Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

sourdough posted:

lol gaming ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

sourdough posted:

lol gaming ftw

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wife guys understand.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

sourdough posted:

lol gaming ftw

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Broke: Turning Japanese
Woke: Adding Nihongo

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

sourdough posted:

lol gaming ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

10. Unpacking
Played this one as a family, lol. it's fine for what it is. could have done without the very literal Lilith faire song at the end. if anyone wants to play it, my rec is to do one room a night. it's just a little relaxing nostalgia trip and it wears out its welcome if you do it all at once. would be the perfect game to play for five minutes at a time to try to keep from getting tilted at something.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

lmao

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1) A Plague Tale: Innocence
2) Dragon Quest 1 (GBC)
3) HI-Fi Rush
4) A Plague Tale: Requiem
5) Secret of Evermore
6) Granblue Fantasy: Relink (Final Chapter Credits)
7) Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown (Immortal)
8) Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
9) Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
10) Persona 3: Reload (Merciless)
11) 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
12) Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Justice for All
13) Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations
14) Citizen Sleeper
15) Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Slow start, super cool ending. Probably my favorite of the three. Don't think I'll replay ZTD.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Quackshot (Genesis) -- another great sega platformer. shooting people with the plunger is fun

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
2) Aliens: Fireteam Elite
3) Styx: Master of Shadows
4) Starfield
5) Battlefield Hardline
6) Styx: Shards of Darkness
7) Metro 2033
8) Intravenous 2: Mercenarism
9) Metro: Last Light
10) The Bunker
11) Who Pressed Mute on Uncle Marcus?
12) She Sees Red
13) Metro Exodus
14) The Gallery
15) Blade Runner
16) The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker
17) The Isle Tide Hotel
18) LEGO The Incredibles
19) The Case of the Golden Idol
20) Kathy Rain: Director's Cut
21) Dark Nights with Poe and Munro

This is an FMV game about a couple of local radio hosts who have a (failing) nightly spooky radio show. It's a spin-off of The Shapeshifting Detective, which I played last year - Poe and Munro were side characters in that, but were clearly well regarded enough to get their own game. I found it pretty fun overall and humorous at times, in any case. It was an episodic game with completely separate plotlines for each episode, so it made it perfect to go through an ep an evening

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

44) crazy taxi 2 (dreamcast, s ranked around apple with all four base characters)

it's crazy taxi so it's good. i like the jump. multi-fares are weird it never feels like you have enough time to get them all delivered. guide arrow's kinda worse in this, has the same problem from ct1 where it'd get tripped up in more open/round areas and the map is a lot of that. but overall it's still fun in the exact same way the first game is

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

World of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck (Genesis)

The graphics in this are awesome for 1992 but the game is really short. I beat it in under an hour. The gameplay (as Mickey at least) isn't quite as good as Castle or Quackshot.

I wish Sega hadn't lost the Disney license and were able to make more of these.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1-20: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4050853&perpage=40&pagenumber=17#post537514857

21. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
22. Sonic the Hedgehog
23. Sonic CD
24. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
25. Little Nightmares
26. Disco Elysium
27. Little Nightmares II
28. Last Epoch
29. Star Wars Dark Forces Remastered
30. Persona 3 Reload
31. Stray
32. Wonderful 101: Remastered
33. Hi-Fi Rush
34. Devil May Cry

I had only played 3-5 before so I've had this on my list for a while. It's definitely a first attempt, but it's fun.

Up until you get to a boss fight that's just kinda miserable then I start hating it, but I managed to power through the game. Trish sucks what a bad character.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
15+ Lego Jurassic World (Platinum Trophy)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

French Accent posted:

no plat trophy, no 100% completion: must have hated it.

You know what they say about assuming

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
4+ Spider-Man 2 for the Playstation 5 (Platinum Trophy)

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Against The Storm - Adamantine Seal Cleared
The late game was kind of a pain in the rear end, it's basically a roguelike where you need to string together a bunch of successful runs in order to play a boss run with unique objectives. I had to restart a few approaches due to fuckups or difficult seeds, but my first time getting to the actual seal I Cleared it pretty easily.

Other than that very cool game, would recommend. Thinking about doing the post-game challenge but it looks imposing...

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

12) Alpha Protocol

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

15) Subsurface Circular

short little visual novel. you're a robot detective, you spend the whole time on a subway train and the case comes to you. nothing to really complain about, but other than the cute idea and nice visuals there wasn't much that really stood out. characters are all a little flat and the story isn't as gripping as it wants to be. it's fine

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Oop, forgot to post this yesterday

6. Alpha Protocol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mamkute posted:

15+ Lego Jurassic World (Platinum Trophy)

And that's why you're the best, Boss.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

In Training posted:

:hai:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

1. super mario land 2
2. hi-fi rush
3. elden ring
4. legend of zelda (game and watch)
5. donkey kong 94
6. cyberpunk 2077
7. final fantasy adventure (switch)
8.secret of mana (switch)

its still great but it really does just have way too much padding in the last third with all the reused bosses. final act was still fun though. dunno what team im gonna start with for trials of mana, i haven't played it in probably 22 years.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Frenz posted:

World of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck (Genesis)

The graphics in this are awesome for 1992 but the game is really short. I beat it in under an hour. The gameplay (as Mickey at least) isn't quite as good as Castle or Quackshot.

