallas used to even do the Superfly Hulk up of "HOO HOO HOO"

It was cool.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
*Dragon Gate spoiler*

This makes me sad:
https://twitter.com/TozawaAkira/status/571997975578165251

One of Wrestling's best friendships separates for now as Uhaa is leaving DG for WWE.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Do PWG put stuff on VOD in a timely fashion? I'd like to start watching but I really really don't want to buy physical DVDs, for shelf space reasons if nothing else

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Do PWG put stuff on VOD in a timely fashion? I'd like to start watching but I really really don't want to buy physical DVDs, for shelf space reasons if nothing else

shows are available for VOD when the next one is released on DVD. So like you couldn't buy Untitled II digitally until the Black Cole Sun dropped, and you won't be able to download Black Cole Sun until From Out of Nowhere comes out.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

rovert posted:

*Dragon Gate spoiler*

This makes me sad:

One of Wrestling's best friendships separates for now as Uhaa is leaving DG for WWE.

Last I read, Uhaa's return to DG last month was only to finish out the last dates on his contract, because he was already signed to NXT. I think he only had like 3-4 aired shows and the rest were house show. I'm really looking forward to seeing his farewell match against BxB Hulk, apparently it gets a good half hour or so.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Last I read, Uhaa's return to DG last month was only to finish out the last dates on his contract, because he was already signed to NXT. I think he only had like 3-4 aired shows and the rest were house show. I'm really looking forward to seeing his farewell match against BxB Hulk, apparently it gets a good half hour or so.

his sendoff after the match may have been longer than the match itself. It was heartwarming

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rovert posted:

*Dragon Gate spoiler*

This makes me sad:

epitasis said it best when uhaa becomes the first black wwe whc and uses his clout to bring tozawa and ricochet in

they can feud with a newly reunited shield

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

I thought everything was cool and he had a direct path to NXT. Then February 10th someone who talked to him told me there was a hold up. Uhaa was going to have physically meet with WWE as Dragon Gate still had him contracted for 2 more years. Either WWE and DG came to an agreement or DG granted him his release anyway. 3 weeks ago it was viewed as this massive hold up.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

NickRoweFillea posted:

epitasis said it best when uhaa becomes the tag partner for heath slater

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

NickRoweFillea posted:

epitasis said it best when uhaa becomes the first black wwe whc and uses his clout to bring tozawa and ricochet in

Sasha Banks can use her clout!

Things have kind of changed in NXT since Ricochet's last tryout. I explained it about six months ago but has kind of come to pass even watching NXT TV. When Itami, Steen and Balor were signed there was a formal edict from Triple H to NXT staff that outside experience - indies and Japan matters. DeMott for example can longer do his "you ain't nothing" drill sargent act to Pro Wrestlers trying out or at least not to the same degree

The difference is Ricochet supposedly put some official's noses out of joint when NXT wrestlers marked the gently caress out for him when he walked into the Performance Centre the reaction came from both those with from Pro Wrestling backgrounds and trainees from other fields who were shown footage of him. Ricochet kind of went "viral" in NXT. It was 2014 NXT Wrestlers can just Youtube him on their phones. Ricochet's act is obviously very immediate. A year on from that Uhaa is coming in with pretty much a free passage and tonnes of goodwill from everyone. Between the two I know there's a difference in size but things are far less toxic for Pro Wrestlers these days.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rovert posted:

Sasha Banks can use her clout!

Things have kind of changed in NXT since Ricochet's last tryout. I explained it about six months ago but has kind of come to pass even watching NXT TV. When Itami, Steen and Balor were signed there was a formal edict from Triple H to NXT staff that outside experience - indies and Japan matters. DeMott for example can longer do his "you ain't nothing" drill sargent act to Pro Wrestlers trying out or at least not to the same degree

they still do it on commentary to an annoying degree.

anyway,

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

NickRoweFillea posted:

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg WHY MUST YOU TAUNT ME

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

epitasis posted:

they still do it on commentary to an annoying degree.

i mean, they have to do it in the commentary because they do it in the booking. if you're going to book a guy who was the #1 guy in a national promotion in an even feud with Tyler Breeze you can't exactly have the commentary say "this feud is ludicrous Itami is a superstar and breeze is nobody"

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

rovert posted:

Between the two I know there's a difference in size but things are far less toxic for Pro Wrestlers these days.

That this was ever a thing at their training center for professional wrestlers still makes me :psyduck:

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Roman Reigns posted:

That this was ever a thing at their training center for professional wrestlers still makes me :psyduck:

wrestling has a well-recorded insecure streak when it comes to being reallllll tough guys and it comes out most when you can take it out on rookies. just look at the wcw power plant.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

WeaponX posted:

wrestling has a well-recorded insecure streak when it comes to being reallllll tough guys and it comes out most when you can take it out on rookies. just look at the wcw power plant.

Hey the Power Plant produced such stars as

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

GOLDBERG

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Well, they did get Goldberg, I guess.

dammit mrt

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Luigi Thirty posted:

Chuck Palumbo trained at the Power Plant right? He was kind of fun.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Sean O'Haire :smith:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Roman Reigns posted:

Sean O'Haire :smith:

Was mediocre in the ring.

But then... I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Luigi Thirty posted:

Chael was going to train at the Power Plant but the people there said to wait until he finished college and so he did and by the time he graduated WCW didn't exist anymore.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Luigi Thirty posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUJzj4DXHYE

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bob sapp

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

DDP

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Bog How

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

And he killed Bret Hart. The vicious cycle of abuse.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

the power plant turned down batista so gently caress them

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

And he killed Bret Hart. The vicious cycle of abuse.

Mercy killing.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Power Plant produced main eventers.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shima Honnou posted:

Power Plant produced main eventers.

Brodus was trained at the Power Plant?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Jerusalem posted:

Brodus was trained at the Power Plant?

Ahem. #HisnameisTyrus

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Think Louis Theroux trained at the power plant, he's a big name

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

I thought DDP trained at the power plant?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

I thought DDP trained at the power plant?

He worked out and improved there during his career but his initial training was well before the Power Plant existed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Squalitude posted:

God that was a surreal show.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Jerusalem posted:

God that was a surreal show.

You guys ever heard of Jimmy Saville? Because that was loving nothing.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
who is bog how?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Squalitude posted:

Waldo's the name, London, England the place of origin.