Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
This bot poo poo is getting ridiculous.

Here are the two Iowa's on my team last game.

http://warships.today/player/1019764365/na/Ebisuu

http://warships.today/player/1019762840/na/Uchiha_Obitooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
They're very well documented and clearly bots, but WG apparently is too busy with all the promotions they're running on NA to do anything about it.

OH WAIT

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
If the bots don't matter then just let us use all the serious cheat mods so we can at least make it more enjoyable.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Still better than Warbeasty

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
One of my better Zuiho games. I also learned that unlike ramming or shooting an ally ship, there is no penalty for shooting down allied planes with strafe runs! It even gives you "shot down plane" credit!

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

xthetenth posted:

When the status quo is a single mechanic wildly at odds with the entire rest of the design...

Desiderata posted:

Except for the randomness inherent in the, shooting mechanic. But I accept that shooting at people is a minor mechanic...

xthetenth posted:

single mechanic

Desiderata posted:

minor mechanic

:shepface:

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Fortunate timing on my double silver game for the PAX event:

New Orleans is still bad, but that captain is pretty close to getting concealment expert, which should help me avoid self medicating while trying to get through this ship.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Let me just drop these here...

:downsgun:

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I raise you this for a soul crushing defeat:

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Burt posted:

Let me just drop these here...

:downsgun:

Why do you play with the gold camo on your premium atlanta that has a pretty good and free premium camo ?

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Krogort posted:

Why do you play with the gold camo on your premium atlanta that has a pretty good and free premium camo ?

:homebrew: :homebrew:

I turn it off after I get my double

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015
am I paying 50g per use of the premium camo? or is there a way of getting premium camo permanently (I have a gremy so I know about the default ones you get on premium ships).

I wasted way too much money in world of tanks putting premium camo on all those random premium tanks I got during sales :homebrew:

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe
Some ships have premium permanent camo. I think Cleveland has it so is Iowa.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

and the Murmansk :)

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Pacra posted:

and the Murmansk :)

He means non-premium ships that can buy a permanent premium camo for x thousand gold. IIRC the Mogmai and Izumo (lol) can as well.

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

Iowa, New Orleans and Lexington have premium camo for US ships. Tashkent also has it for the soviet tree.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The 5.5 patch with its fix for load times can't come soon enough, I'm really tired of loading into battles a minute after they start

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

NTRabbit posted:

The 5.5 patch with its fix for load times can't come soon enough, I'm really tired of loading into battles a minute after they start

SSD baybii

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Hazdoc posted:

SSD baybii

Got one, that just stopped me loading into battles 3 minutes after they started. Game is unoptimised as gently caress.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

NTRabbit posted:

Got one, that just stopped me loading into battles 3 minutes after they started. Game is unoptimised as gently caress.

Some antivirus programs interact with WoWS to make things super-hosed.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

wdarkk posted:

Some antivirus programs interact with WoWS to make things super-hosed.

Yeah I tried all of those tips earlier in the thread, they didn't have any effect.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
When I get up to getting a Ryujo, what do people recommend for loadout? Should I go for the air superiority loadout, or the strike loadout?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Khisanth Magus posted:

When I get up to getting a Ryujo, what do people recommend for loadout? Should I go for the air superiority loadout, or the strike loadout?

Strike, the current Independence air superiority loadout wipes the floor with the Ryujo one, you want to be sending out as many strike craft to do as much damage as possible.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
The smoke boundaries mod fucks load times something fierce, too. Just in case you happen to have that.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

NTRabbit posted:

Yeah I tried all of those tips earlier in the thread, they didn't have any effect.

That sucks because the windows defender thing changed my game from ~45 second loads to 5 seconds!

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
I can't imagine faster load times, as it is I load into the map what must be a decent minute before a good chunk of my team ever does

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Other posted:

I can't imagine faster load times, as it is I load into the map what must be a decent minute before a good chunk of my team ever does

This.

The only time I get poo poo load times is when I play on crappy hotel Internet, the game plays fine but it's normally the last second of the countdown before I get in game.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The game plays perfectly fine, like 60fps or some such on the top details, and I get a much better ping to the NA botes server than I do either NA tonks server, it just takes forever to get into each battle, and the only way to shorten it has been to tab out as soon as I join the queue, and wait for the battle start audio queue before tabbing back in.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
I had to reinstall the client a few months ago and never installed SweetFX.. I just did on Friday and forgot how much nicer it looks.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
It could be worse. You could crash to desktop 5 minutes into the match every. single. game. like I did all yesterday.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Sometimes you get lucky. Last week I loaded into a T10 game with my Yamato, DC'd and by the time I got things up again we had won the game and I had taken no dmg (or at least hadn't sunk). I was sure I'd be looking at a 300k creds loss.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
The people who load into the game a minute after it has started really annoy me, because that means I either have to just sit there in the deployment area waiting for them, or have to go out with half our fleet not playing. Then there is the occasion where we get a map where the opposing deployment zone is in battleship range, and with a spotter can see them, so people who load in late are being shelled before they even start playing.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
I used to hate the Furutaka for being a piece of crap with slow-turning slow-reloading guns. Then I happened to watch How To Furutaka, it looked fun, and I remembered my higher tier Japanese CAs also have slow turning guns.
So I bought another Furutaka, realised it's an Aoba on easy mode, and made it into my new favourite cruiser :getin:

