Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

new yospos background

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

infernal machines posted:

steve's emaciated corpse now spinning so rapidly it's about vaporize into plasma

steve jobs personally approved the 3rd generation ipod shuffle which could only be operated using the proprietary earphones it came with

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i just use the nice headphones apple puts in the box for you. i dont think i've ever plugged in any non apple headphones into my iphone

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Last Chance posted:

i just use the nice headphones apple puts in the box for you. i dont think i've ever plugged in any non apple headphones into my iphone

apple headphones have uniformly terrible sound

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

C.H.O.M.E posted:

yeah this makes total sense. this is like when Lexus makes an exact copy of that Mercedes sedan.

Lexus is going to say "no it is all about the features" and Mercedes is of course going to say "you ripped off our styling"

kinda funny you used that example considering how much of the arguments were taken up by using cars as hypotheticals.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

also after reading the oral arguments there is basically no chance the award doesn't get tossed. the only question is how hard of a time Apple is going to have convincing the new jury that they should get anything more than a laughable pittance per infringing unit.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Shifty Pony posted:

kinda funny you used that example considering how much of the arguments were taken up by using cars as hypotheticals.

not at this distance, your honor

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

C.H.O.M.E posted:

they sound great to me, maybe you got the L/R mixed up when you put them on?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

C.H.O.M.E posted:

good hearing is an edge case

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

THC posted:

steve jobs personally approved the 3rd generation ipod shuffle which could only be operated using the proprietary earphones it came with

apple is good at uis
*makes a music player you control with morse code*

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

C.H.O.M.E posted:

not at this distance, your honor

lawyer: objection, your honor: all new cars look identical anyway
your honor: upheld

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

exploding mummy posted:

no one mentioned that yesterday the scotus heard the samsung/apple arguments in which samsung argues that people are more attracted to the features of a phone while apple said that consumers want something that looks cool

yeah cool to the touch

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

atomicthumbs posted:

lawyer: objection, your honor: all new cars look identical anyway
your honor: upheld

raceist

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

atomicthumbs posted:

I have free, high-quality premium apps, and all I had to do was sell my soul and marketing data to google on the regular

your purchasing habits are worth much more than your soul

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
id rather have the lexus. german engineering blows

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Maximum Leader posted:

id rather have the lexus. german engineering blows

japanese engineering out of the water

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i bought an iPhone SE. is T-Mobile still the best provider if i bring my own and only wanta single line? because their base plan is 70 bucks pee month and that's kinda ridic

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

I just throw mine on the 1gig plan for $55/mo, a bunch of steaming stuff doesn't count against the data cap so who really cares about unlimited. if you're doing a single line on the other carriers you're looking at 90/mo so its still a better deal but once you start doing multiple lines its kinda a wash

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i bought an iPhone SE. is T-Mobile still the best provider if i bring my own and only wanta single line? because their base plan is 70 bucks pee month and that's kinda ridic

nah use cricket

e: unless you travel internationally a lot, in which case, t-mo is real good

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

I just throw mine on the 1gig plan for $55/mo, a bunch of steaming stuff doesn't count against the data cap so who really cares about unlimited. if you're doing a single line on the other carriers you're looking at 90/mo so its still a better deal but once you start doing multiple lines its kinda a wash

my att with grandfathered unlimited is only like $70

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

bump_fn posted:

my att with grandfathered unlimited is only like $70

I gave that up for tmob and it came out to 90+ a mo even with employer discount because they were changing extra for texts plus a couple other stupid addons and they would royally gently caress me every time I went to canada

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Dodoman posted:

japanese engineering out of the water

hahaha no

remember all those volkswagens that ended up with engine coolant filling up the taillamp housings?

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

nah use cricket

e: unless you travel internationally a lot, in which case, t-mo is real good

does their visual voicemail work on BYOD?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

hahaha no

remember all those volkswagens that ended up with engine coolant filling up the taillamp housings?

mercedes is not volkswagen

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

does their visual voicemail work on BYOD?

looks like

https://www.cricketwireless.com/support/apps-and-services/manage-my-voicemail/customer/set-up-your-voicemail.html

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Dodoman posted:

mercedes is not volkswagen

they both built vehicles for the Nazis, but Mercedes' worked, drat it!

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

nice. I did straighttalk for a while and the service was fine but they refused to configure visualvoicemail with byod and that killed it for me

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
reminder that during the space race, the USA spent multiple trillions of dollars of taxpayer money developing a space pen and the Russians just used a pencil

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Wild EEPROM posted:

reminder that during the space race, the USA spent multiple trillions of dollars of taxpayer money developing a space pen and the Russians just used a pencil

triggered

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wild EEPROM posted:

urban legend. they never used pencils because graphite dust could interfere with the electronics

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Wild EEPROM posted:

at this point i can't tell if this is a clever troll, deliberate irony, or genuine naivete

(both nations used grease pencils on plastic charts until the Fisher Space Pen was developed independently and NASA bought it)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Mister Macys posted:

urban legend. they never used pencils because graphite dust could interfere with the electronics

oh yeah? tell us more

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

the moon landing was real

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
space pen is cool imo

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

C.H.O.M.E posted:

space pen is? cool, imo

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
So, just in case anyone was still on the Dash developer's side of things.

All the lovely utility apps on the "relative's" developer account were developed by the dude himself, and were still being developed by him in the time period that the review fraud was happening, which proves the other account was still being used by him and not some relative he bears no responsibility for.

LOL that Marco Arment et al are trying to save face after defending the guy.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

C.H.O.M.E posted:

space penis

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

at this point i can't tell if this is a clever troll, deliberate irony, or genuine naivete

(both nations used grease pencils on plastic charts until the Fisher Space Pen was developed independently and NASA bought it)

russia bought a bunch too because

C.H.O.M.E posted:

space pen is cool imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

• Locked thread