Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

verbal enema posted:

We can't wait for RADAR!

Radar Secret Service is another one I love rewatching.

"Radar can't look into their hearts, sir."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The Girl in Lover's Lane has a real gently caress you audience ending too. Just a real kick in the nuts.

Great train song host segment though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_FJXBxWbI8

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

It is unironically one of the most depressing movies I've ever seen in my life.

Made worse by what happened to the star in real life.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mel Torme AND Dick Contino?! :swoon:

Servo does scat singing until Mike and Crow are sick of it is one of my favorite skits.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I do love the callback to High School Big Shot in I Was a Teenage Werewolf, though.
"Hey, it's Depressing Dad!"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Watching Teenage Caveman, and it has one of the best host segments, namely the knife fight between Dr. Forrester and TV's Frank over who gets to do the Deep 13 side of the invention exchange that week. :black101:

"SEND THEM THE MOVIE, FRANK!"
"No way! I'm lookin' at a dead man! A DEAD MAN!"

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Hogama posted:

I do love the callback to High School Big Shot in I Was a Teenage Werewolf, though.
"Hey, it's Depressing Dad!"

Michael Landon?! What else could go wrong...

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

When my older sister was a kid she wanted Michael Landon to be her dad lmao

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Frank was once on "Make Me Laugh," and his effort was a sublime moment where he's loudly and obnoxiously singing the name "MICHAEL LANDON" over and over.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

hes a milk tosser

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Samurai Manos?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Keromaru5 posted:

Frank was once on "Make Me Laugh," and his effort was a sublime moment where he's loudly and obnoxiously singing the name "MICHAEL LANDON" over and over.

I still remember that! Frank's appearances were the only reason to watch that godforsaken show.

The song was called "Michael Landon's Legacy of Love" and features lines like "[something something] it can be said / he made a movieeee, about a kid who wets his bed"

All the comedians on the show stepped up on a rotating basis and had something like 30 or 60 seconds to make the contestant laugh. Frank chose to continue the song each time it was his turn. On his last turn, the song had hit its dramatic climax and he was milking it with extremely long pauses:

"MIIIIICHAEL LAAANDOOON, MIIIIICHAEL LAAAAANDOOOOOOOONNN'S....

LEGACY

of

... love?"

It was extreme dedication to the bit and extremely Frank. I wish the clip existed somewhere.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Anyone going to watch The Mary Jo Pehl Show?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

I certainly plan to.

If anyone hasn't seen her vuh-log as "Ruth Larson", I highly recommend it: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY4MLcVaTZFp8z3h-dLeRUg

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

I still remember that! Frank's appearances were the only reason to watch that godforsaken show.

The song was called "Michael Landon's Legacy of Love" and features lines like "[something something] it can be said / he made a movieeee, about a kid who wets his bed"

All the comedians on the show stepped up on a rotating basis and had something like 30 or 60 seconds to make the contestant laugh. Frank chose to continue the song each time it was his turn. On his last turn, the song had hit its dramatic climax and he was milking it with extremely long pauses:

"MIIIIICHAEL LAAANDOOON, MIIIIICHAEL LAAAAANDOOOOOOOONNN'S....

LEGACY

of

... love?"

It was extreme dedication to the bit and extremely Frank. I wish the clip existed somewhere.

Oh, good, I'm not the only one who's had that song in his head for the last 25 years.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

God now I wish someone had recorded that and it's just waiting to be uploaded to the internet archive or some place, it sounds like absolute genius

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Maybe if Paramount Plus goes real deep in the archive they might put it up there. Not a lot of content from the pre-South Park days is online besides MST3K and the occasional stand-up.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Zeether posted:

God now I wish someone had recorded that and it's just waiting to be uploaded to the internet archive or some place, it sounds like absolute genius

It was. The show was wall-to-wall painfully bad, hacky standup and Frank wisely decided to go in a completely different direction.

I'm pretty sure I saw him perform it once outside of that context but drat if I can remember where. Cinematic Titanic live-show warmup? Late-night appearance? No idea anymore. All that remains lodged in my memory is that beautiful, heartfelt tribute. But with multiple potential sources it just makes it all the more frustrating that there isn't a clip anywhere that I could find.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I just heard national treasure Paul F Tompkins talking about his lovely experiences on that show

they were lovely (his experiences)

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Empty Sandwich posted:

I just heard national treasure Paul F Tompkins talking about his lovely experiences on that show

Urge to know more intensifies

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Empty Sandwich posted:

Was this on the newest Never Not Funny? I know he's always on there

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kozJRYN9rO4

The MST3K MINDLESS SUMMER FILM SERIES continues with a LIVE group viewing of CATALINA CAPER!

Join Alternaversal's Matt McGinnis, along with MST3K's Felicia Day, Rebecca Hanson, and Conor McGiffin, for a livestream screening of this Joel-era favorite, as college kids on a beach getaway wind up involved in an international art heist!

Join us on MST3K's Twitch and YouTube channels at 5:00 PT / 8:00pm ET.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

No matter how many times I see it, I'm always surprised when Little Richard shows up.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

His death seems unnoticed

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Another Bill posted:

No matter how many times I see it, I'm always surprised when Little Richard shows up.

Is that person the most famous person to ever appear in a MST3K movie? Maybe Bela Lugosi? Clint Eastwood? Alan Hale Jr.?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I see a certain young, promising singer who's hopped up on goofballs right now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Splint Chesthair posted:

Is that person the most famous person to ever appear in a MST3K movie? Maybe Bela Lugosi? Clint Eastwood? Alan Hale Jr.?

Gregory Peck and Gene Hackman were in a movie, "Space Travelers/Marooned."

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Surely Christopher Plummer in Starcrash

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
The most famous one is surely Ronald McDonald in Mac and Me.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Demi Moore in Master Ninja was pretty crazy

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

SST Death Flight had Regis Philbin, Billy Crystal, and John de Lancie if we're counting KTMA era

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Data Graham posted:

Surely Christopher Plummer in Starcrash

Godzilla :colbert:

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Clint Eastwood in Revenge of the Creature maybe?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
2 Raul Julias in Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, don't @ me.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Keromaru5 posted:

The most famous one is surely Ronald McDonald in Mac and Me.

I have to agree, good call.

Edit: VVV ooh, another strong contender

Splint Chesthair fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Aug 28, 2021

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Splint Chesthair posted:

Adam West?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Bryan Cranstons deadbeat dad is a soldier who gets killed in The Beginning of the End

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Morter posted:

2 Raul Julias in Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, don't @ me.

Rauls Julia.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Kim Catrall, Kathy Ireland?

Lots of people were probably very famous in their time, like Mamie Van Doren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Johnny Walker posted:

Kim Catrall, Kathy Ireland?

Lots of people were probably very famous in their time, like Mamie Van Doren.

Mel Torme and Paul Anka in the same movie!