Here's some typical battle results in my new and shiny Furry Taco (420 5 citadel vaporise broadsiding scrub cruisers erryday) :black101:

Citadel Taco, best premium bote for printing money

Furious Taco, best T5 BB

Furry Taco, best T7 CA

What I'm saying is more goons should division up in the Taco and vaporise scrubs for mad bux and chat rage.

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 25, 2016

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I think the Konigsberg can achieve very similar results tbh. Sometimes you can lay 2 volleys onto a broadside scrub before they even know where it's coming from.

But yes, I rate both higher than Omaha and Kirov for sure.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

I'm on the verge of unlocking the New Orleans. What should I know about it?

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Sperglord Actual posted:

I'm on the verge of unlocking the New Orleans. What should I know about it?

I'm only 17 games into the New Orleans with a long way to go. I think so far the only really good thing about it is the concealment range and rudder speed. You can sneak into BB unfriendly places like "Hell's Bucket" (Objective C on Land of Fire) and help your Destroyers take control by ambushing the enemy cappers once you are close enough to do serious damage with USN AP. Radar can help for this too. The ship probably has a stronger reputation for AA than it deserves (less range than a Cleveland because you dont have 5"/38 guns) so most CV skippers will look for what they think are easier targets. I just learned today that the Baltimore and Des Moines actually have lower velocity shells. I'm just hoping it wont be a dealbreaker for me.

Buttes McDuff
Dec 4, 2004

Scottish Buttesman

Lakedaimon posted:

I'm only 17 games into the New Orleans with a long way to go. I think so far the only really good thing about it is the concealment range and rudder speed. You can sneak into BB unfriendly places like "Hell's Bucket" (Objective C on Land of Fire) and help your Destroyers take control by ambushing the enemy cappers once you are close enough to do serious damage with USN AP. Radar can help for this too. The ship probably has a stronger reputation for AA than it deserves (less range than a Cleveland because you dont have 5"/38 guns) so most CV skippers will look for what they think are easier targets. I just learned today that the Baltimore and Des Moines actually have lower velocity shells. I'm just hoping it wont be a dealbreaker for me.

The Balti is a massive disappointment coming off of the NO. It's like going back to the Cleveland shell arcs in a tier where players are good enough to dodge them until you close the distance. But to close the distance you have to manage tier 9 /10 DD/BB meta that punishes you harshly for closing in.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Buttes McDuff posted:

The Balti is a massive disappointment coming off of the NO. It's like going back to the Cleveland shell arcs in a tier where players are good enough to dodge them until you close the distance. But to close the distance you have to manage tier 9 /10 DD/BB meta that punishes you harshly for closing in.

Honestly, I'd like for US shell arcs to be reduced somewhat too. I'm incredibly tired of, in high tier games, seeing one parked almost directly behind an island and somehow still lobbing shells over it at me when I'm 10-12 km away, completely untouchable due to my own arcs just plowing into the island. The ballistics involved in somehow managing to do that are absolutely ludicrous, because they're generally effectively hugging the island. If I'm in a battleship I'm not exactly dodging at that range, so it's just a constant stream of damage and fires until I manage to slowly turn around and lumber out of range, because actually trying to advance in such a way to actually allow firing on them is usually suicidal, since it involves charging into likely destroyer infested waters.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Lord Koth posted:

Honestly, I'd like for US shell arcs to be reduced somewhat too. I'm incredibly tired of, in high tier games, seeing one parked almost directly behind an island and somehow still lobbing shells over it at me when I'm 10-12 km away, completely untouchable due to my own arcs just plowing into the island. The ballistics involved in somehow managing to do that are absolutely ludicrous, because they're generally effectively hugging the island. If I'm in a battleship I'm not exactly dodging at that range, so it's just a constant stream of damage and fires until I manage to slowly turn around and lumber out of range, because actually trying to advance in such a way to actually allow firing on them is usually suicidal, since it involves charging into likely destroyer infested waters.

Shells should flat out be coming down at a noticeably steeper angle than they go up. It's ballistics with drag 101.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

According to Q&A posted on the Euro forums, the North Carolina, Iowa, and Montana will get some kind of accuracy buff in the future.