Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Lol if you still go out into the public feeling entitled to a pleasurable experience. You just bought into society, and it's probably a capitalist one.

Tubgoat posted:

Judging by the outraged incredulity in this thread, A LOT of people want to hear people's stupid kids' banshee wailing in most venues. :stonkhat:
I understand much more than I want to, but I am incapable of understanding that.

Surely you can relate to a helpless creature publicly airing out its suffering in front of strangers, hoping for validation and relief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I don't love money, but honestly, I think I probably like it better than everything else.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
People who are so anti child are amusing to me, children are often obnoxiously loud but they are as much a part of society as all the rude, arrogant and selfish adults out there.

Just lol at the thought of someone complaining about a loud child in a restaurant or plane. Stay at home and cook your own meals or holiday in places that you can travel privately in.

Don't criticise social norms when you are only willing to engage in society for your benefit. The world doesn't revolve around your needs

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

Watch the episode "The Magnificent Ferengi." It's sort of like Seven Samurai but you also have Iggy Pop playing a Dominion alien and it rules.

The Cardassians on DS9 are so great. I kind of wanted to see Gul Dukat and Garak hatefuck each other.

House of Quark is my favorite Ferengi centered episode but The Magnificent Ferengi is probably the best one.

And yeah, Dukat and Garak are two of the best characters in all of Star Trek. (And by extension Civil Defense is probably the best episode of Deep Space Nine.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
PHUO: People need to stop generating new children until we have the massive loving backlog of parentless (orphaned, surrendered or otherwise) children adopted out to loving families. Also, insisting that your child have your own genes is the most harmfully narcissistic thing possible, as if for some reason they're somehow more precious and deserving of care and protection than if they fell out of a stranger. You want to be responsible for making GBS threads a new sentient, eventually-sapient life into being? You have absolutely no room to make moral judgments on others who don't, all else being equal.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I don't like children at all. I find them annoying. (I used to be one myself, so I speak from experience.)

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I used to categorically dislike them, but then in the perpetual adolescence of modern American life post-college, I realised that the things "mature" adults complain about teenagers complaining about are nigh-exclusively symptoms of capitalism and that said teenagers are 100% correct on those points.
Still can't deal with babies in the "wordlessly screaming and pooping" stage. I wish them no ill will but am not up to dealing with that.
Choosing to poo poo a child into being is on you, should you choose to bring a pregnancy to term, but once they can retain information, it is the collective responsibility of everyone that interacts with them to ensure they're presented with the most accurate and up-to-date information possible.
If you coerce an unprepared mother-to-be into keeping an unwanted pregnancy against her wishes, you are responsible for ruining no fewer than two human lives.

Tubgoat has a new favorite as of 14:31 on Dec 10, 2018

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

CrRoMa has a new favorite as of 23:12 on Jan 30, 2019

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

:yikes:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Rockstar games make OK games. Not great, but OK. Everything Grand Theft Auto did was done better in Saint's Row, LA Noire is an awkward and largely unsuccessful attempt to combine an open world game with a point and click adventure, and the first Red Dead Redemption was kinda boring and had a dumb plot.

I haven't played RDR2 yet but I'm assuming that in six months general opinion of it will have noticeably dropped. Like, People won't think it's bad, but they'll generally regard it as a flawed but fun game.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Lol "western" world is the financially responsible one, that made war with the "east" to conquer their resources, and then down the line they both decided "Ya know that continent where homo sapiens originated? gently caress everyone and everything living there, let's divvy it up between ourselves with no regard for anyone who lives there."

Lemme spell it out for ya: if you birth a child tomorrow, that child will be in their 20s when their environment will no longer possess the conditions to support a non-catastrophic life. By bringing new life into the world, you are condemning them to guaranteed suffering made unavoidable by our reverence of people exhibiting antisocial personality disorder.

Ain't nothing backward about purposefully raising someone else's DNA, thst's what the gently caress a village does, and we are a global village, even if the most unassailably powerful treat us all like a giant ant farm exclusively for their own benefit.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

CrRoMa has a new favorite as of 23:14 on Jan 30, 2019

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Tubgoat posted:

I used to categorically dislike them
"Used to".

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Yes, that is indeed what I typed.

CrRoMa posted:

If you want me to impregnate a woman and then you raise the child then that's definitely a genetic win for me and a genetic loss for you
Nice human race you got there, be a shame if they were to all average out into a healthy tan pigmentation and abolish the concepts of ethnicity and gender in favor of one unified species.

Go get crushed by your own burning cross.

Tubgoat has a new favorite as of 14:54 on Dec 10, 2018

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Rockstar games make OK games. Not great, but OK. Everything Grand Theft Auto did was done better in Saint's Row, LA Noire is an awkward and largely unsuccessful attempt to combine an open world game with a point and click adventure, and the first Red Dead Redemption was kinda boring and had a dumb plot.

