Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I was leaning towards the A Team van myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

I like the goat coins.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I bought some woodworking tools:
A strap wrench
A kreg jig
A set of various size kreg pocket screws
A square head but for those screws
A Glu-bot wood glue bottle

Some car audio stuff:
Speaker wire
4 gauge power and ground wire
Wire ferrules, heat shrink and lugs for 4 gauge wire
Impact crimper to crimp big lugs

Some other poo poo:
Saddle brown Apple leather case for my 7+ that hasn't shipped yet
LaCie Ruggedkey USB stick
Cut resistant gloves

And MY WIFE got me a Wen drill press for a really early Christmas gift

Monday I'm purchasing a c-section (well, my insurance is) so that I can add MY SON to the list of caps locked people in my family.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Prostitute

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

How'd it go

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ammanas posted:

How'd it go

It was weird seeing mom again.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Because my college campus has a Starbucks right in front of lecture halls and I haemorrhaged so much money last year buying several cups every day. I'll make my own at home and sip it throughout the day instead.

Philips Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock because I've been after an alarm clock and lamp for a while and this rolls both into one, and I've wanted one of those simulated sunrise things for a while now and it was half price in a sale.

Obligatory Foreman grill because I want to eliminate fried foods from my diet.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I just bought a pair of "Yeti" 30oz Ramblers from Aliexpress. They haven't made it here yet, but they're supposed to be good despite being a fraction of the price.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

I bought the same dumb gimmicky grinder last week. Haven't used it, since it's less functional than most grinders.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Well there is my brother's christmas present.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

So there's an annual book fair in the city I live and this year's iteration was this Thursday to Sunday. Went there on Saturday, bought some stuff which mostly was comics in Swedish, but also:

Jacques Tati DVD box, 11 discs with everything he's done - so six feature length films (some in multiple versions) and seven short films. Plus a little book with information about the man and his works. Only Tati film I've actually seen before is Playtime, which is absolutely fantastic, so I figured I should educate myself further on these classics.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

Link please for the love of god

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
What even is that

I mean besides a pokeball

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

FishBulb posted:

What even is that

Grinder for weed :2bong:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Alris posted:

Link please for the love of god

https://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Pokeball-Grinder-Aluminum-STICKER/dp/B01J8NWYVC

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

FREE STICKER sign me the gently caress up

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

FishBulb posted:

What even is that

I was looking at this thread on my phone last night, and thought it was a Pokeball that came apart, and the inside was set with all those LEDs, so when you opened it, loads of bright white light spilled out. (I dunno, I've never played Pokemon.)

I think my invention is better than a weed grinder.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I know I'm an old square, but, why would you wanna grind up your weed? Wouldn't that make it harder to roll up/pack into the pipe? Or is the point to grind it super fine so that when you light it you get a lot more really quickly?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

More surface area!

I break up my weed by hand when rolling joints or blunts, but for a bowl/pipe I like it ground finely.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Aramek posted:

I know I'm an old square, but, why would you wanna grind up your weed? Wouldn't that make it harder to roll up/pack into the pipe? Or is the point to grind it super fine so that when you light it you get a lot more really quickly?

Back when I used to smoke the main reason people enjoyed grinding weed was because most grinder have a filter on the bottom so that some crystals accumulate over time and you end up with some very potent stuff you can smoke. It's like the purest kind of hash you could think of

Also it's much easier to roll joints with weed that is broken up, but it's not like doing it with your fingers takes much time.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Aramek posted:

It's a coarser grind than you'd get from a coffee or spice grinder. The main advantage, as I understand it, is that a bowl of ground weed will burn more evenly and is better at staying lit as it's passed around, so you don't burn right through it by taking a lighter to it after every hit. Secondarily, as mentioned above, it collects the kief that would otherwise wind up sticking to your fingers as you pick it apart by hand.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
You get a much more even, uniform burn when it's not random chunks of plant matter of varying size and density, and it packs much better.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I'm learning lots of things today, thanks thread. I know a bunch of people who do that vapor thingy as well, and it makes sense you want a fine grind for those things.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Our hand-me-down toaster oven finally bit the dust after 11 years so we got a fancy new one

Breville smart oven

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I have the next size up and it's by far the best toaster oven I've owned. My regular oven doesn't get used much anymore.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I wish I had room for a bigger one but that space in front is one of three two foot sections of kitchen counter space that I have. :( drat $600 per square foot real estate.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I wish I had room for a bigger one but that space in front is one of three two foot sections of kitchen counter space that I have. :( drat $600 per square foot real estate.