I wish Sega hadn't lost the Disney license and were able to make more of these.

Went back and beat this as Donald since it adds a few harder screens.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

14. Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown

I really liked this. I heard it was good so I went into it with some expectations, and it surpassed them even so. Both the platforming and combat were great, the environments were pretty varied and one pretty lategame area in particular was super cool and unique. Definitely recommend and I'm looking forward to the DLC.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Stellar Blade - Making New Memories Ending

Really fun game. The combat was top notch and I look forward to replaying it on NG+ in hard mode at some point.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

16) SMT III: Nocturne (Normal, True Demon ending w/ Raidou)

Amazing game. The art direction is phenomenal. The press turn mechanic and demon recruitment/raising stays interesting and engaging the whole game, and it's cool what they do with different bosses to differentiate them. The game also felt boss-dense to me, which I liked. The fiend fights were awesome. I'm not wild about a lot of the dungeon design, though. A lot of the dungeons are intentionally designed to be mazelike, with repetitive walls and decorations, and make you retread the same paths over and over. The encounter rate is really high, especially toward the end, where you can hit an encounter 3 steps after the previous one even with Estoma active. It seems like this is out of a desire to give each of the enemy sets time to breathe, and create a puzzle-like feel in the dungeons - in some cases I think it works well, but in others it just ends up feeling really draining. The last dungeon especially just made me tired and want to stop playing when I got to some of the teleport trap puzzles near the end, and took a few sessions for me to push through. That said, the variety of demon interactions with the party help to break that up and keep things interesting, and add a lot to the game.

I love that this game puts a twist on the law vs chaos struggle present in other games in the series, and has demons show up aligned with causes that are different than one might normally expect. The different Reasons are really cool, and they each make a compelling case for why they are desirable, while also highlighting the flaws of the others. There's a lot of tragedy, with facing down the champions of the various Reasons and the ultimate fate of the manikins. I wish there was something that could be done to help them, but they seemed destined to suffer despite their struggle. I did a little reading after finishing the game, and I'd have been on track for the Freedom ending if it weren't for wanting to fight the superboss. I have mixed feelings about the True Demon ending. It seems like its addition sells the other endings short, a bit. I really like that these games challenge one's ideals and have a lot to say.

Great game. Recommended.

Arch Nemesis fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 24, 2024

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist (Genesis)

3 good stages with 2 lazy filler stages. I almost wish this was a port of the first turtles arcade game but I guess that would have been kind of lame since the snes got turtles in time.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Arch Nemesis posted:

16) SMT III: Nocturne (Normal, True Demon ending w/ Raidou)

Amazing game. The art direction is phenomenal. The press turn mechanic and demon recruitment/raising stays interesting and engaging the whole game, and it's cool what they do with different bosses to differentiate them. The game also felt boss-dense to me, which I liked. The fiend fights were awesome. I'm not wild about a lot of the dungeon design, though. A lot of the dungeons are intentionally designed to be mazelike, with repetitive walls and decorations, and make you retread the same paths over and over. The encounter rate is really high, especially toward the end, where you can hit an encounter 3 steps after the previous one even with Estoma active. It seems like this is out of a desire to give each of the enemy sets time to breathe, and create a puzzle-like feel in the dungeons - in some cases I think it works well, but in others it just ends up feeling really draining. The last dungeon especially just made me tired and want to stop playing when I got to some of the teleport trap puzzles near the end, and took a few sessions for me to push through. That said, the variety of demon interactions with the party help to break that up and keep things interesting, and add a lot to the game.

I love that this game puts a twist on the law vs chaos struggle present in other games in the series, and has demons show up aligned with causes that are different than one might normally expect. The different Reasons are really cool, and they each make a compelling case for why they are desirable, while also highlighting the flaws of the others. There's a lot of tragedy, with facing down the champions of the various Reasons and the ultimate fate of [spoiler]the manikins. I wish there was something that could be done to help them, but they seemed destined to suffer despite their struggle[spoiler]. I did a little reading after finishing the game, and I'd have been on track for the Freedom ending if it weren't for wanting to fight the superboss. I have mixed feelings about the True Demon ending. It seems like its addition sells the other endings short, a bit. I really like that these games challenge one's ideals and have a lot to say.

Great game. Recommended.

While I appreciate your thoughts on one of gaming's most peak titles, and am filled with joy to read you have finished the True Demon Ending -- Nice spoiler tags.

Final warning.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

oops. worth fixing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Nocturne is amazing and also currently on Steam sale for a Historically Low $9.99. You can't afford not to buy it.

16. Tales of Maj'Eyal

Normal, Roguelike. First win. I spent the last week getting Alchemists killed before trying a revamp mod, New Alchemist. It's a lot of fun running around with a properly jacked golem and brewing potion bombs. It felt like the class was overtuned, or maybe meant for higher difficulties, but once I got to the east I had to play safe. I like TOME a lot but I can feel my brain frying as I juggle 30 different abilities and sort through pages of loot.

bees x1000 fucked around with this message at 05:49 on May 24, 2024