I haven't played RDR2 yet but I'm assuming that in six months general opinion of it will have noticeably dropped. Like, People won't think it's bad, but they'll generally regard it as a flawed but fun game.

I think that opinion is pretty much already firmed up. I love my cowboy flower picking simulator, but it is a janky glitchy poo poo fest with a horrible inventory system.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

CrRoMa has a new favorite as of 23:14 on Jan 30, 2019

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Whoosh.

And also :holymoley: and :yikes:.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

CrRoMa posted:

People who are so anti child are amusing to me, children are often obnoxiously loud but they are as much a part of society as all the rude, arrogant and selfish adults out there.

Just lol at the thought of someone complaining about a loud child in a restaurant or plane. Stay at home and cook your own meals or holiday in places that you can travel privately in.

Don't criticise social norms when you are only willing to engage in society for your benefit. The world doesn't revolve around your needs

restaurant
theatre
plane
art museum
wine tasting

One of these things is not like the others and it's perfectly fine to bring your baby to it, guess which

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Restaurants are nice a i go to them occasionally, the other 4 are upmarket past times for tory wankers who can afford childcare so *shrug*

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think that opinion is pretty much already firmed up. I love my cowboy flower picking simulator, but it is a janky glitchy poo poo fest with a horrible inventory system.

I dunno, it won and was nominated for a lot of awards at The Game Awards

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I say old chap, have you tried the new KLM flight from Amsterdam to Denver with the Madrid stopover? It's simply divine.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Their physics engine produces amazing comedy but definitely needs to be upgraded. I think it’s a 10/10 game that has far and away the best storytelling and acting I’ve ever seen in a video game but all the criticisms of it are perfectly justified.

For the record re: Rock Star I think the first RDR is fun but hardly one of my favorite games. I liked LA Noire but never finished it. Never played a GTA game but I do love Saints Row 2 and 3.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I have literally no reason to go to either of these places. I dont gently caress whores and i dont do drugs.

TBF Colorado is probably the state id most like to visit but then that would involve traveling to the USA and thats way down my bucket list narrowly behind "becoming a paraplegic" and "dying" so it'll have to wait

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CrRoMa posted:

I dont gently caress whores and i dont do drugs.

A: Unless you're Danny Devito, calling sex workers "whores" makes you sound like a serial killer

B: weed isn't a drug you nerd

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

CrRoMa posted:

thats way down my bucket list narrowly behind "becoming a paraplegic" and "dying" so it'll have to wait

It sounds like you would get along great with the lighter-skinned residents of Mississippi, Tennessee and Alabama.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CrRoMa posted:

The world doesn't revolve around your needs

I'm 18-34 and white, sure it does.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Gripweed posted:

A: Unless you're Danny Devito, calling sex workers "whores" makes you sound like a serial killer

B: weed isn't a drug you nerd

Of course its not but all my friends who went to Amsterdam when we were younger are all raving coke heads now so remain vigilant.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Cocaine's a legitimate medical supply, NOT a recreational drug.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Acid and shrooms should be legal god dammit

Drop a few tabs, don some noise-cancelling headphones,and have the best overseas flight of your life.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cocaine is harmless. In the 1800's they used to call it the "nanny drug."

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Tubgoat posted:

Cocaine's a legitimate medical supply, NOT a recreational drug.

Could you come here and tell the people of Northumberland that?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Acid and shrooms should be legal god dammit

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
PHUO: Advertisements for sales aren't news, they're loving advertisements, no matter how much time they take up between paid commercials.

Europeans: Uh, no poo poo? :stare:
Yankees: Whaddaya mean it's not news!? :catstare:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I don't use any drugs but they should probably be legal because it seems like there's a lot of money to be made off them.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
That, and if you actually have an addiction for which you want treatment, you should be able to get treatment for it without providing even more uncompensated labor to Capital.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Tubgoat posted:

That, and if you actually have an addiction for which you want treatment, you should be able to get treatment for it without providing even more uncompensated labor to Capital.

I don't understand, how would this help make anyone money?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I don't understand, how would this help make anyone money?

If it was legal, perhaps the government could tax people into sobriety. :v:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

CrRoMa posted:

I dont gently caress whores and i dont do drugs.

Perhaps you should start, might improve your disposition.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
All drugs sound be legal.

But have you noticed all the people on drugs seem to have a lot of defects and aren't good at behaving themselves and doing what they're told? Why they gotta be such fuckups? Why can't you just go to work, pay your taxes, and do a whole 8-ball before you go to work again?

poo poo, weekend? Do more Coke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think there's anything especially wrong with being greedy.