Hahahaha, my house was like $20 per square foot, goddamn.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

PCOS Bill posted:

Hahahaha, my house was like $20 per square foot, goddamn.

Real estate in my city goes up 30% every year thanks to China. This is what a kitchen in a $25,000,000 Cdn ($19,000,000 US) house looks like on my street - although about 10 miles away.

http://www.rew.ca/properties/R2037930/5240-marine-drive-west-vancouver?direction=desc&sort=price&page=1&property_search=421198048

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Real estate in my city goes up 30% every year thanks to China. This is what a kitchen in a $25,000,000 Cdn ($19,000,000 US) house looks like on my street - although about 10 miles away.

http://www.rew.ca/properties/R2037930/5240-marine-drive-west-vancouver?direction=desc&sort=price&page=1&property_search=421198048

That picture make it look like way worst than it is though

The whole house is ridiculously huge, with a bad rear end piece of land next to the sea, a pool, a sauna, a loving pier and other rich people stuff.

That's kind of what I imagine a 25 000 000$ house to look like.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
maybe a little pricey for being 7,700 square feet, and 65 years old, but its on a GODDAMN CLIFF LOOKING OUT OVER THE GODDAMN OCEAN.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The other counter is in the living room.

No doubt it is a nice rich person house, as any $25 million house should be. But $3,225 per square foot is absurd anywhere in North America.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

No doubt it is a nice rich person house, as any $25 million house should be. But $3,225 per square foot is absurd anywhere in North America.

Yeah, even Hillary has only spent about $2500/sqft to buy the White House.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Welcome to Vancouver, please enjoy your stay.
(Unless you're a foreign buyer, in which case please enjoy your hefty tax hike - because we actually want you to stay, and not just buy property and frig off letting it sit so you can sell it later for more money.)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

blarzgh posted:

maybe a little pricey for being 7,700 square feet, and 65 years old, but its on a GODDAMN CLIFF LOOKING OUT OVER THE GODDAMN OCEAN.

It was just an extreme example. You can't buy a detached house for under $1.5 million anywhere near the city. Maybe I should've used this instead:

$5,000,000. 100+ year old 2,400 sq foot house on a 50 ft x 130 ft land locked lot.

http://www.rew.ca/properties/R2104329/3538-w-29th-avenue-vancouver?direction=asc&sort=price&page=1&property_search=421205024

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, come on down to Dallas, Texas where you can buy a 2,500, 15 year old house thats 15 minutes from downtown for $200,000.00.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Our hand-me-down toaster oven finally bit the dust after 11 years so we got a fancy new one

Breville smart oven

I used a $20 Black and Decker toaster for probably 15+ years before it finally died, and I've gone without for at least a year. The reviews for modern cheap toasters are uniformly terrible so I just tossed Breville's smallest model into my wish list.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

blarzgh posted:

Yeah, come on down to Dallas, Texas where you can buy a 2,500, 15 year old house thats 15 minutes from downtown for $200,000.00.

Real estate in Vancouver/Toronto/Golden Horseshoe is goddamn absurd. My girlfriend just bought a 900sq ft condo in Corktown for 575k.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

There is a condemned house that's been empty, save for squatters, for three years at the end of my road.

It's listed for over 400K.

God bless Portland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Toronto real estate is absurd but Vancouver is like 50% more absurd and no economy to back it up.

UnfortunateSexFart has a new favorite as of 08:57 on Sep 27, 2016