Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

coconono posted:

If I can’t throw people in the pool what’s the point?

wait you can't?

I guess that makes sense, the game would probably explode if it had to render water splashes as well as ring ropes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Julio Cruz posted:

wait you can't?

I guess that makes sense, the game would probably explode if it had to render water splashes as well as ring ropes

I love how you're implying that the game doesn't explode normally.

Just wait till nL play it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Instead of taking a year off to make a better WWE 2K game, they should just hire somebody good to make a Southpaw Regional Wrestling game. Once they get the kinks worked out, all you gotta do is swap out those Southpaw costumes for their actual ring gear and fire 2K Sports

Brokenogre posted:

worst case scenario on your next day off run to your closest redbox and spend 3 bucks to play the game for 24 hours

Or visit your local library,

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 19, 2019

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

Astro7x posted:

Instead of taking a year off to make a better WWE 2K game, they should just hire somebody good to make a Southpaw Regional Wrestling game. Once they get the kinks worked out, all you gotta do is swap out those Southpaw costumes for their actual ring gear and fire 2K Sports

Or visit your local library,

oh man your library has video games? Mine has 7 year old DVDs and VHS tapes and I think some old music CDs

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Brokenogre posted:

oh man your library has video games? Mine has 7 year old DVDs and VHS tapes and I think some old music CDs

We get everything except for new release 4K Blurays. And they're working on that currently.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the library here had some pc games in the late 90s and i guess someone figured out you can't do that. i don't know what they have now. judas

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Cavauro posted:

the library here had some pc games in the late 90s and i guess someone figured out you can't do that. i don't know what they have now. judas

Eh small town library here also havent been in like 2 years so maybe they expanded to video games. But like they had just gotten in the 4th harry potter movie on DVD when i last went

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

quote:

The way I look at it is this, we all have jobs and should know what happens when a system or a full team leaves our company. If you work in a factory and half the plant shuts down or you work in an office and your main system you use is removed, what happens? You are still required to do your job regardless of quality, numbers is all that matters to management, and you may get fussed at, but you still get paid. You might get fussed at, but you learn how to work without said team or system. People really dehumanize 2K and think that "the only way they will learn is if we don't buy the game" but realistically Kyle and Chad do you work better and better if you don't get paid? If people don't buy the game then the company suffers a loss which hurts the creators income. Therefore if no one buys the game then what's the point of putting out a good product when the fanbase gives up as soon as a rough year happens and acts like they don't have jobs where similar things happen. I still went and seen Justice League even though it was poo poo and I'll still pick up my collector's edition Monday night because after Justice League came Joker.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

What the gently caress is this lame rear end poo poo?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

CascadeBeta posted:

job creators job creators JOB CREATORS

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

some people shouldn’t be allowed to spend their own money

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That reads like the Tesla fanboy that would engage the automatic parallel parking system while at highway speeds just to see what would happen.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I just want you to know that this game was crafted with love and care

https://clips.twitch.tv/SolidQuaintAmazonTwitchRaid

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

this will get you fired from the bible factory if you click this

https://twitter.com/MasonSteelWWE/status/1186116114541006848

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

It’s unfair to “not buy things” just because they’re bad.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1186335108615286787

$60

sixty dollars

$60

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
For $60 instead you could get two DLCs for Fire Pro

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

CascadeBeta posted:

You may be surprised to hear it was posted on reddit.com

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

2k smartly breaking the game before the NL boiz can

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I gotta admit the orgasm animation was quite good

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Its perfect :allears:

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

https://deadlockpw.com/audio/deadlock-podcast-wwe-2k20-vegas-trip-wrestling-video-games-njpw-of-america-announcement/

Podcast with Marcus Stephenson, who used to work on these games, and a couple of the youtube guys. Good stuff starts about 2/3 in

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Got the steam version...holy gently caress this is bad

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Brokenogre posted:

So far ignoring clipping and poo poo like that Game crashes when hitting a spear on orton in the roman reigns tower every time, it appears as if doing submissions at a wrestlers head or feet while they are on the ground triggers the dragging animation

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
In 2003 WWE released a game where you can ride a helicopter around Times square and take a dive off a building so tall the game engine bugs out and you just go into the standard falling animation halfway down

there has not been an improvement to the genre since

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Brokenogre posted:

You know Steam will give you a refund for any reason, right? Including "This game sucks and I don't want it anymore." If you feel utterly compelled to buy this year's new garbage fire for whatever reason, just pick it up in a few months when it's on sale for $30.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I just remembered you could hop on a motorcycle at ride it around while giving someone a choke slam and the game still runs on that engine so why the gently caress cant we do that anymore

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Nipponophile posted:

You know Steam will give you a refund for any reason, right? Including "This game sucks and I don't want it anymore." If you feel utterly compelled to buy this year's new garbage fire for whatever reason, just pick it up in a few months when it's on sale for $30.

If you have played less than 2 hours they will give you a refund,

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Nipponophile posted:

Brokenogre is hellbent on giving 2k money.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WatermelonGun posted:

Well, like that post above said, people worked on it so you are obligated to give them money and if you don't, what reason will they have to improve?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can't stay awake for it but nL's day one stream starts in 25 minutes and the countdown's live https://www.twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

WatermelonGun posted:

And I can't comprehend why

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Oct 22, 2019

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

Timer hit 0, they were informed "You may not use this content yet"

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
nL really living up to its message of breaking games.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Nothing but XPac

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Netcode seems solid

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

MAKE SOME NOIIIIIIIIIISE

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
So, remember the Switch version of 2k18

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
So many loving years and they haven't fixed online desync.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
And you can't have entrances online?

Like I know a lot of people skip entrances to save time but that's dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The framerate is somehow worse with only four