Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

SynthOrange posted:

Horrifying sidenote: Those struts are actually using his teeth and gum texture due to code/space limitations.

oh

oh god

oh god I can see the teeth on the side of the struts oh no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I love how Maluco Marinero is meticulously trying to mod the game to carefully change the focus of combat and stuff

Meanwhile in SynthOrange land:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SynthOrange posted:

Horrifying sidenote: Those struts are actually using his teeth and gum texture due to code/space limitations.

:stonklol:

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

I'm in chrome and sometimes the steam links don't show as images for me either, but sometimes they do. The guy asking for mods and then wussing out when they were too hard had the same issue with his steam screenshots for me.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
A Laura Bailey voicepack :swoon:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

SynthOrange posted:

Oh nooooooooooo

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Bradford and I are the same exact age and there is no way I'll be alive in 2035

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

karma_coma posted:

Bradford and I are the same exact age and there is no way I'll be alive in 2035

How do you feel about vomiting military troops out of your mouth and/or rear end?

edit: Speaking of characters' ages, I love when I see a streamer/youtuber look at a recruit's birth year and be like "2010?? They're not SIX years old, that's gotta be a bug!" :allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahah, Bradford just went "Once this is all over we should take this ship and go colonize one of their planets."

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

CJacobs posted:

How do you feel about vomiting military troops out of your mouth and/or rear end?

edit: Speaking of characters' ages, I love when I see a streamer/youtuber look at a recruit's birth year and be like "2010?? They're not SIX years old, that's gotta be a bug!" :allears:

Well with some of the generated backgrounds it had to be, since I've had soldiers get kicked out of the military at age eight.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Kwyndig posted:

Well with some of the generated backgrounds it had to be, since I've had soldiers get kicked out of the military at age eight.

Yeah, the age is fine but the backgrounds that mention what they did before/during the invasion always have impossible timelines.

Deadmeat
Jul 18, 2006

If you browse the forums via https, the website's headers tell your browser to upgrade all links to https. This breaks your image because the https version of that URL doesn't have a matching valid certificate.

If you change the forum's URL back to just http, no upgrading happens and the images will appear.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Kwyndig posted:

Once aliens show up there's gonna be some child soldier laws getting repealed right quick.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I don't think they would have let literal children into the Xcom project, unless Bradford mistook animes for historical documentaries.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

May havoc never leave us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gok2tX3oZx0

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I think the last of the bugs are ironed out.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

SynthOrange posted:

I kind of want to put tentacles on the face for full Cronenberg

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
shen warned us about this

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

toasterwarrior posted:

shen warned us about this

Turns out he died for an entirely different reason - not willing to do what it took to win.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

SynthOrange posted:

I really don't want to see the interior.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

ChickenHeart posted:

I really don't want to see the interior.

You have come to a world called Vore...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
the aliens were loving right

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Christ alive.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Now do that same screenshot but with the Bradfordranger expelling a bunch of Bradford recruits.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

All hail the Fleshranger

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I am laughing out of horror.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

"WE'RE LOSING CIVILIANS LEFT AND RIGHT, COMMANDER!"

Joust fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Mar 27, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

After 5 failed skullmining attempts in a row, 2 from the first roll and 3 from the second, I am about done bringing this stupid thing along ever again

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

nightmarish, but it really needs the teeth'n'gum struts/landing gear back

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hm, yeah this'll do.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
jfc

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Hm, yeah this'll do.

here we go

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=653926741

HERE WE GO

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
If you take the Bradfordvenger on a mission, the enemy should start out disoriented for a few turns.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Dogen posted:

If you take the Bradfordvenger on a mission, the enemy should start out disoriented for a few turns.

Just the enemy?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
When some fun hating rear end in a top hat inevitably gets your mod removed because of using audio clips, you need to get some goons together to sing obnoxious remakes.

You know, like that one episode of the commanders guide that had custom sounds. :allears:

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Does anyone know how to open CCC files? I'm going to try my hand at making a voice mod but already I am tripping up at the first step. Googling it just gives me pages about ransomware that encrypt your poo poo to CCC files but I doubt Tom Clancy's Endwar has these as sound files :haw:

EDIT: nevermind, seems the game also has .sb0 files. I'll see if I can work with those.

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 27, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

that soldier's codename is BALLPIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Is there some weird rule about Null Lance that I'm not aware of? I've only used it twice and both times (on separate missions) it simply went right through the enemies and did exactly nothing. No ! Missed or anything. Most recently I tried against a Codex and an Archon that were wide open, no cover, and my psi dude did his thing to zero effect. I'm really bad at this game.