Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

is there anything that degrades the quality of life of rural people more than soda and prescription pain killers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Nonsense posted:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/late-rid-fbi-director-james-comey-trump/story?id=46746596

'It's not too late' to get rid of FBI Director James Comey, Trump says

Yet another person used and discarded by :smugdon:

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
"what should our platform be?"

"america first, no globalism!"

"cool, got any foreign agents i can surround myself with?"

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

comingafteryouall posted:

there's actually a great story about Ryan Lochte getting sick at the Beijing Olympics after eating at a local place and refusing to eat anything but the McDonalds in the Olympic village.

he raced OK but general consensus is eating nothing but the golden arches didn't help him (but I guess it is better than making GBS threads in the pool)

also the mcnugget is the pinnacle of what america has contributed to cuisine

that's not sarcasm, mcnuggets loving own

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Fbi director serves at the pleasure of the president. trump could have fired him day 1 if he wanted to.

although optics

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

eonwe posted:

I honestly don't understand how letting US citizens register as foreign agents and let them just chill around the president could possibly be kosher

seems insanely dumb and bad to me

if the president wants to call his old buddy manafort who is gonna stop him? batman?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

i bet bruce wayne would have voted trump

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

is there anything that degrades the quality of life of rural people more than soda and prescription pain killers?

Pickup trucks

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Gringostar posted:

I've seen vegetarians switch for mcnuggets

and I understand exactly why

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pickup trucks

country music

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

coastal elites

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pickup trucks

Coal mines.

Incest laws.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Fbi director serves at the pleasure of the president. trump could have fired him day 1 if he wanted to.

although optics

his supporters will think he's being a strong daddy if he fires comey because nothing matters

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Gringostar posted:

yo you heard of a hamburger? take some meat and stick it on a bun with some cheese. A+

Apr 7, 2003

Coolguye posted:

country music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eIntnHarCg

I thought this was satire at first

Serf
May 5, 2011

Coolguye posted:

if they're registered as foreign agents they're exposed to a great deal more scrutiny and are forbidden from doing a lot of important things like getting security clearances

it's sorta how radioactivity isn't really a big deal unless you don't know it's there. if you know something is kicking off enough gamma waves to give you boils on your nutsack inside of 10 minutes you can take preventative measures and it's fine. it's when you don't know that your balls turn black and fall off in the shower.

we are both going to know, and let our balls fall off in the shower while screaming that we are doing neither of those things

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

ex post facho posted:

yo you heard of a hamburger? take some meat and stick it on a bun with some cheese. A+

mcnuggets > burger

fite me

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

we were poor, we were ugly, we were all best friends

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Gringostar posted:

mcnuggets > burger

fite me

put the mcnuggets in a burger

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
once my mom gave me money to buy a bus pass but i missed the bus pass part so i went to mcdonalds with my friends and ate mcnuggets

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IIgzZpuv6A

Somehow this isn't satire.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

although optics

trump kept him on because he thinks/thought comey would be a loyal stooge(he may very well have been) but its clear that comey sees the writing on the wall and that trump is an idiot and was probably influenced/helped/compromised by putin and trump and friends are really terrible at hiding it. it doesnt help that trump poo poo on the IC community and basicaly called the FBI traitors a few times.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Just got back in, I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that Tillerson got dunked on nonstop by actual diplomats and add in a chaser bet that he tried to be all huff and puff strongman like Bannon did

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Admiral Ray posted:

that's just called a chicken sandwich

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

trump had charlie murphy murdered

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Admiral Ray posted:

mcnugget mcrib

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

i spent a weekend hacking on a software routine that was supposed to make music procedurally based upon established conventions with a buddy one time

we started out on blues, and managed to make something that sounded okay because of the "blues box" but we still had to give it a beat and stuff manually.

then we tried country and got so close within 4 hours of work that we had to knock it off because it was some uncanny valley poo poo.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

TexasGirl1 year ago (edited)
born in Mississippi, was raised on a farm and lived near a small town. I'm a totally country girl. a Girl who prefers to be around horses and hay. not in malls and spas. instead of driving a fancy convertible I drive a truck. and believe me I Love It!!!! Where i grew up we drove trucks.I Love this song because it reflects My lifestyle and how i was raised. I left my home for 4 years to go to college with my closest friends but Man i was so homesick I almost didn't make it to my graduation but I did and the Second i did My girl fiends and I came home rent a house in our small town. I realize that the life i lived its the life i want to continue. its my soul and my heart that is a country, and i'm Proud of who i am!!! this is Such as amazing song!!!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gringostar posted:

Ikr

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Think about this, the political power of the Clintons declined when Bill Clinton stopped eating mcdonalds

what more evidence you need?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Coolguye posted:

i spent a weekend hacking on a software routine that was supposed to make music procedurally based upon established conventions with a buddy one time

we started out on blues, and managed to make something that sounded okay because of the "blues box" but we still had to give it a beat and stuff manually.

then we tried country and got so close within 4 hours of work that we had to knock it off because it was some uncanny valley poo poo.

the only thing more mindless to make than country music is acid

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/852239296673320961

quote:

“I think our dollar is getting too strong, and partially that’s my fault because people have confidence in me. But that’s hurting—that will hurt ultimately,” he added. “Look, there’s some very good things about a strong dollar, but usually speaking the best thing about it is that it sounds good.”

He continued, “It’s very, very hard to compete when you have a strong dollar and other countries are devaluing their currency.”

[...]

Asked if Ms. Yellen was “toast” when her term ends in 2018, Mr. Trump said, “No, not toast.”

“I like her, I respect her,” Mr. Trump said, noting that the two have sat and talked in the Oval Office. “It’s very early.”

[...]

Mr. Trump also made a full reversal from the campaign by stating his support for the U.S. Export-Import Bank. The president said he planned to fill two vacancies on the bank’s board, which has been effectively paralyzed with three open seats on its five-member board.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Gringostar posted:

chicken mcnugget sandwich.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LMAO

everything trump promises, you get the opposite. owns.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

oh my god Jinping fuckin' steamrolled trump hahaha

Apr 7, 2003

Admiral Ray posted:

we were poor, we were ugly, we were all best friends

when that guy played in Pittsburgh, his fans came into town and left this wonderful gift for us:

True America

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Epic High Five posted:

Just got back in, I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that Tillerson got dunked on nonstop by actual diplomats and add in a chaser bet that he tried to be all huff and puff strongman like Bannon did

I bet he tried to pull the aw shucks "listen folks I'm an oilman" routine which just made everyone want to go gently caress him up more.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Admiral Ray posted:

chicken mcnugget sandwich.

That's just called a chicken sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

TexasGirl1 year ago (edited)
born in Mississippi, was raised on a farm and lived near a small town. I'm a totally country girl. a Girl who prefers to be around horses and hay. not in malls and spas. instead of driving a fancy convertible I drive a truck. and believe me I Love It!!!! Where i grew up we drove trucks.I Love this song because it reflects My lifestyle and how i was raised. I left my home for 4 years to go to college with my closest friends but Man i was so homesick I almost didn't make it to my graduation but I did and the Second i did My girl fiends and I came home rent a house in our small town. I realize that the life i lived its the life i want to continue. its my soul and my heart that is a country, and i'm Proud of who i am!!! this is Such as amazing song!!!!

Bryson Smith8 months ago (edited)
a very close friend of mine died and this song played at his funeral so every time I hear this song I think of the good times.

• Locked thread