Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

razorrozar posted:

I just don't see the benefit of putting cheese and tomato sauce on a fruit.

:smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo:

Tomatos are fruits as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

razorrozar posted:

I'm a loving dumbass, why am I bitching about cheese on fruit

Hahaha, whoops.

Randler posted:

I was going to say this but then I stopped myself because "tomatos are actually a fruit" is a randler-as-gently caress thing to say.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

There's a local coal oven pizza place with a pizza that has the crust brushed with honey truffle oil and topped with goat cheese, pear slices, red onions, and pistachios. The first time they served it was at a brewery dinner paired with Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale out of kegs driven in fresh from the brewery. Fruit and cheese are awesome together if done well.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Randler posted:

Something something biological vs. culinary.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

razorrozar posted:

Pineapple on pizza is a goddamn travesty. :can:

This sounds quite interesting, can you expand on it?

Sadly, no. It's very, very boring unless you're making a video game, and then it's 'trade secret' level stuff. The interesting part is I accidentally a whole trade secret by thinking it was obvious.

Also, you don't like pineapple on pizza. Even if it makes the cheese disintegrate.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

XyloJW _was_ looking for a new avatar. Make it bouncing up and down in a 'yes' and I think we have something. Or sideways in a 'no'.

You wanna know what's delicious? A chunk of good old New York Cheddar with a slice of New York Apple Pie.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

XyloJW posted:

I'm going to add it to the rules thread that disparaging pineapple, on burgers or on pizza, is now bannable.

And his reign of terror begins.

Anyone have the "Can Handle/Can't Handle" Simpsons gif from the political cartoons thread?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Warcabbit posted:

You wanna know what's delicious? A chunk of good old New York Cheddar with a slice of New York Apple Pie.

I was gonna say. Never tried it myself, but I know that cheese on apple pie is definitely a thing. Also pretty sure I've seen grapes and other bits of fruit used in fondue.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Apologies if this is already posted

http://www.diffchecker.com/emsw36u2

Zizek literally plagarizes an entire article almost word for word from a neo-nazi journal.

But he's really sorry!

http://www.critical-theory.com/i-nonetheless-deeply-regret-the-incident-zizek-responds-to-plagiarism-allegations/

edit: Thread too fast. Its posted :(

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

XyloJW posted:

I'm going to add it to the rules thread that disparaging pineapple, on burgers or on pizza, is now bannable.

You've gone mad with power!

I like fruit, I like cheese, but I've never found all that many ways to make they go together well.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Warcabbit posted:

Also, you don't like pineapple on pizza. Even if it makes the cheese disintegrate.

I think I proved I'm a dumbass and you shouldn't trust my opinions. :colbert:

I'm willing to give pineapple pizza the benefit of the doubt, I've just never had one I liked.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

razorrozar posted:

I think I proved I'm a dumbass and you shouldn't trust my opinions. :colbert:

I'm willing to give pineapple pizza the benefit of the doubt, I've just never had one I liked.

Get the standard Hawaiian pizza from not a lovely pizza joint and throw some jalapenos on there.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I used to not like Hawaiian pizza, because I was a child with a child's palate.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
pesto pizza is a really important innovation

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SedanChair posted:

I used to not like Hawaiian pizza, because I was a child with a child's palate.

Did the Hawaiians come up with it or was it "lol, pineapple"?

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
I'm going to guess it was a outflow of the Don Ho hawaiian tiki fad of the 1960s, because if it was authentic, it'd have spam on it. But it does have ham on it. Hm.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Swan Oat posted:

God's speaking through you ITT

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Feta cheese goes well with grapes. I've also done plums with smoked Gouda, you slice them and alternate. Delish.

It works better the higher quality the cheese is. You need a good flavor contrast, like sweet with sour or salty.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Am I late for Hawaiian pizza chat because that poo poo is amazing.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

R. Mute posted:

Don't ever, ever, ever read 538 when they write about football (soccer). It's literally offensive how useless it is and how shamefully they're fishing for the clicks of American stat-autists. 538 made a name for itself predicting the most predictable election in a long time and now they're cashing in.

