Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
HTS just shipped Leader (G1) Megatron, but my order of the Wave 2 Deluxes (which I placed on the 10th, same time as Motormaster who's already arrived) still hasn't shipped, despite Megatron having an estimated date of April 20, but the Deluxes having an estimate of today.

The anxiety!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Looks nothing like Brawl, of course.

He's got the same headshape as G1 brawl.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

A head-shaped head?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
bruticus's limbs are actually going to be four repaints of Alpha Bravo

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Acne Rain posted:

bruticus's limbs are actually going to be four repaints of Alpha Bravo

This is already halfway to being entirely possible.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

If Victorion could have a new mold for a torso instead of a repaint, it should have been a voyager Helicopter so we could get the chopper singularity.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Found you a Megatron whycookieroberts

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

We might be getting non-Bay, non-Optimus, non-Mega/Galvatron movies after this.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/transformers-akiva-goldsman-paramount-sequels-spinoffs-1201400027/

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

catch22 posted:

Found you a Megatron whycookieroberts

I LOVE YOU MARRY ME

accept my proposal by giving me your PayPal email

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The MSJ posted:

We might be getting non-Bay, non-Optimus, non-Mega/Galvatron movies after this.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/transformers-akiva-goldsman-paramount-sequels-spinoffs-1201400027/

By the guy who wrote Batman & Robin and the Lost In Space movie. Sigh.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Shame they can't get the costume designer from B&R to do the robot designs. I'd love a milne inspired Neon deco over the junkheap they are now.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I LOVE YOU MARRY ME

accept my proposal by giving me your PayPal email

jlcatch22@gmail.com $50 should about cover it and shipping

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Went back to 5 Below, their TF bins were ravaged, no Windrazers so I'll have to pick that up off Ebay or Amazon.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
I have unfortunately only seen Combiner Wars things in-person five times. I hope the Seattle-North area gets caught up soon, I went into a Toys R Us that had their AoE TFs one-per-peg for over half of an aisle.

Hasn't it been weeks since the dock worker strikes ended?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There was a multi-month back log of shipping containers. Their spokesman said they expected to be caught up by mid April.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So, messing with Star Saber... is there anywhere I can actually store his smaller sword hilt? It's got a post on it, but I'm not seeing any suitable hole anywhere and the instructions don't mention anything.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

404GoonNotFound posted:

So, messing with Star Saber... is there anywhere I can actually store his smaller sword hilt? It's got a post on it, but I'm not seeing any suitable hole anywhere and the instructions don't mention anything.

His helmet grip can hold onto it if you don't mind it just hanging out on his backpack.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can't decide if I want Star Saber. I keep going back and forth on it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

I can't decide if I want Star Saber. I keep going back and forth on it.
What you want is a Quantron. Have you seen a Quantron? It's Quantronerirific.

But seriously, same engineer as M3.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
You can put the big blade in the tiny hilt and he holds that so the blade is the right way round. The big hilt gives him the paddle and he also holds the shield like a doof so I think big handle is for two hands and looking bad otherwise.

Also yeah no real place for tiny hilt to go when not in use.

Edit: this is about Starsaber

EthanSteele fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 28, 2015

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

HTS just shipped Leader (G1) Megatron, but my order of the Wave 2 Deluxes (which I placed on the 10th, same time as Motormaster who's already arrived) still hasn't shipped, despite Megatron having an estimated date of April 20, but the Deluxes having an estimate of today.

The anxiety!
Same, except my deluxes have an expected ship date of 4/27. At least it's a good sign that HTS is still shipping early, even if it's out of order.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/...il&utm_content=

Hey, looks like the other two Perfect Effect combiner upgrades went up for preorder.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

catch22 posted:

jlcatch22@gmail.com $50 should about cover it and shipping

Done! Along with an email explaining how I hosed up my shipping address in the PayPal info a bit. Thanks again. Feel free to take him out of the box if it'll save a bunch of money.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Is Motormaster or CW deluxe wave 2 in UK retail yet? Getting sick off going to TRU to find its still no.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Got Cybertron Prime, thanks Catch22! If you've still got the other stuff and want to just get rid of it all at once, I've been toying with the idea of trying my hand at kitbashing using some junkers, and they'd provide ample supply since some of them appear to be busted. Let me know via our email correspondence if you're interested. :)

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

BizarroAzrael posted:

Is Motormaster or CW deluxe wave 2 in UK retail yet? Getting sick off going to TRU to find its still no.

