Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Lurdiak posted:

I'm the ugly photoshop filters over the original art.

Jesus those faces, they look like Easter Island heads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Black Bolt 4 really hits the sweet spot between funny and touching.

How is Black Bolt talking here?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
They're in a special prison the nullifies their powers.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man
Ah, makes sense.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Savidudeosoo posted:

How is Black Bolt talking here?

He isn't, it's just a comic book.

n'est pas un éclair noir

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Judge Dredd, one of the earlier 2000 AD issues ~1984

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's #372

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

David D. Davidson posted:

They're in a special prison the nullifies their powers.

Man, at that point, BB must be desperate to let things out to anyone. No wonder he's having a heart-to-heart with 'Sorby

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Piell posted:

Jesus those faces, they look like Easter Island heads
Ugly faces or no, that's a good narrative payoff.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Foxhound posted:

Judge Dredd, one of the earlier 2000 AD issues ~1984

I didn't know JudgeEarth had off-world colonies. In what way are they even worse?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

They're mostly mining colonies and they pay for being less crowded by being highly policed to prevent independence from the sponsor megacity, and also none of the planets have been terraformed so on one end you have the Moon which is basically just MegaCity One but instead of a wall protecting it from Cursed Earth there's a dome protecting it from No Air; while on the other you have Titan that serves as a forced-labour penal colony where they cut off your nose to put a breathing tube into it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Black Bolt 4 really hits the sweet spot between funny and touching.

My favorite thing in comics is seeing street level heroes and villains interacting with the more global/cosmic level crowd.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Choco1980 posted:

Man, at that point, BB must be desperate to let things out to anyone. No wonder he's having a heart-to-heart with 'Sorby

I think it was in Marvel Zombies, being infected also nullified BB's powers and he's just walking and talking with Kingpin, droning on and on. And eventually Kingpin stops him and says, "Hey, I'm glad that you're super hyped about being able to talk after going your whole life without, really, I am. But for real? Shut the hell up already."

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

CzarChasm posted:

I think it was in Marvel Zombies, being infected also nullified BB's powers and he's just walking and talking with Kingpin, droning on and on. And eventually Kingpin stops him and says, "Hey, I'm glad that you're super hyped about being able to talk after going your whole life without, really, I am. But for real? Shut the hell up already."

Why doesn't Black Bolt have a phone? Can he not text? Can he not type? Why does he never do that?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Why doesn't Black Bolt have a phone? Can he not text? Can he not type? Why does he never do that?

He types all in caps, it gets super annoying.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

There is no phone majestic enough to dignify the King of Inhumans.

Plus he totally abuses the :3: emoticon and it's super-awkward.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sprint keeps hanging up on him when they get to the name section.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Or, you know, he could learn to sign.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Selachian posted:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Selachian posted:

That's what the TV show is doing.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Unrelated to this but holy poo poo 90% of Marvel's redesigned costumes from the last five years or so are completely loving awful. Johnny Storm there, the time-lost teenage X-Men, Hydra Cap with that loving laser shield. They're all so so bad.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

That's what the TV show is doing.

I was wondering how they could make that series less appealing than the awful trailers already have. Guess they found a way.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Just give him one of those Stephen Hawking machines.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Selachian posted:

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011

ecavalli posted:

I was wondering how they could make that series less appealing than the awful trailers already have. Guess they found a way.

...Okay, what other actual options are there? The other criticisms, yeah, I get those, but....What's wrong with signing? Seriously?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Well he could just walk around with a chalkboard around his neck, I bet that would be great.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thematically Black Bolt never being able to speak makes perfect sense and provides a valuable character visual and beat.

Logically there are like several dozen options for the guy in the modern world NOT counting super science bullshit which the Inhumans have access to.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ashcans posted:

Well he could just walk around with a chalkboard around his neck, I bet that would be great.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hello. My name is Blackagar. No Hugs.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Takezio posted:

...Okay, what other actual options are there? The other criticisms, yeah, I get those, but....What's wrong with signing? Seriously?

Because Black Bolt is king and its not his problem if you can't understand him.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also no one knows ASL (Attilan Sign Language)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It gives him a really good reason to just stare at people until they collapse in a fit of nervous panic and admit what they did.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Until recently he had Medusa who would speak for him.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Namor knows what's up.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Who invited Hawkeye to the super secret meeting of insanely powerful people?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Push El Burrito posted:

They thought he was going to be Black Bolt's translator

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Takezio posted:

Watching an actor who's had like three weeks of ASL training try to communicate in sign can be a painful experience.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Push El Burrito posted:

Someone needs to take meeting minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's not doing ASL, it's going to be made up Attilan signs.