Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Cans are superior to glass bottles as they block out 100% of light (exposure to UV is what causes beer to go "skunky") and are much better sealed than bottle caps, which keeps out oxygen - another source of off flavors.

Then again, if all you're looking for is "astringent alcoholic soda water" (in which case I'd draw your attention to the expanding hard seltzer market) this point may be moot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Who do you think you are, Jim Morrison?

Wrong color. :)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

Wrong band.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

All of the can vs bottle talk is reminding me of the craft Hefeweizen that I've so far only been able to find at one grocery store's liquor department, and they usually only have one 6 pack or none when I go. The whole top of the can peels off instead of just popping open a tab hole, and the first time I opened one my brain got really confused. But now I just really want a tasty Hefeweizen. Welp that's my story.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Hefs are my favorite style by far. Not gonna have one for the foreseeable future, but it's getting warmer and I want one.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
If you like hefeweizens during the spring/summer you should try dunkelweizens and weizenbocks during the cold season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Does anyone live near Geoj? I think he's having a seizure.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

You can actually get the purple stuff in a spray bottle so it's not a total pain in the rear end to apply.

Even better, get a pro spray bottle from HD or Lowes, for more power and control over the spray pattern. Makes a huge difference.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

One of my collegues deals with a pork process facility (slaughter, butcher, package, all under 1 roof).

Found out a couple days ago a guy on the killing floor was killing the hogs with the bolt gun like normal, decided it to end it all and put the bolt gun to his head and activated it.

Traumatized everyone around him and even worse, didn't die instantly and finally succumbed in hospital about 30 minutes later or so.

Yeah, that would be a way to make your terrible job even worse.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Rhyno posted:

:cripes:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

everdave posted:

Natty light comes in both regular and shorty glass bottles for the same Price as cans so now you have no excuse

Natural Ice, not Light, get your head in the game. Looks like Ice is in bottles in some places, not around here in my 1-store of looking.

I didn't meant to trigger y'all on cans v. bottles. Cans always remind me of low-rent chugging in college. Bottles seem more proper, but to each his own.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

meatpimp posted:

Natural Ice, not Light, get your head in the game. Looks like Ice is in bottles in some places, not around here in my 1-store of looking.

I didn't meant to trigger y'all on cans v. bottles. Cans always remind me of low-rent chugging in college. Bottles seem more proper, but to each his own.

i used to think this but like... cans are objectively better at the job, so i've gotten over it

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

I prefer bottles tbh, but really don't care either way. People getting upset over having to drink beer out of a can however is stupid and dumb

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
The only thing that bottles do better is be fancy, so they're nicer gifts

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

From what I’m reading, Rammstein released a 30 second teaser a couple of days ago which was JUST the hanging scene from the video and the Jewish community lost their poo poo, clamouring that they were using the holocaust as a publicity stunt etc etc etc, because without the context of the song and longer video, it does look like they’re pulling a stunt to stir controversy.

It’s an interesting video with a hell of a lot of subtle meanings behind its contents, that’s for sure. And a hell of a lot of in your face ones too.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Can vs bottle, if I have the choice I take can but as long as it hasn't been improperly stored I'll happily drink from either.

I can't seem to find it (Google results are full of articles about how Trump's aluminum tariffs are adding about a penny to the costs of canned beverages) but maybe 4-5 years ago there was a major shift in the craft beer industry away from glass - can't remember the specifics but it boiled down to one company owns/owned something like 85% of the glass bottle market and was pulling a "we're going to inflate bottle prices by 200-300%, for no other reason than we can." Which is why cans now represent nearly 2/3rds of "bottled" beer sales.

Also on a personal note I prefer cans since there's an almost 100% chance they're getting recycled, whereas often glass is sorted out of municipal recycling and disposed of in landfills because at best its a wash and often costs the municipality to recycle. Same thing with plastic.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Meh. It's Rammstein, they've been called Nazis constantly for twenty years now, they're used to it, I'm sure

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Liquid Communism posted:

Yeah, I buy local milk too. It's like 15% more expensive and a lot tastier.

I have literally gotten into scuffles at the grocery store over the last 2L of their chocolate milk.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

T-Square posted:

All of the can vs bottle talk is reminding me of the craft Hefeweizen that I've so far only been able to find at one grocery store's liquor department, and they usually only have one 6 pack or none when I go. The whole top of the can peels off instead of just popping open a tab hole, and the first time I opened one my brain got really confused. But now I just really want a tasty Hefeweizen. Welp that's my story.

I really like cans and this style of can is great! No as good as a regular can for shower beers though.