Nerding out about stats is pretty dumb but goons overreact so much, holy poo poo.

Americans literally destroying the beautiful game . jpg

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

not only does the person living in the apartment across the road have a medical skeleton standing right in front of her window - making this my second neighbour that posed a medical skeleton in front of their window in the past few months -, i just looked out of my window and she was slapping the skeleton. like, a barrage of tiny slaps, rocking the skeleton back and forth.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Swan Oat posted:

Pesto ON pizza is an even more important innovation. There was a pizza joint near my old job in New Mexico that would give you bottles if pesto 'watered down' with olive oil so it was pourable. Drizzle that over any pizza to make it delicious.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Cheese and apple is a classic flavor combination and I believe that it is against Vermont law to speak ill of it.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

R. Mute posted:

not only does the person living in the apartment across the road have a medical skeleton standing right in front of her window - making this my second neighbour that posed a medical skeleton in front of their window in the past few months -, i just looked out of my window and she was slapping the skeleton. like, a barrage of tiny slaps, rocking the skeleton back and forth.

That's called hand dusting. It's quite common in America

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

KoldPT posted:

Nerding out about stats is pretty dumb but goons overreact so much, holy poo poo.

Americans literally destroying the beautiful game . jpg
that's all fine, it's when they start predicting the outcomes of games, sperg out over the most meaningless of stats and make big huge posts saying 'ahem germany beating brazil 7-1 *pushes glasses up nose* was a very unexpected outcome' or overexplain the most basic concepts. like that whole thing about how if you score during a penalty shoot-out, you now have an x amount of winning. if you score and your opponent does not, you now have a 65% chance of winning! wowza!

football is a complicated sport with so many variables it makes stats useless and with so many factors that can't even be translated into stats. you can write a bunch of articles about the basic stats and such, but without attaching baseless predictions to it, it's all very boring. so they do add predictions and they do sperg out over the most meaningless details and it's all worthless.

i can just imagine one of those turds from 538 going: 'but... barca had 70% possession and they lost??? waaaaaaaaaah???' before exploding into a shower of autism.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

kelvron posted:

Pesto ON pizza is an even more important innovation. There was a pizza joint near my old job in New Mexico that would give you bottles if pesto 'watered down' with olive oil so it was pourable. Drizzle that over any pizza to make it delicious.

o-ok

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

homemade pizza supremacy

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
I think I met a gay conservative yesterday, that I'm related to. Graphic designers are such idiots.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Cheekio posted:

I think I met a gay conservative yesterday, that I'm related to. Graphic designers are such idiots.

Cognitive dissonance is an amazing thing

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

R. Mute posted:

football is a complicated sport with so many variables it makes stats useless and with so many factors that can't even be translated into stats

I started making a longer post about this but then I just deleted it all because it just said :jerkbag:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Wasn't there some old gay hairdresser in the Florida Keys who committed suicide after Obama got reelected, even leaving a note saying "gently caress this country for reelecting him" or something along those lines?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Joementum posted:

Cheese and apple is a classic flavor combination and I believe that it is against Vermont law to speak ill of it.

drat you for playing that trump card, Joe.

Kiwi Ghost Chips posted:

homemade pizza supremacy

Word.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Chantilly Say posted:

I started making a longer post about this but then I just deleted it all because it just said :jerkbag:
the success rate of 538 predictions about the world cup seem to prove me right, huh, fancy that. that's one stat i can get behind.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
What would you do if you had a million dollars?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

start a PAC and get money out of politics

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I said million, not billion(s).

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

paragon1 posted:

blow it all on lottery tickets

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

paragon1 posted:

buy all the vidya games

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

build a gold goku statue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

paragon1 posted:

I would buy you a green dress

• Locked thread