Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Irl golf is an elitist sport that’s bad for the environment. Video game golf is rad as gently caress and fun for everyone, Mario Golf rules

video game frolf is even better, since it doesn't remind people of a real sport, less chance of people suddenly going "hey this GOLF thing is awesome, let's go and rip open the environment with steel bats"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I would buy dlc for golf story that adds a side story for the disc golfers

WHERE THE gently caress IS SPORTS STORY DO HAVE HAVE TO COME TO AUSTRALIA TO GET IT BECAUSe I WILL

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
My local park is also a frolf course and it kinda sucks having all these dudes in backpacks walking around getting my dog excited with airborne frisbees

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I broke my N64 controller in pure rage because of Mario Golf as a kid lol

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
I have good memories of playing Mario golf 64 w my mom as a kid

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Deakul posted:

......gently caress golf!

Yeah I only like really out there golf concepts. Regular, even if arcade, golf games tend to bore me.

Kirby Golf and Frolf are where it's at.

Otherwise I'm all in on Tennis games.

Libluini posted:

video game frolf is even better, since it doesn't remind people of a real sport, less chance of people suddenly going "hey this GOLF thing is awesome, let's go and rip open the environment with steel bats"

I mean this involves hitting frogs with hammers, I'm not sure how eco-friendly Frolf is even if it is virtual.

hatty posted:

My local park is also a frolf course and it kinda sucks having all these dudes in backpacks walking around getting my dog excited with airborne frisbees

Wait

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

An Actual Princess posted:

y'all i've been playing more of the new kirby and it's SO good. people sleeping on it do so at their own peril

My partner makes sure I'm looking at the screen whenever he finds a new Mouthful Mode. :allears: I was giggling at No Ring Mouth last night.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
I see Windbound is on sale for a bit under AUD9. From the reviews on release it wasn't terribly well received (mainly a fairly tedious/uninteresting gameplay loop), but I can see there have been a few free updates since then.

Can anyone comment on whether or not they've improved things much?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

man nurse posted:

My SNES controllers had bite marks in them, and loose cables from me spinning it around in rage. Don't remember what it was though that got me in such a state though, must've been quite a doozy!

Nowadays I just swear, how boooring

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Morpheus posted:

My SNES controllers had bite marks in them

Oh good I'm not the only one. I even remember exactly how it happened. Earthworm Jim 2.

I had rented the game so I didn't have an instruction manual, and I got to the stage where you're a salamander swimming around. Except I didn't know how to swim around, because I was a dumb kid and was just frustrated because I'd pressed every button on the controller and salamander Jim just wouldn't do anything. I wasn't sure if the game was broken, or what, and in a rage I bit down on the controller. Which caused the jump button to get held down, and Jim started swimming around.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Well I bought triangle strategy for myself and I’m banking on getting Kirby as a gift. The former felt like the better digital purchase. With all my years worth of gold coins I got it for 45€.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I have never bit, or even thrown a controller. Its just a game why get mad

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

controllers are expensive

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I bought skyward sword having never played it. I tell you hwat, makes me really wish botw was 60fps. Smooth as butter.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

My parents would have kicked my rear end if they saw me eating controllers :stonk:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
well I made it through Chrono Cross and uh that third act certainly goes places

I'm not even sure how I feel about it but I definitely respect that this was a story someone really wanted to tell

what I am sure about is that I want to play Chrono Trigger again hurry up and release it somewhere so i can do that nintendo

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
One time my friend and his little bother were over, and the little brother got so pissed off about something while playing DKC3 that he threw my controller on the floor. He wasn't even mad at the game. He just took his tantrum out on my controller. It was some off-brand kind that had the Super Famicom colored buttons and stuff. My mom watched him do it, and wouldn't even get me a replacement. I was so pissed.

Anyway, that's my story about how you should never let anyone else use your controllers.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

man nurse posted:

And they say it's not a realistic simulation of the sport.

Just finished (well, got the credits of) Kirby and the Forgotten Land. I do love that it does not disappoint for freaky poo poo and deep lore right at the end.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i broke a couple of n64 controllers but that had to do with how flimsy the sticks were and not because i was throwing it onto the ground in fits of rage lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

third party n64 controllers were especially bad

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My n64 controllers survived so much

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

imagine getting so mad at games you break things. unreal.

i had a friend who got so mad at league he headbutted and broke his monitor on two (2) separate occasions. What the hell.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I can't speak for anyone else but when you're raised by physically abusive parents a pretty common reaction to getting mad is to beat the poo poo out of the first thing that you can find a reason to blame for being mad. If you're an adult you should probably be actively trying to figure out how to break that behavioural pattern tho

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

An Actual Princess posted:

imagine getting so mad at games you break things. unreal.

i had a friend who got so mad at league he headbutted and broke his monitor on two (2) separate occasions. What the hell.

MOBAs fucks your brain up

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
After a near lifetime of gaming and watching people claim that videogames turns you into a weird fuckup, its heartbreaking that I am forced to agree.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
In my defense I was like six.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

controllers are expensive

Yeah, I honestly can't imagine damaging a controller. If I broke a controller my poor rear end wasn't getting a new one.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
I once got really mad and started twisting my (PS2) controller in my hands, realized I was actually getting close to sort of splitting it in half along the seam, gently set it down, and went back out into the backyard to hit trees with sticks.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
My sister once used the mega drive controller cord to tie my wrists together and then pushed me down a flight of stairs and it still wasn't the worst thing about having a mega drive instead of a snes

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Getting eerily close to "GBS poster casually admits to torturing animals as a kid" posts in here. Pull up pull up.

Kirby. Nintendo. Mario Golf 64. Luigi.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
is mario odyssey good or very good

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

beer gas canister posted:

it's incredible OP

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

beer gas canister posted:

It's the third best Switch game ever made.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

is golf 64 a different beast than the switch one?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I never played Mario Golf 64 but I did play the ones for GBA and 3DS, so I will be an idiot and finally get the Expansion Pack.

At least I will get Mario Kart courses too, which was previously the only thing I wanted.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I can't speak for anyone else but when you're raised by physically abusive parents a pretty common reaction to getting mad is to beat the poo poo out of the first thing that you can find a reason to blame for being mad. If you're an adult you should probably be actively trying to figure out how to break that behavioural pattern tho

I feel attacked

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Edit: ^^^^ I edited out a joke that was even too goony for me but is that really the phrasing you want to go for here?

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

My sister once used the mega drive controller cord to tie my wrists together and then pushed me down a flight of stairs and it still wasn't the worst thing about having a mega drive instead of a snes

I'm a huge genesis fan but this made me :lol:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Look at this. Thank you, and you're welcome.

https://twitter.com/Kekeflipnote/status/1512823306428289025

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Pull up pull up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)