Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

My three day track weekend was a success with the new engine in the daytona 675.

Racked up about three hundred miles on the track and it didn’t explode. Calling that a success.

Moved up to the fastest group and rode around guys on 40k ducati’s. Feels good. I Love this bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

KLR got new plastics to replace the sprayed OG reds. Threw some eBay vinyls on them. I’m not good with vinyl, but I think the whole thing looks pretty impressive from a few feet. For a KLR.

I don’t post up about the Tiger much, because well, it just fuckin’ rides. One of the stripe decals completely failed, split, and looks like garbage now.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Revvik posted:

KLR got new plastics to replace the sprayed OG reds. Threw some eBay vinyls on them. I’m not good with vinyl, but I think the whole thing looks pretty impressive from a few feet. For a KLR.

I don’t post up about the Tiger much, because well, it just fuckin’ rides. One of the stripe decals completely failed, split, and looks like garbage now.

You have a tiger AND a klr and I'm struggling to think of where to go from here. RE Himalayan? Buell blast?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

You have a tiger AND a klr and I'm struggling to think of where to go from here. RE Himalayan? Buell blast?

Ural.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
It’s a 955i that I use for the street only, it reminds me of all the good things about riding my 990 SMT and none or fewer of the bad.

I’ve wanted a Ulysses off and on, but my antidepressants seem to be working too well to allow that.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

yummycheese posted:

My three day track weekend was a success with the new engine in the daytona 675.

Racked up about three hundred miles on the track and it didn’t explode. Calling that a success.

Moved up to the fastest group and rode around guys on 40k ducati’s. Feels good. I Love this bike.

Are you considering eventually adding something like a Nemesis TC unit or not worth it compared to just buying a R6/whatever?

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

yummycheese posted:

That's a lot of miles, how long were you on the track for each day? My 'track days' are always like 4 15min sessions and that's already exhausting.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Most of the ones around here are seven to eight 20 min sessions, more than enough time

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
https://imgur.com/a/izaZ4Xt

I threw new mirrors on mine. I like how they look, they are split vision mirrors by v-twin, normally for a Harley but I used an adapter. I am still doing head checks but like they are really adjustable, and the convex part built in. Helps with visibility, and looks nicer than plastic mirrors with a convex part glued on.

I'm debating on replacing some lights with LEDs, some fog lights\aux lights, and a smart brake controller.

Kicking around the idea of some underglow lights, white is legal here. Might help people see me and would look neat. Don't hate me for that. :o:

SSH IT ZOMBIE fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jun 2, 2021

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

I am glad your new mirrors are helping you with your rear view, and that they are better than your prior ones.

That being said, they look kinda out of place on your bike; banging cruiser mirrors on your Versys makes it look like (to me) that you just had some spare cruiser mirrors lying around that you mcgyvered on.

That being said, it's your bike and you do you! :D

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
I am half tempted to plastidip them black. There are enough chrome parts on the bike it doesn't bother me.

I understand what you mean. It probably looks more out of place to someone who has seen and ridden a lot of bikes.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
The white Versys sure looks a lot better than the black/silver/red graphics on the current version

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice

Dog Case posted:

The white Versys sure looks a lot better than the black/silver/red graphics on the current version

Agreed, thanks. I really like how the Honda CB500x 2021 looks too. Couldn't find one in stock. Then I saw the white Versys and I'm like ooo shiny.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
2021 CB500X is so sad with red being shoved into every colour option. 2020 had it right with white, black and red.

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
Oh, really? I like that dark red webbing with the black.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
Sure, it's not a bad design per se, but now you are forced to choose your flavor of red, before you had actual options. I for one love my 2020 white and would hate the red accent.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

How are you supposed to tell it's a Honda if it's not red? :colbert:

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Martytoof posted:

Hoooooooonnnnnnnnddddaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Martytoof posted:

You work it out based on the people you meet.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

If it's not in bits in someone's garage, it's a Honda.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

pun pundit posted:

If it's not in bits in someone's garage, it's a Honda.

You could argue that could also be a triumph though

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Martytoof posted:

Generally you know it's a Honda when you know for a fact a bike rode past but you can't identify a single salient feature besides it being a bike. If it doesn't look or sound like anything, it's almost certainly a Honda.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
Got the Hepco and becker luggage rack for my Tenere in the mail finally.
From what I could find no one makes soft luggage only small side racks for it. Givi had the ugly as gently caress wing rack, but that is an atrocity towards looks.
So h&b it was.

And PO fuckery home made exhaust that I knew would be tricky does not work without some modification of the rack.

Since I'm getting a bit annoyed by that welded stove pipe I'll post phone the rack for now and I'll most likely wait a payday then go for a new exhaust.
Looking around I think I will go for An Arrow Paris-Dakar Replica. fits the stock headers, but I'll most likely grab some aftermarket headers that follow the stock routing.

I had hoped to use it this weekend but since its the first run of the year of another batch of obscure roads(we got a sven saw now!) even if the rack had fit, my small nx250 is a better choice.

