Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

I thought it was good that a big name channel was advocating for plenty of interaction. Maybe we get fewer "well two of these people in the pod are mouth breathers so I guess it's up to me to stop the fourth dude from running away with the game... again..." games this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Railing Kill posted:

I usually run slightly more card advantage and ramp than that, and maybe 5 or 6 board wipes, but generally this is alright.

One thing that CZ noted in their template video was that they shifted the balance from wipes to single target as their group started lowering their mana curves, so be on the lookout for wraths showing up too late if the same happens with your group

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
You want to see me get real hot about the Reserved List? Post Retribution of the Meek.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

That's a great card for oops all utility creatures decks (of which I have many)

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Toshimo posted:

You want to see me get real hot about the Reserved List? Post Retribution of the Meek.

Reserved List has got to be up there on the list of why people proxy (purchased or self-made).

E: At least Retribution of the Meek is under $20. Why the gently caress is the Mana Vault I paid like $3 for a decade ago now $68?

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 20, 2021

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Batterypowered7 posted:

Reserved List has got to be up there on the list of why people proxy (purchased or self-made).

E: At least Retribution of the Meek is under $20. Why the gently caress is the Mana Vault I paid like $3 for a decade ago now $68?

Buddy, we are talking about board wipes and removal. You bring up a loving Mana rock again and I will send your rear end to the Tergrid mines.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Toshimo posted:

Buddy, we are talking about board wipes and removal. You bring up a loving Mana rock again and I will send your rear end to the Tergrid mines.

NO! I'M SORRY!

I-I mean, why is Guan Yu's 1000-Li March like $850?!

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I've got an expensive board wipe for you.

$3,699.99 HP on tcgplayer right now

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Aranan posted:

I've got an expensive board wipe for you.

$3,699.99 HP on tcgplayer right now

This is my chase card because I just like the name and the art so much.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Tabernacle is real good and especially nasty because it's so hard to remove. There's basically no replacement at any dollar value.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Playing Energy Flux against my friend's Lorehold artifact creatures deck is the closest I've come to the Tabernacle experience

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Infinite Karma posted:

Tabernacle is real good and especially nasty because it's so hard to remove. There's basically no replacement at any dollar value.

It is also on the reserve list, but I picked up Pendrell Mists for my Hanna deck, for about $5 around THB and boy howdy does that do work. I've gotten audible groans the couple times its actually hit the battlefield.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Post Malone Secret Lair? Lmao

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
PoMaSeLa

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Merry Blingmas!

https://youtu.be/sxfhy22AFvA

All the decks in that video (showcase, foiled, masterpiece, etc etc) Are going to be up to get via auction for charity

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353820739142 (Narset Bling)

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/arins-narset-enlightened-masterpieces-gk50/ (Narset Decklist)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284576579697 (Atraxa Bling)

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jimmys-atraxa-secret-superfriends-gk50/ (Atraxa Decklist)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353820746789 (Tiamat Bling)

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jlks-dragons-without-borders-gk50/ (Tiamat Decklist)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353820748029 (Saskia Bling)

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/olivias-saskia-showcase-showdown-gk50/ (Saskia Decklist)

Jiro fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Dec 21, 2021

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Those prices are fuckin nuts for cardboard rectangles in a fancy plastic case

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The Shortest Path posted:

Those prices are fuckin nuts for cardboard rectangles in a fancy plastic case

Just think of the cards as a receipt for your charity donation, like the sticker you get when you go vote.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Alright, everyone. What is your favorite huge creature that you'd put into a janky 5 color reanimator/show-and-tell/oath-of-druids deck?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
It that Betrays

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Toshimo posted:

It that Betrays

You disgust me.

My answer is also It That Betrays.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I don't know if it's "good enough" in the era of 2020-2021 Magic Cards, but I won tons of games with a resolved Diluvian Primordial. Sometimes you randomly get Rise of the Dark Realms or some other huge bomb, assuming one or two Wheel effects have gone off. Then again, I don't know how many huge spells people play anymore outside of some Ultimatums as big extra turn spells slowly get Rule 0'd away on many tables. On the plus side, it has mild synergies with Oath with its milling.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Thraximundar. I love him because he hits the table and your opponents have like 3 seconds to comprehend how bad it gets

I also love Sire of Insanity and Master of Cruelties

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Good suggestions. This is the list as it stands as of a few days ago:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Might as well shove some of the other praetors in there while you're at it.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Speaking of cheating things into play...

Seems like the kind of thing that can get real nasty, real fast.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Skios posted:

Speaking of cheating things into play...

Seems like the kind of thing that can get real nasty, real fast.

One of those traps where you gotta make sure your deck works without the Commander 'cause it's just gonna be Kill on Sight, right?

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Batterypowered7 posted:

One of those traps where you gotta make sure your deck works without the Commander 'cause it's just gonna be Kill on Sight, right?
There's no such thing. Every powerful card is "kill on sight," and "dies to removal" means a card is good, not bad.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I think it's neat. Not quite as cool as Yuriko but still nifty.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Turn four ninjutsu Kozilek here I come

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Heath posted:

Turn four ninjutsu Kozilek here I come

Ninjitsu an eldrazi is pretty medium.

Now, Ninjitsu a Blightsteel, that's the stuff.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Yuriko you is functionality a lot stronger than that. But that’s hilarious if they let you keep it.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

So I'm guessing that if this guy ninjas himself to your hand, you don't get the bonus cards?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Gynovore posted:

So I'm guessing that if this guy ninjas himself to your hand, you don't get the bonus cards?

Returning a creature to your hand is part of the cost of ninjutsu so yeah I assume if you use him for it you do not get his ability.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Wouldn't the ability go on the stack when you activate the ninjutsu and then not give a poo poo if it's still around?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gynovore posted:

It should use the same logic/timing as Exploit, so I see no reason you wouldn't.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Toshimo posted:

It should use the same logic/timing as Exploit, so I see no reason you wouldn't.

Exploit is a triggered ability so the creature being sacrificed is part of the resolution of the ability, with ninjutsu it's an activated ability where returning the creature to hand is part of the cost.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I believe he would see himself getting swapped out for a ninja because he would still be in play for ninjutsu to resolve and therefore make the swap happen. The swap doesn’t happen if ninjutsu doesn’t resolve, erego his trigger would go on the stack, I think

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You return him to your hand as part of putting the ability on the stack, even if it gets stifled he is still in your hand. So it depends on what step of activating the ability causes the trigger I suppose.

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

I may be wrong but I think he does see himself get swapped out because hus ability triggers on activation which happens before you pay any costs. At that point I don't think the trigger on the stack cares where NUmezama is when it resolves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Darkoni posted:

I may be wrong but I think he does see himself get swapped out because hus ability triggers on activation which happens before you pay any costs. At that point I don't think the trigger on the stack cares where NUmezama is when it resolves.

Okay cool if it checks before costs are paid then thats awesome.