Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Platystemon posted:

The island’s name is “Kangaroo Island”. No joke.

Multiple fires started from lightning strikes.

Zeus hates koalas.

Knowing Zeus it has to involve extramarital sex and shape shifting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Well yeah, where do you think the Koalas got chlamydia to begin with?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

So Zeus gets chlamydia somehow (curse from the wife I'll bet), passes it along, and then blames it on the koala?
sounds like we cracked the case boys. book him.

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum

Beachcomber posted:

How did the fire get an island? Did it start there separately?

Started there from lightning strikes. For context the island is slightly larger than than the U.S. state of Rhode island, and over 2,100 square kilometres was burnt. Unfortunately from a conversation point if view that part which was burnt was mostly national parks.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

By popular demand posted:

So Zeus gets chlamydia somehow (curse from the wife I'll bet), passes it along, and then blames it on the koala?
sounds like we cracked the case boys. book him.

quote:

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

RichardA posted:

Started there from lightning strikes. For context the island is slightly larger than than the U.S. state of Rhode island, and over 2,100 square kilometres was burnt. Unfortunately from a conversation point if view that part which was burnt was mostly national parks.

In good news, Wollemia nobilis was saved in a secret mission. :yayclod:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:unsmith:

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
A 64-year-old man accidentally ejected himself from a fighter jet at 2,500 feet

If he was having a bad time inside the jet, I can't imagine how bad it felt after he ejected.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The article only states that he was taken to a hospital but I'm certain that he shat himself the moment he saw the plane leaving him behind.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1249829982592888832

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I...

I give up

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Good thing the Undertaker's still around

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

Good thing the Undertaker's still around

does he still have the power to raise the dead or did that go with Paul Bearer because otherwise I have a great idea for what Gorilla Monsoon would have called (hell, will call) a capacity crowd

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

does he still have the power to raise the dead or did that go with Paul Bearer because otherwise I have a great idea for what Gorilla Monsoon would have called (hell, will call) a capacity crowd

He’s currently a badass biker guy again but he can still teleport

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

He’s currently a badass biker guy again but he can still teleport

It's the only way his ragged muscles and shattered bones can even make it to the ring anymore.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/kittynouveau/status/1249871912068620289?s=21

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

(Linda is Vince McMahon's wife)

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

https://twitter.com/SIDEEYEmusic/status/1240303610430455808
https://twitter.com/davidvconway/status/1240380879610040320

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:stare:
You guys can run along, I'll be here a while.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Chile is counting those who died of coronavirus as "recovered" because technically they're no longer contagious.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Trump is definitely mad that none of his team thought of that

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

You can still catch roni from dead bodies so that metric is stupider than it seems at first glance.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/mightbecursed/status/1250260251565117447

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

That's from the English version of the German the onion equivalent so I'm not sure it counts.
https://www.the-postillon.com/2020/04/revenge-is-sweet.html?m=1

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/15/donald-trump-wwe-vince-mcmahon-adviser-economy-12558398/

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

*Vince collapsing gif except it's the economy*

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

AFAIK "Recovered" is commonly used term in these models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6nLfCbAzgo&t=97s

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Not quite as crazy as it sounds. The article leaves out that it's specifically a sporting committee for restarting sports, and also some of the people named on it have said nobody actually told them they were on it so it's probably Trump saying random bullshit.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Lind McMahon runs a super PAC that donated a lot of money to Republicans in Florida recently. This is just grift as usual.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Actually Trump got a lot of companies unto this council.

A lot of them didn’t even know they were on it

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

No, no, I don't believe this.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ah, yes, the performer who had men put their faces up his rear end. That's the one. That's the guy to fix things.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ultrafilter posted:

Lind McMahon runs a super PAC that donated a lot of money to Republicans in Florida recently. This is just grift as usual.

She also ran the SBA under Trump for two years.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Ah, yes, the performer who had men put their faces up his rear end. That's the one. That's the guy to fix things.

what does Kirk Johnson have to do with all this?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

By popular demand posted:

what does Kirk Johnson have to do with all this?

I don't know, ask Secretary of the Treasury, Steve "Named After a Misspelled Pac-Man Clone Piece of Shareware" Mnuchin

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I don't know, ask Secretary of the Treasury, Steve "Named After a Misspelled Pac-Man Clone Piece of Shareware" Mnuchin

Hey, Mnuchin's a pretty conventional Jewish surname. Yishai Menuchin is a well-known human rights activist.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Hey, Mnuchin's a pretty conventional Jewish surname. Yishai Menuchin is a well-known human rights activist.

I know but man you have to allow for some easy dunks on the world's villains every now and then because honestly? you think an appeal to reason gets under a monster's skin more effectively than a cheap playground shot?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

All I care about is trying to decide whether I prefer "Steve Munchin'" or "Steve Munchkin".

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I really hate any news article that goes "Mnuchin was the idiot responsible for Suicide Squad" because it also means you are indirectly saying he's "the genius responsible for Mad Max Fury Road, The Lego Movie, and Sully".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Maryland police issue 'final warning' for residents to wear pants to check mailbox