Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ultimate Mango posted:

This.

Do we know yet if it's basically three separate games, or if the tracks from all three are mashed together? I'm hoping for the latter.

Someone mentioned the latter but no surety

I'm curious as well, also about how the online is going to work. This and Dirt 4 this month. Pumped. Forgot amazon doesn't do the sale on digital copies. Think wipeout is one you'd just want on the drive.

Dirt 4 is still $40 at amazon 🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Sakurazuka posted:

Some clubs actually had PS1's playing Wipeout set up in them yes. Sony styled itself as being part of the late 90's club culture in the UK.

Isn't that one scene in Hackers playing some carbon copy Wipeout clone in that hacker underground club?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATlszssL-eI&t=7s

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
If you want a controller with paddles just buy the Xbox one and get an adapter.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Feenix posted:

Isn't that one scene in Hackers playing some carbon copy Wipeout clone in that hacker underground club?

Pretty sure that was just alpha wipeout

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Soul Glo posted:

Pretty sure that was just alpha wipeout

Oh word. Good song in that clip, too.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so is it just me or are people insanely bad at paladins. the quick play thing claims it's placing me against other people but I really don't know if I believe that. it doesn't display the other team's names either, so it's hard to take the game at its word on this one

I will say that I love how fast the queue times are. overwatch almost never matches me into a game in under 2 minutes but paladins has me shooting people in under 10 seconds even though it's the middle of the night. game's pretty fun for what it is

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Not so fast, boy-o.

Real 90s gamer outlaw homies only party with Sam Rockwell

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jun 4, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The dual joystick interface in that Hackers clip has finally been realized only this year with the advent of the Switch, how prescient

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Someone mentioned the latter but no surety

I'm curious as well, also about how the online is going to work. This and Dirt 4 this month. Pumped. Forgot amazon doesn't do the sale on digital copies. Think wipeout is one you'd just want on the drive.

Dirt 4 is still $40 at amazon 🤔

What is the difference between numbered Dirt games and Rally?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

"Dirt" is the newest iteration. It's much bare bones realistic than the others. So it definitely depends which play style you prefer

Dirt 4 has generated a lot of buzz tho and is coming out soon. Dirt 3 was alright and came out like five years ago.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't really play racing games normally, but I got Dirt Rally on sale a couple of weeks ago and it's the most fun I've ever had with one by a long shot. I'm sort of obsessed with it. I'm a total newb to the series and Rally racing in general I just like that it actually feels like driving a car.

Definetly interested in Dirt 4 but TBH the VR support in Rally is a such a big part of the appeal I might wait and see if they add it to 4 before buying it.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Wandle Cax posted:

Did people really play wipeout in clubs or after the pub? I mean it's not exactly mario kart, it's hard enough to play without pinballing off the walls constantly even with practice and not drinking. can't see it as a casual fun game but i've always been bad at it
There's a pub near my office that has PS4s in booths, a couple of years ago they seemed to be very popular for Bloodborne. I can't imagine that being an optimal environment/situation to play that game but people still did it!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Passing a controller around in a booth at a bar and playing Bloodborne sounds amazing.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

veni veni veni posted:

Definetly interested in Dirt 4 but TBH the VR support in Rally is a such a big part of the appeal I might wait and see if they add it to 4 before buying it.

I asked one of the devs on Dirt 4 about that, BTW, and he was non-committal about the when/if, though enthusiastic about the response it has gotten on Rally thus far.

So... nothing to report, I guess.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Akuma posted:

There's a pub near my office that has PS4s in booths, a couple of years ago they seemed to be very popular for Bloodborne. I can't imagine that being an optimal environment/situation to play that game but people still did it!

That sounds like a great place to play that

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The dual joystick interface in that Hackers clip has finally been realized only this year with the advent of the Switch, how prescient

WUT

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Holy poo poo, I would want to play Titanfall 2 with that

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

There's a dude on Reddit who made that poo poo work with RIGS and I was seriously on the fence on buying one, but that game is so puke city they fired everyone, so...

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It had less buttons, but there was also the Virtual On twin-stick controller for the Saturn.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

You call that a twin-stick controller for giant robots? :clint:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I got this for my birthday from my mom, it was one of the only things she ever bought me!

I mean, she sold it like 2 weeks later for Meth, but she gave it to me once and that was rad.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

See that button in the top right? If your mech is blowing up and you don't hit that in time the game will delete your save.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Ineffiable posted:

See that button in the top right? If your mech is blowing up and you don't hit that in time the game will delete your save.

I love that. Some straight up Kojima poo poo.

