Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The Stroker Ace posted:

I’ve never played a Pokémon or seen a giant pumpkin.

theyre pretty fun imo but theres a definite nostalgia factor for probably 90% of the people who play it now. maybe not though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

yea ok posted:

theyre pretty fun imo but theres a definite nostalgia factor for probably 90% of the people who play it now. maybe not though

Yeah I think that’s my problem is I had aged out of the original stuff when it came out and just never got into it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I never got into Pokemon, I played Persona 3 like a true connoisseur

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It's my birthday and I just got my rockband controller and dongle so I can play the game again on my PS4. Good day. Also my wife made me a huge cookie and homemade calzone.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I Before E posted:

I never got into Pokemon, I played Persona 3 like a true connoisseur

You've also never played an actual Mario game.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Shard posted:

It's my birthday and I just got my rockband controller and dongle so I can play the game again on my PS4. Good day. Also my wife made me a huge cookie and homemade calzone.

what’s in the zone

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Pokemon is cool and interesting. They are childrens games so it is very simple to beat the game without a whole heap of thought into strategy - if you level your guys enough and put just the most basic consideration into type advantages then you will be able to muscle your way through the game with little trouble. But if you want to navigate the deeply insane waters of competitive PvP and wish to crossbreed pokemon to have weird stats and learn weird moves and do doubles or triples battles with really complex buff/debuff strats, then the game mechanics are actually complex enough to support a very deep and rewarding experience for the type of psychopath who wishes to do so.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I wish I liked Pokémon but most of the games are not things that I like

anyway Joe Pera is talking to me

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Everybody needs to talk with Joe Pera

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

The Stroker Ace posted:

I’ve never played a Pokémon

jesus WEP posted:

i bought pokemon sword and have not played a single minute of it

same. im playing thru other games

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I’ve tried playing Pokémon games (usually emulated) but I always end up choice-paralyzed and burned out by trying to catch one of ‘Em All (tm) and give them each a funny name

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I wanna play Red Dead again

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So they're making an Open World Pokemon Game?

Welp, so much for the world ever functioning properly again :shrug:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Playing GTA V rn. Still good.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

NienNunb posted:

u dont

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

🤠

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Don't worry. I have a plan. All we need is a little more god drat money.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I’m gonna do a play through and not get TB

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Shard posted:

Don't worry. I have a plan. All we need is a little more god drat money.

- Vince McMahon

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Seams posted:

I’m gonna do a play through and not get TB

I did this on my last play through, did literally everything I could before TB then put it down.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

I did this on my last play through, did literally everything I could before TB then put it down.
:same:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I love...Pokemon.

Also, I just woke up this morning and thought 'Neal McBeal the Navy SEAL from Bojack Horseman is the biggest crybaby in the universe and I don't even really watch that show'

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I'm replaying GTA San Andreas, going for 100% again (and also doing an LP of the whole thing). This game is very good, except when it's not. Zero :argh:

Just a couple of San Fierro missions to go and the rest of the map will be unlocked.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I heard that a lot of the digital versions of the game got music patched out and the graphics downgraded somewhat for some reason? They better not have touched K-Rose! :argh:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I heard that a lot of the digital versions of the game got music patched out and the graphics downgraded somewhat for some reason? They better not have touched K-Rose! :argh:
The rereleases based on the mobile port suck in all kinds of exciting ways:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhVdb4K1M-M

They also hosed with the Steam version to remove various songs from the radio and break a few other things, but at least that can be fixed with mods. I'm playing the original PS2 disc release so I'm getting the full original San Andreas experience, which of course means some missions (*cough* Supply Lines) are more bullshit than usual.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Yeah remastered is all I have played unfortunately. I did beat the train mission in one try so I felt like a god, but the radio is hosed up and skips and repeats a ton.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The secret to the Zero plane missions is to just drive it around the streets like a car and never take off

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The worst about rereleasing dogshit mobile versions on non-mobile consoles is Square.

https://youtu.be/WSQUbJ1yXYY

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

NienNunb posted:

The worst about rereleasing dogshit mobile versions on non-mobile consoles is Square.

https://youtu.be/WSQUbJ1yXYY

i bought romancing saga 2 for the switch before i knew that square likes to mutilate their old games. i got so high right before i booted it up and was so confused and frightened.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The secret to the Zero plane missions is to just drive it around the streets like a car and never take off
In the original release, the plane uses fuel even when you're not touching the accelerator. You have just enough fuel to get you through the mission as long as you kill everyone as quickly as possible, which means flying to the targets in the straightest possible line and never missing your shots. They fixed it in the later releases so it's a lot more forgiving.

Took me six attempts on this playthrough, so it could've been worse.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

WatermelonGun posted:

i bought romancing saga 2 for the switch before i knew that square likes to mutilate their old games. i got so high right before i booted it up and was so confused and frightened.

that's just because it was a saga game

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

yea ok posted:

that's just because it was a saga game

it’s the only one i’ve played but it let me have a mermaid squadron and owned me repeatedly, kind of want to play 3 now.

speaking of bad remasters and ports it sure is lame that the new version of smt nocturne is supposed to suck poo poo.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I just made a sliding scale of old game preservation and presentation

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i’m still super pissed about snk and mbs lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

i’m still super pissed about snk and mbs lol

What?

What?