Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

You are all horrible people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Human Grand Prix posted:

I would like to see Bahrain, Baku and Abu Dhabi go away as well.

Istanbul is the real Persian GP.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

You are all horrible people

Posting in the truly worst of threads.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Minto Took posted:

Not Constantinople?

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

DoctorGonzo posted:

They should bring back Buenos Aires.

If they ran Beunos Aires in the ridiculously fast almost-an-oval layout I would :gizz: all over this thread and the internet so much.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Minto Took posted:

Hey, gently caress you.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Istanbul is a great track and I think about it most days.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
What about the Indian GP? That brought it's own special set of engine issues to the party.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I remember nothing about the Indian GP.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

I remember nothing about the Indian GP.

Really? The only thing notable was the Indian guy in the stands holding up the sign "WELCOME RACING GODS".

Literally everything else about it was complete poo poo. Also the horrible laziness of the construction workers when it was being built and everything was last second.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I remember the smog?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

Further complications arose when several figures within the Formula One paddock – reported to be Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg and "half" of the HRT team – had their visa applications rejected.[28] A senior FIA figure was quoted as saying that if the extended visa processing period continued, then up to ninety percent of people involved in the sport would be unable to attend the race.[28] Ten days before the race, Team Lotus driver Heikki Kovalainen reported via Twitter that he was still in the process of signing documents to enter the country, labelling the process as "a joke" and describing it as needlessly complex.[29] Despite concerns over the application process, no teams reported that their personnel had been denied entry to the country.

lmao I remember this. It was because all the Indian border officials and visa offices were wanting huge bribes and were basically holding the poo poo hostage.

Also,

quote:

The Indian Grand Prix was set to have a one-year hiatus and then return on the 2015 Formula One season calendar as confirmed by the FIA. Bernie Ecclestone later cast doubt on this, suggesting the race would be delayed until 2016,[35] and this doubt was later confirmed by Ecclestone in August 2014 in Belgium. The Indian Grand Prix was cancelled for the second consecutive year following tax disputes between the FIA and the Uttar Pradesh government.[36][37][38] The circuit, despite the placards saying "New Delhi"[39] is not located in the union territory of Delhi, but in the neighbouring state of Uttar Pradesh.[34] The government of UP now says that F1 is not a sport, but entertainment and wants to levy taxes on the event.[34]

quote:

Six weeks before the Grand Prix, reports emerged that the race was under threat from the Indian government seeking to tax a share of the teams' earnings.[22] Under the system used by Formula One, teams that place in the top ten in the final World Constructors' Championship standings receive a percentage of money paid to Formula One Management for television rights. In accordance with Indian tax law, it was reported that the Indian government believed it was entitled to levy taxes on these earnings because the teams competed in India. This led to suggestions that the teams could boycott the race, though McLaren team principal and Formula One Teams Association chairman Martin Whitmarsh denied the claims,[23] stating that the teams were exploring their options and were confident of finding a resolution.[22] On 14 September, the race organizers JPSI offered to pay the customs tax if necessary.[24] The Indian government later relented, offering the sport an exemption from paying the tax altogether.[25] The Supreme Court sought an explanation from the Uttar Pradesh government for granting the tax exemption to Jaypee Group. The notices were issued by the apex court on the basis of a public interest litigation, which challenged the exemption of entertainment and luxury tax for organising the Formula One event.[26] On 21 October, the Supreme Court enacted a temporary injunction to end the dispute, stipulating that the event organisers would deposit 25% of ticket money into a separate account until the court judged the validity of the entertainment tax exemption granted for the event by the Uttar Pradesh government.[27]

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This is some Berenstain Bears poo poo, I'm certain none of that happened in whatever universe I was inhabiting from 2011-2013.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

He sure is a #notgood driver

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
What does that make hamilton then

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
#MinorityQuota

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The Indian GP was good as a learner track in the F1 games it was in

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

DoctorGonzo posted:

Team Jackie Chan powered by Ferrari. Book it, Jean!
This would be a step down for Our Jackie. He just won 2nd and 3rd overall at Le Mans.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
No way, this is exactly where Jackie Chan should end up. He's extremely pro-Communist Regime and would love to turn it into a point of pride for the government.