Supradog fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jun 3, 2021

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Supradog posted:

Got the Hepco and becker luggage rack for my Tenere in the mail finally.
From what I could find no one makes soft luggage only small side racks for it. Givi had the ugly as gently caress wing rack, but that is an atrocity towards looks.
So h&b it was.

Not stanning givi or anything but FYI all their luggage racks with the three pins for mounting hard panniers (monolock?) can be easily converted to take soft luggage, as the pins just unscrew via hex socket bolts in the back.

I didn't know they were even making wingracks anymore, thought they'd totally switched to tube steel like the one you got; or are people just endlessly trading second hand ones?

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
yeah, I've used modern givi on other bikes. Either with monolock racks with removed pegs, or dedicated soft luggage more light weight racks. Sadly many older low volume bikes never got the tube steel upgrade. My old 93 transalp got the tubes, this 88 tenere was too low volume. The Wingrack itself is second hand only, but you can buy new bike specific tubes to mount the wing rack still.

Supradog fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 3, 2021

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

I've been fooling around with replacing handle bars + crown plate on my fzr600. The current sumo bars are too high and wide to fit the fairing. Crown plate has cutouts to fit the sumo bars so it has to go, it looks silly with clipons.
Annoyingly, this includes replacing the ignition barrel, which can't be detached from the crown plate, and that means peering into the 7th level of hell that may be the wiring loom of the bike. Which was butchered 2 owners ago, reportedly fixed by the previous owner, but i have no clue if he went through the effort to put the original multiconnectors back into the wiring loom.

We'll find out soon what horrors lie below the plastic tank cover...

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

What do you mean the ignition barrel can't be detached? Doesn't it have the two shear bolts?

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Well yeah, but the heads are shorn off. I'd have to drill them out or something. Idk if the hole pattern matches the current ignition barrel.

I got all new locks anyway, with a real Yamaha branded ignition key :) which is neat.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Been having an absolute bastard of a time trying add pannier stays and a heel shifter to the YBR. Various things are in just slightly the wrong place so that nothing's going to fit unless I break out the angle grinder.

And just as I finish packing up for the day, the part I really wanted to change (the ignition barrel) shows up at the door. Woo.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Met up with a work friend to drop off the older GoPro he was buying from me, then he took me on a tour of some of the country roads north of Burlington, ending up at Lowville Park just off the Guelph Line. Great little place to stop and get out of the sun, cuz it's like loving 32C out there lol.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I sent some old dinosaurs to The Bad Place

Chris Knight posted:

Met up with a work friend to drop off the older GoPro he was buying from me, then he took me on a tour of some of the country roads north of Burlington, ending up at Lowville Park just off the Guelph Line. Great little place to stop and get out of the sun, cuz it's like loving 32C out there lol.

God yes, this is such an awesome little place to hang out. That whole area is super nice. Also I took the bike around the village just to warm up the oil before the change and holy smokes it was unpleasant, even at speed. Mesh jacket helped for sure though, compared to yesterday where I wore leather :lol:

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 6, 2021

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Okay, I think I've made enough changes to the Ducati. For now. Today I finally added the decal, put on a new set of Vans grips, and changed out the seat. I still have to figure out what's making it start like poo poo every time it's cold, but as long as I leave it plugged in overnight it's fine.

Oh also I was nervous about the lovely short levers I added, so I just took some stock ones and broke them in half.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

That seat looks comfy as gently caress

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Martytoof posted:

That seat looks comfy as gently caress

Seats shaped like that tend to lock your rear end into one spot (you can't move fore/aft on the seat). Not great for comfort on longer rides, even if the foam/etc. is done well.

Maybe more of a concern for touring bikes.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Jazzzzz posted:

Seats shaped like that tend to lock your rear end into one spot (you can't move fore/aft on the seat). Not great for comfort on longer rides, even if the foam/etc. is done well.

Maybe more of a concern for touring bikes.

I think it's just designed to look like that, because there's no less room than on the stock seat. But like Martytoof said, it's comfy as gently caress, so it works out to be a great upgrade.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Strife posted:

Okay, I think I've made enough changes to the Ducati. For now. Today I finally added the decal, put on a new set of Vans grips, and changed out the seat. I still have to figure out what's making it start like poo poo every time it's cold, but as long as I leave it plugged in overnight it's fine.

I really like that old school logo. Are those just vans bicycle grips?

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

mewse posted:

I really like that old school logo. Are those just vans bicycle grips?

Same company, but they make 7/8" and 1" grips for motorcycles. They might be winding down production though because they've gotten kind of hard to find.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Strife posted:

Same company, but they make 7/8" and 1" grips for motorcycles. They might be winding down production though because they've gotten kind of hard to find.

Cool! Didn't know about these and even found a vendor in Canada

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I cut out some foam in the seat to replace to with a gel pad. The stock seat was comfortable enough, but I want some more longevity. Will probably end up with the taller seat, but w/e it is was $25.
Also removed all the stickers from the swing arm and fairings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Recreating cowl tabs with monomer liquid and acrylic powder:

Make a mold of sorts

Fill

Cut/sand