I was really bummed when the Kinect game turned out to be poo poo, because I wanted to play that kinda game without a $200 controller.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

so is it just me or are people insanely bad at paladins. the quick play thing claims it's placing me against other people but I really don't know if I believe that. it doesn't display the other team's names either, so it's hard to take the game at its word on this one

I will say that I love how fast the queue times are. overwatch almost never matches me into a game in under 2 minutes but paladins has me shooting people in under 10 seconds even though it's the middle of the night. game's pretty fun for what it is

If you just started Paladins the game will match you with bots for a while till like level 5 or something. It took me a while to realize what was going on and tbh I thought my game was bugged out.

As far as I know the game itself doesn't mention this.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

The Gallows posted:

I'm mainly looking for those extra triggers on the back for playing Overwatch. I have it on PC and Playstation and most people I play with are still PS, but I'm sick of the joystick jump. I tried out a friend's Scuf and when I went to price one out on the website, with like 2 extra features it was like 170 shipped. Truly not looking to spend that on something with the life of maybe 9 months on the top end.

People that use Scufs do prefer the paddles compared to buttons on the back, but their reliability is total dogshit since they spend all their money on ESPORTS marketing.

I use a controller from Battle Beaver. It's a normal DS4 but with two programmable buttons on the rear, and Smart Triggers which turn L2/R2 into mouse buttons. Cost was $145 shipped. Alternatively, you can give up and buy a XIM. I guess they're technically legal since Sony has officially licensed a kb/m product yet the XIM remains way better at translation.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I recommend looking into the Collective Minds Mod Pack if you wanna try paddles on the cheap. I picked one up for Titanfall 2 and it's been pretty sweet. Unfortunately the button to reprogram the paddles is a little too easy to hit on accident but you'll get used to how to hold it after an hour or so.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Too bad the actual game wasn't that great.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

Too bad the actual game wasn't that great.

It's loving awesome. Maybe it's the picture of the controller with the green buttons that had a design flaw that is triggering you.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Turtlicious posted:

I got this for my birthday from my mom, it was one of the only things she ever bought me!

I mean, she sold it like 2 weeks later for Meth, but she gave it to me once and that was rad.

:same:

Just beat the 2nd boss of The Surge and I'm really enjoying it. It's not as good as any of the Dark Souls games, Bloodbourne or Nioh, but it's still enjoyable and scratching that itch. Cutting off body parts for gear schematics and weapons is really satisfying. The story is alright so far as well.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Skeezy posted:

If you just started Paladins the game will match you with bots for a while till like level 5 or something. It took me a while to realize what was going on and tbh I thought my game was bugged out.

As far as I know the game itself doesn't mention this.

that makes sense and yea I didn't see it mentioned anywhere. I couldn't believe it was matching me against real people considering how onesided everything was

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Excuse me I did not approve this title change

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think I'm the only person playing this on PS4 but I dig it lots. It's a lot more chill than overwatch but pub games are trash until you level up enough to queue for competitive. In regular there's no class enforcement and people are too ignorant of mechanics. Feel free to add me on ps4, EffEmmEll. The founders pack is only $20 and gets you all released and future characters.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Excuse me I did not approve this title change

Thread title should be

PlayStation 4: Crash Bandicoot Comes out June 30th. Buy It.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Is anyone having success finding games on Friday the 13th? I've been searching for nearly 30 minutes now and haven't found anything.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Mr President posted:

Thread title should be

PlayStation 4: Crash Bandicoot Comes out June 30th. Buy It.

Crash Bandicoot did 9/11.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Soul Glo posted:

I love that. Some straight up Kojima poo poo.

I was really bummed when the Kinect game turned out to be poo poo, because I wanted to play that kinda game without a $200 controller.

Imo it would be rad if they gave it another go and made it good for VR. That's what it wanted to be anyways. Kinect was a lame half measure.

Although I guess that is the polar opposite of playing without a $200 controller.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Verisimilidude posted:

Is anyone having success finding games on Friday the 13th? I've been searching for nearly 30 minutes now and haven't found anything.

Their database is fuckin up on account of the game having triple the expected launch sales. Best things to do are either goon party or join the Friday 13th game finder community if you're on PS4 and party hop there. Game has a much easier time putting groups into lobbies with others than singles.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is there a way to mass-delete people from your friends list? I added a bunch of goons at the PS4 launch and in all those years it has never come into play.

Well I guess it must have been relevant in some leaderboards or something. Maybe I'll just leave them in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I made a financially irresponsible decision yesterday and bought a PS4 Pro. I blew my 20% coupon that came with it on a stack of Capcom games that were already on sale and some Arcade Archives games. Spent $68 on $144 worth of games.

...and I have like no idea what's on this system besides Arcade Archives, fighting games, and cross platform stuff. What are the best grindy rear end RPGs I should buy?