Jackie Chan F1 would be such a natural evolution of his involvement in LMP1 especially if state money gets involved. Which it will somehow somewhere.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

OhsH posted:

A victim of a conspiracy

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

OhsH posted:

If Hamilton flew his own plane or helicopter he would have the good graces to have a proper fatal crash like other British heroes Graham Hill or Colin McRae. Not some weak pansy-rear end "oh the door opened slightly and had to be shut and it was REALLY scary".

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

NtotheTC posted:

If Hamilton flew his own plane or helicopter he would have the good graces to have a proper fatal crash like other British heroes Graham Hill or Colin McRae. Not some weak pansy-rear end "oh the door opened slightly and had to be shut and it was REALLY scary".

Lewis didn't even get killed by that tiger so your theory kinds falls apart there bud.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

wicka posted:

This is some Berenstain Bears poo poo, I'm certain none of that happened in whatever universe I was inhabiting from 2011-2013.

I remember it happening. Also, I asked my mom how to spell "Benenstain," and she said, "With an 'a,' right? I recall thinking it was weird that they didn't spell it with an 'e.'" My mother, ladies and gentlemen: ruiner of internet memes.

Mentioned the lack of an India race to a friend of mine recently who does logistics work for entertainment, and he said India is a nightmare of bribery when it comes to shipping things in and out. What surprises me is that Bernie couldn't grease enough palms to make that stop. Then again, maybe the cost/benefit ratio for the race dropped way below beneficial when the bribes were subtracted out of the gross income.

My motorsports work chat is theorizing that maybe Honda will buy Sauber outright and make it a works team. We're already placing bets on how long it takes Honda to fire sale it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I'm sure the current owners would be absolutely thrilled if Honda wanted to buy the team outright. I don't see that happening for a while not until they get the drat engine sorted out.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

What kind of poor loser doesn't have polarized Ray Bans? Fail.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

He was likely sent them

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The owners of Sauber have now come out and said all the media reports are complete lies and the team will always treat both drivers completely equal and Monisha resigned simply due to creative differences on where to take the Han Solo movie and a new director will be announced soon in the mean time Star Trek Discovery will be débutting later this year and stars Jean Todts wife as the captain and will definitely not be the Star Trek equivalent of Stefan GP

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

The owners of Sauber have now come out and said all the media reports are complete lies and the team will always treat both drivers completely equal and Monisha resigned simply due to creative differences on where to take the Han Solo movie and a new director will be announced soon in the mean time Star Trek Discovery will be débutting later this year and stars Jean Todts wife as the captain and will definitely not be the Star Trek equivalent of Stefan GP

In a perfect world, this would be the thread title.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Carth Dookie posted:

In a perfect world, this would be the thread title.

Sadly, character limits exist :smith:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

Describe in single words. Only the good things that come to your mind. About Monisha.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

Describe in single words. Only the good things that come to your mind. About Monisha.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
ran a scam on five drivers to keep team afloat

owns

peak f1

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Mean to my girl Simona.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Mean to my man Kobayashi*

*I count him not having a ride in 2013 as being mean to him

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

mrfart posted:

Is that 'steering wheel' welded to the chassis?

....he thought as he entered Tamburello.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Kilmers Elbow posted:

....he thought as he entered Tamburello.

:golfclap:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Honda has bought a new MGU-H for both drivers this weekend, hence they'll both likely start last. Other "new parts" available to test as well. It's happening!!!!

(it's not happening)

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://arstechnica.co.uk/cars/2017/06/red-bull-racing-f1-tech/

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

wicka posted:

Honda has bought a new MGU-H for both drivers this weekend, hence they'll both likely start last. Other "new parts" available to test as well. It's happening!!!!

(it's not happening)

Every year they say they're making improvements they get worse so I imagine they aren't gonna even start the race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

dentist toy box posted:

Every year they say they're making improvements they get worse so I imagine they aren't gonna even start the race.

Weekly reminder that they made consistent and major improvements in 2016.

• Locked thread