The environmental impact of cans seems lower, you can fit more beer on a pallet or trolley and it’s cheaper to transport. You can always pour your beer out of the can into a glass anyways.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Geoj posted:

Also on a personal note I prefer cans since there's an almost 100% chance they're getting recycled, whereas often glass is sorted out of municipal recycling and disposed of in landfills because at best its a wash and often costs the municipality to recycle. Same thing with plastic.

Ban all bottle sales IMO

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
You can't even get wine snobs to use synthetic corks or twist tops, despite the fact that natural corks destroy a huge portion of wine yields every year

Try to get any of those psychopaths to drink out of a can, I dare you

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

QuarkMartial posted:

Meh. It's Rammstein, they've been called Nazis constantly for twenty years now, they're used to it, I'm sure

They wrote a whole song about "yo we're edgy but we're seriously left wing as gently caress, piss off with the nazi stuff".

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I too did not spend a whole lot of thought on the bottle vs can consideration given that my go-to spot for beer is a 3 minute walk from my house and I'm not about to go driving around searching for bottled Natural Ice (or anything really).

Also cans fit in coozies a helluva lot better and I've got an incredibly awesome Coleman Tuffoams one that I have literally owned for nearly 30 years now. My two best friends back home still have theirs too, we got 3 different colors to keep cross-contamination worries down and these $2.99 jobbies were the best spend of my young adult drinking life, possibly my entire lifetime.

(Please commence arguing about regional names for a "koozy" or however you call it there.)

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Darchangel posted:

Even better, get a pro spray bottle from HD or Lowes, for more power and control over the spray pattern. Makes a huge difference.

You're talking the little pressurized garden sprayer deals? That's a good call.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bought the cheapest dark rum on the shelf, "Lambs" because i'm broke and sad

Dumped it in my favorite guilty suggary drink, bottled 50/50 lemonade/iced tea mix.

mixed nearly 50/50 and it tastes so loving good.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Fender Anarchist posted:

They wrote a whole song about "yo we're edgy but we're seriously left wing as gently caress, piss off with the nazi stuff".

Wait, which song was this?

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Apparently while I was traveling up north today a federal judge ruled the 10 round magazine limit in California is unconstitutional. I now need a comically large magazine.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I went to pick up a box of empty soft drink bottles to recycle today and pulled SOMETHING in my back below my shoulder blades. Now I cant walk upright properly.

Awesome start to the weekend...

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Elmnt80 posted:

Wait, which song was this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph-CA_tu5KA

Links 2 3 4

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ferremit posted:

I went to pick up a box of empty soft drink bottles to recycle today and pulled SOMETHING in my back below my shoulder blades. Now I cant walk upright properly.

Awesome start to the weekend...

Maybe call your grandkids to help when you have heavy stuff to lift.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Powershift posted:

Maybe call your grandkids to help when you have heavy stuff to lift.

I wish it had been something heavy. I would have been 15kg at the MOST.

Stupid weak body. Now i feel like a total cripple

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ferremit posted:

I wish it had been something heavy. I would have been 15kg at the MOST.

Stupid weak body. Now i feel like a total cripple

I joke, but don't let it eat at you. There's nothing more frustrating than telling your body to do something and hearing "NO."

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I was out for 3 weeks and then had to walk with a cane because I bent down to pick up a coffee cup.

Bodies are fuckin weird, man.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
The worst I hosed up my back in the last year was from reaching to towel myself off after a shower. Hardcore.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

nm posted:

The worst I hosed up my back in the last year was from reaching to towel myself off after a shower. Hardcore.

Reaching over and behind my shoulder to get a snowbrush in the back seat.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Two weeks ago, I was sitting in a chair at the computer, and it felt like my right knee exploded.

Still hurts occasionally. I couldn't walk for half a day. Bodies :shrug:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

It was 50/50 having to ask the missus for help wiping after a crap earlier. I decided that crying in pain on the toilet was a lesser loss of dignity.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Queen Combat posted:

Two weeks ago, I was sitting in a chair at the computer, and it felt like my right knee exploded.

Occasionally, my right knee will say "I MUST BE STRAIGHT RIGHT loving NOW" and gently caress anything that's in it's way.

I'm sure if i was getting into a Caviler convertible when it happened, i would be calling a tow truck to collect two halves of a Caviler.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ferremit posted:

I decided that crying in pain on the toilet was a lesser loss of dignity.

Looks like somebody has been reading my autobiography.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Queen Combat posted:

I sat in a slightly too low chair for like an hour and couldn't walk for like 30 minutes.
35 should be this old.