Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The Door Frame posted:

Isn't this stuff what police helicopters are for? There's not too many reasons this kind of chase should happen because of all of the innocent people who were endangered

But you don't understand, the officers egos are at stake here :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

The Door Frame posted:

Isn't this stuff what police helicopters are for? There's not too many reasons this kind of chase should happen because of all of the innocent people who were endangered

Sorry, their helicopter is busy harassing certain neighborhoods (you know the ones) doing low-pass patterns that spell C.P.D.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
big altima energy

https://i.imgur.com/EahDdUi.mp4

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
He uses every part of the freeway

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
completely average day driving on 167

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
This might explain some of the things I’ve observed recently.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

It's a great theft deterrent I've heard

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
https://i.imgur.com/NSDsumd.mp4

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Signal could be broken. Eventually you're gonna go.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
It wasn't, it was turned green shortly after the video ends lol

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

priznat posted:

It's a great theft deterrent I've heard

i never understood this, i'm pretty sure a thief can figure it out just enough to limp off. if anything it'd be worse because at minimum they'll probably gently caress your clutch up if not money shift

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

It’s all about being slightly harder to steal than the car next to you

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Anyone can break a lock if they're determined, the best way to deter a thief is to convince them it isn't worth their time

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah if you owned a manual Challenger for instance, it's almost a guarantee they'll skip it and look for an automatic instead because there are so many of them

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Shipon posted:

i never understood this, i'm pretty sure a thief can figure it out just enough to limp off. if anything it'd be worse because at minimum they'll probably gently caress your clutch up if not money shift

People have no idea how it works at all. Like, "What's the third pedal for?" level of not knowing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGBbmQWGFXQ

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Midjack posted:

What was the last car sold in the US that had three on the tree anyway?

I learned somewhat recently that a 4 speed manual column shifter was a rare option on the Mercedes W124. Supposedly only sold for taxi use in Finland.

Platystemon posted:

These dream are as common as ones about showing up to school naked or teeth falling out.

I had a similar dream when I was like 16, before I even knew how to drive. I was drunk as hell driving a car skidding all over the place, like how the car physics feel in GTA IV, which I of course was playing a lot at the time lol.

Cached Money fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 23, 2024

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

glynnenstein posted:

People have no idea how it works at all.

Including the author of that article excerpt, which was why I posted it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Phanatic posted:

Including the author of that article excerpt, which was why I posted it.

Maybe they ride a motorbike or are disabled (but I repeat myself).

MortLansky
Dec 17, 2014

The Door Frame posted:

Ohio cops don't have helicopters they have MRAPs they bought for pennies on the dollar and occasionally bring out for parades and nonviolent arrest warrants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I think that Hyundai could take an mrap