I'll probably rock down to Orbital this afternoon and see what they've got in and let you know. Which TRU's you going to? Brent Cross or Queensway are the only two I know in London and both of them are shite. More than likely pay a £2-3 premium over kapow at Orbital though, bar the P&P on them.

Hemp Knight
Sep 26, 2004

Goldskull posted:

I'll probably rock down to Orbital this afternoon and see what they've got in and let you know. Which TRU's you going to? Brent Cross or Queensway are the only two I know in London and both of them are shite. More than likely pay a £2-3 premium over kapow at Orbital though, bar the P&P on them.

Orbital had MM and CW wave 2 in a couple of weeks ago. None left when I went in on Thursday, though they did have a couple of MP Star Sabres.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Keldroc posted:

By the guy who wrote Batman & Robin and the Lost In Space movie. Sigh.

This is the result of a monkey paw wish or malevolent djinn, no doubt about that.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Star Saber's little hilt plugs right into his butt.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Star Saber is actually Masterpiece Arcee.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

After more review watching and feedback reading I've decided that MP Star Saber is a sweet rear end toy but I don't want to own him. If we get a generations IDW inspired voyager I'll be all over that poo poo however.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Well while the Wave 2 Deluxes are still in limbo, Megatron should be here in NYC on tuesday! Hurrah!

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Yeah, I'm in the HTS 'Whoo, Megatron! Naw yet Deluxe wave 2' club as well.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Zaa Boogie posted:

Yeah, I'm in the HTS 'Whoo, Megatron! Naw yet Deluxe wave 2' club as well.

HTS Support posted:

Thank you for your recent purchase from hasbrotoyshop.com. The Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class figures that you ordered were slated to begin shipping on or around 3/27 however there was a delay in production so we have not received them at our warehouse yet. They are on their way to us and we hope to have them in our warehouse in about a week and will begin shipping as soon as they are available. We apologize for the delay and for any inconvenience this causes.

We greatly appreciate your business. If you have additional questions, please visit our website, https://www.hasbrotoyshop.com or contact our Customer Service Center via e-mail at CustomerService@HasbroToyShop.com or phone at 1-800-408-0052 8am – 8 pm EST and Saturdays 10am – 6:30pm EST.
Sincerely yours,

Mary
Hasbrotoyshop.com Customer Service Supervisor

Welp that explains it.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Someone asked BBTS too and the answer said they were expecting them by the end of next week or so.

I just wanna complete Menasor and Superion :smith:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I really want the PE hand-and-foot sets for both (well, all) of the combiners as well as at least the Menasor torso upgrade but 100bux for those three items feels a bit pricy to me :smith:

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

DoctorWhat posted:

I really want the PE hand-and-foot sets for both (well, all) of the combiners as well as at least the Menasor torso upgrade but 100bux for those three items feels a bit pricy to me :smith:

I'm interested in the hand and foot kits for the combiners, but those torso kits really turn me off. Too bulky in a bad way, kinda lackluster design, and man that Superion one looks like he's wearing diaper. I wouldn't mind a replacement head I could just swap out on him though. I'm worried about those horns deteriorating.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I feel like the hands and feet would be enough for me. Further feedback and pictures might convince me to go for the torso upgrades too, maybe. Still I'd rather save the money for Magnus and the protectobots I think.

Then again I'm still considering that overpriced SXS Blitzwing kit so I'm clearly not thinking this well enough.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Captain Blaargh posted:

I'm interested in the hand and foot kits for the combiners, but those torso kits really turn me off. Too bulky in a bad way, kinda lackluster design, and man that Superion one looks like he's wearing diaper. I wouldn't mind a replacement head I could just swap out on him though. I'm worried about those horns deteriorating.

I'm not super-sold on the Bruticus torso either, and I've got exactly zero real interest in Superion's torso (though I'd not mind a new head for him, with better antenna and up/down neck movement) but those feet in particular seem like necessities to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

I preordered the chest bits after being kind of 'Hmmm' on it so I'll give my impressions, I guess!