Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Das Boo posted:

Man, I liked The Shining parody. The writers watched the movie and it really added to it!

No, Shinning! Do you want to get sued?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Das Boo posted:

Man, I liked The Shining parody. The writers watched the movie and it really added to it!

I've still never seen The Shining in my life, but their parody was so funny :D

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Das Boo posted:

"That's weird. Usually the blood gets off on the second floor..."

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The Parasite one actually sounds like it could be funny if they had the classic team on it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PostNouveau posted:

Like the Parasite parody, it seems like it was written by someone who watched the original source material once while playing phone games the whole time.

This is pretty much what gets infuriating about modern Simpsons, it's clearly written with the absolute bare minimum of effort because they can get away with it.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Scene in the top right looks right out of deviant art

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
They used to bother coming up with clever names when they parodied a product, didn't they? Now 'TikTok' is just TikTok.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

n&ns

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Mapple

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

For you see, the joke is Homer was carrying away one of the mascots to eat!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It was in the corner you might have missed it.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Imagined posted:

They used to bother coming up with clever names when they parodied a product, didn't they? Now 'TikTok' is just TikTok.

Honestly I think they mostly avoided brand names altogether and just came up with Springfield equivalents when they wanted to joke about an industry? Like having Krusty Burger instead of WcDonalds or something.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Tenebrais posted:

Honestly I think they mostly avoided brand names altogether and just came up with Springfield equivalents when they wanted to joke about an industry? Like having Krusty Burger instead of WcDonalds or something.

The joke in that screen is that they were all bad knockoffs of actual brands though.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
Bort

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Imagined posted:

Seems like one of the policies from the Disney buyout at least in some circumstances, which is probably a minor improvement.

Even the good seasons were inconsistent on it, but at least made some effort one way or another. Like using Duff, Krusty or Itchy and Scratchy for licensed stuff, which also means they can tie in their existing running gags and elements.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

The_Rob posted:

The joke in that screen is that they were all bad knockoffs of actual brands though.

right, it's not that the names themselves are supposed to be funny or clever

it's making fun of this

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyhbWlSiDnY

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Click and die and like and subscribe!!! hahahahahahah!!! HAH! HAH! HAH! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i went ahead and re-watched the radioactive man movie episode andd i actually like it even more now than i did when i was younger. i don't even really remember why i originally had a problem with it. there's great rapid fire jokes from beginning to end. and once again, the 'do it for me, the Mickster' line still kills.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Mr Interweb posted:

i went ahead and re-watched the radioactive man movie episode andd i actually like it even more now than i did when i was younger. i don't even really remember why i originally had a problem with it. there's great rapid fire jokes from beginning to end. and once again, the 'do it for me, the Mickster' line still kills.

Yeah that's a classic. I can't think of any problems with it.

These days it would be Bart cast, Homer would ruin it for him by making increasingly wacky demands, and it would be packed full of guest appearances from Arvel franchise movie actors. "Hi Bart!" "Wow, it's Titanium Man, Robert Downey Jr!"

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Yeah that's a classic. I can't think of any problems with it.

These days it would be Bart cast, Homer would ruin it for him by making increasingly wacky demands, and it would be packed full of guest appearances from Arvel franchise movie actors. "Hi Bart!" "Wow, it's Titanium Man, Robert Downey Jr!"

Haven't they started using actual marvel names since they're both owned by Disney? So it would just be a half hour long commercial for the upcoming Marvel movies.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

CodfishCartographer posted:

Haven't they started using actual marvel names since they're both owned by Disney? So it would just be a half hour long commercial for the upcoming Marvel movies.

https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/The_Good,_The_Bart,_and_The_Loki

Yes

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Mr Interweb posted:

Oh yeah it gets better when you learn more of the references. Like the Scoutmaster bit is great as a Batman parody without even knowing he’s supposed to be Paul Lynde. “You’re fired. And with good cause!” is so good.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
To their credit that actually looks more interesting than the actual Avengers even if that aint saying much
Gimme that aztec themed hero asap, crack some skulls with that macuahuitl

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Why is Black Panther also Dr. Facilier? Because Disney only has 2 black guys in their roster?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Marble Studios

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The Mimpsons

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Featuring Momer, Harge, Mart, Misa, and Baggie!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Matt Mroening

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Featuring Momer, Harge, Mart, Misa, and Baggie!

It's Magaggie's birthday

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/animatedplus/status/1448368322857160705?s=21

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

this looks like tim b^uckley drew it

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Yeah I hate it when I can’t find the remote

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Everyone is so super serious in their fighting stance, and then you’ve got Plant Woman like “:geno: Yeah, I’m a woman made of plants, I guess *sigh* :geno:” and Scrote Throat checking his phone.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You know what the series finale needs? The female characters as ninjas.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

You know what the series finale needs? The female characters as ninjas.

Seriously though I feel preemptively sorry for whoever is gonna be tasked with writing an ending to the Simpsons. Kobayashi Maru poo poo.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Homer finally goes too far and strangles Bart to death. He gets the chair.

In the b-plot, Lisa and Marge open a store on mEtsy.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Mr Interweb posted:

Yeah, some people say that the plots for the older episodes were bad as well but the difference is that even the dumb stories usually had lots of funny jokes and quotable lines. Eventually it gets to a point where the jokes get worse and worse over time until you get whatever the current iteration is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Our nightmare will never end lol