Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lmao you keep all sidearm ammo?

Bungie is retarded and whoever convinced MS to let them keep their halo shootman feel code is the real and only MVP

This I don't get, it would have been fine if you just respawned with 18 rounds (or whatever) every time. They'd still be far more useful than before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

OdinsBeard posted:

This I don't get, it would have been fine if you just respawned with 18 rounds (or whatever) every time. They'd still be far more useful than before.

I'm willing to bet they couldn't figure out the ammo code for sidearms and instead of breaking their free ammo perk entirely, they just let them keep full inventory.

Remember how long it took to fix the heavy ammo glitch? Not sure I want them rooting around in that stuff.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Yeah I mean we're talking at least like 5 bushes worth of time here

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Sidearms are super lame anyway.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Lol

https://www.twitter.com/2Calico/status/831513804999647236

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

lmaoooooooooo

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Welp, the new meta is "be a striker".

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

yamdankee posted:

That's always been the mega

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

yamdankee posted:

Good. Warlocks and hunter had their time.

Striker master race bitch.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

BlindSite posted:

Now that no one is using a shotgun they're hilarious.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Why are bungie so bad at this...

Hows the Last Word feeling?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

BlindSite posted:

Sidearming a dude in midair is fun as gently caress

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I cant wait to play tbh. No more crutch shotguns and people using sidearms sounds funny. Im all about being aggressive and getting close.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Im all about being aggressive and getting close.

Sounds like my love life.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Got a plan c from legend engram. Replacing my other fusion with it because hell yeah. loving bayonet on it makes it metal as gently caress.:black101:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

PathAsc posted:

Got a plan c from legend engram. Replacing my other fusion with it because hell yeah. loving bayonet on it makes it metal as gently caress.:black101:

Plan C is always a good plan. :cheers:

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

BlindSite posted:

I cant wait to play tbh. No more crutch shotguns and people using sidearms sounds funny. Im all about being aggressive and getting close.

Sounds like my idea of romance.

And there are no safe words in the Crucible.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Insane Totoro posted:

Sounds like my idea of romance.

And there are no safe words in the Crucible.

If you're down for our interaction finishing with a solid teabagging we could be somethin.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

So the stormcaller melee doesn't have anything to distinguish it from an uncharged melee attack now (excepting perks)?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I don't think I can win a game of doubles

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

OdinsBeard posted:

So the stormcaller melee doesn't have anything to distinguish it from an uncharged melee attack now (excepting perks)?

Amplitude is still the longest melee by a bit

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

cvnvcnv posted:

Plan C is always a good plan. :cheers:

This thing is loving great. I didn't expect such an upgrade from 77.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

PathAsc posted:

This thing is loving great. I didn't expect such an upgrade from 77.

Plan C is the freaking best dude, glad you're on board.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Plan C is the freaking best dude, glad you're on board.

plan c is going to be even more valuable if the sidearm meta comes to fruition, thing loving eats sidearm dudes for breakfast

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

deadwing posted:

plan c is going to be even more valuable if the sidearm meta comes to fruition, thing loving eats sidearm dudes for breakfast

It eats pieces of poo poo for breakfast?!?!?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Shoulder charge does 219 lol

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Shoulder charge does 219 lol

Max armor was about 210hp

Wonder what it is now?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'll switch to shoulder charge if it makes no difference now to how many bullets I can survive.

I can never remember what the +armor chest gives. I just remember salt from people who couldnt shoulder charge me.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

BlindSite posted:

I'll switch to shoulder charge if it makes no difference now to how many bullets I can survive.

I can never remember what the +armor chest gives. I just remember salt from people who couldnt shoulder charge me.

I switched to it for a couple games. I think people don't expect it much got a few backpeddlers

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

You guys turned me on to the church of fusion, I will forever honor it by killing pubs.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

We can easily test it. Might be on today for some rumble test sessions.

Best patch ever though. They nerfed all the poo poo i loving hate and let my play style alone.

The only nerf my setup got was a little less hp for my max armor titan.

Thank you bungie.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Amplitude is still the longest melee by a bit

Sorry, my question was poorly formed. If you didn't have any of the melee perks unlocked, what distinguishes a stormcaller's charged melee from an uncharged melee? It now seems to be the only subclass where the melee has no additional benefit before you unlock the modifier perks.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

Apparently rangefinder on shotguns now decreases the ADS time:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/5u4wfq/a_frame_analysis_of_the_quickdraw_nerf/

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Wait I read the patch notes.

Pretty sure this was intentional?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Insane Totoro posted:

Hahahaha it was supposed to increase the ADS time, slow it down. They sped it up.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Insane Totoro posted:

It's performing opposite of the way they said it would...ADS with rangefinder only takes 8 frames versus 10 without.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

OdinsBeard posted:

Sorry, my question was poorly formed. If you didn't have any of the melee perks unlocked, what distinguishes a stormcaller's charged melee from an uncharged melee? It now seems to be the only subclass where the melee has no additional benefit before you unlock the modifier perks.

Like every class it extends the melee a little bit.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

BlindSite posted:

Like every class it extends the melee a little bit.

Thanks. I don't main stormcaller but the range nerf seems mean since melee range was all its neutral game had going for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Congrats Bungie, you created a game where people either refuse to engage in fights or use icebreaker. :bravo:

Hopefully someone finds a fun meta because this poo poo is a slog, points come in slower and people will straight up run away from fights if they take any damage.

That said, fusions are still loving dirty.

http://i.imgur.com/CV8ntY0.gifv

• Locked thread