Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Yeah, I suppose if they play up the "is kinda badass and as confident as Drogo" angle it would make more sense than GOLDEN MOUSTACHIOS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
The Daaaaaaaario actor reminds me a lot of Tom Hardy.

"Oh, you think shittiness is your ally? You merely adopted the poo poo; I was born in it, moulded by it."

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis
He's literally a white Jason Momoa, that's why they cast some noname in the role.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

The Mutato posted:

Oh god here is my chapter. I had to get incredibly drunk to do that bit at the end, why couldn't I choose a BDSM chapter like normal people.

Dude, what the gently caress? Where was the overlong 'tribute' to Shakespeare? Where was the satanic imagery? Where were the Wu-Tang Clan references? Where was the WCW?! That poo poo's the loving draw. That's where the loving money is.

Do you get what the gently caress we're trying to do here? Do you?! If I was your editor I'd slap you in the face with a poo poo-Dick Dildo®! Now sober up and get back to work. gently caress!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Should have cast Joe Flanagan as Daario.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson

Arbite posted:

Dude, what the gently caress? Where was the overlong 'tribute' to Shakespeare? Where was the satanic imagery? Where were the Wu-Tang Clan references? Where was the WCW?! That poo poo's the loving draw. That's where the loving money is.

Do you get what the gently caress we're trying to do here? Do you?! If I was your editor I'd slap you in the face with a poo poo-Dick Dildo! Now sober up and get back to work. gently caress!

More :russo:. Got it.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Brb got to go edit in references to the 36 chambers of the dragon palace and the 36 sex techniques of the dragon cocklords, and RZA is captain of the guard now

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

bigmcgaffney posted:

RZA is captain of the guard now

I approve of this. The Captain will fit right in with the Lord Executioner this way.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Well things just took a wild turn.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
I've never been so happy about anything my life. Oh Daario.

Oh, Daario. I love him so much I should train to be an entomologist so I can name a new insect O. Daario.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Strong Belwas? :ohdear:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
A cat singing the Theme to Game of Thrones: not really.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

In It For The Tank posted:

The Daaaaaaaario actor reminds me a lot of Tom Hardy.

"Oh, you think shittiness is your ally? You merely adopted the poo poo; I was born in it, moulded by it."

I don't see it. For starters, Tom Hardy is gorgeous.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

SpannerX posted:

A cat singing the Theme to Game of Thrones: not really.

Our Bad Thread music is far better.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

IRQ posted:

Our Bad Thread music is far better.

I don't doubt it.

There were other ones on the Mefi post that one came from, but the were all meh as well.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I need to get more recognition for that Baron Harkonnen poo poo I was spewing earlier. It was beeewutiful.

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis

They're cutting him.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Rape Jake. posted:

They're cutting him.

Called it. Worst show.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ok jerks, I'm getting set to write my chapter tonight. I have a fifth of gin and some vague ideas. Your task is to think of horrible things I should work in as references.

Lime pie, horse dancing, and a bad thread is what I've got so far.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Chrono Cross being better than Chrono Trigger, which I can't argue with because I've only played Cross so its by better by default

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I haven't played either of those so I don't know how I would reference them. :(

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

bigmcgaffney posted:

Chrono Cross being better than Chrono Trigger, which I can't argue with because I've only played Cross so its by better by default

Finally, someone who understands. Chrono Cross was so much better than Chrono Trigger in every way. Great soundtrack on that game too.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

IRQ posted:

Work in scatplay, and the line "Your growth is exponential if you consume the excremental."

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Great soundtrack on that game too.

No doubt, its the only game I ever went out and bought the soundtrack for.

Edit: describe a trouser snake as an "erectile reptile"

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Finally, someone who understands. Chrono Cross was so much better than Chrono Trigger in every way. Great soundtrack on that game too.

"Shadow Forest" is just about the most relaxing piece of music of all time.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Rape Jake. posted:

They're cutting him.

He always lets them cut him once.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Azure_Horizon posted:

"Shadow Forest" is just about the most relaxing piece of music of all time.

My hilariously inept metadata has it listed as "Forest of Cutting Shadows". I'm going through it now and I remember all these songs clear as day. My favorite was the opening song "Time's Scar", which fills me with nostalgia. Ironically, the cinematic discusses the nostalgia of a time when things were carefree. They really went balls out with the orchestration, except for that super lovely electric guitar riff in the rock band's song.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

emanresu tnuocca posted:

He always lets them cut him once.
What is Strong may never be truly cut, but rises again covered in poo poo and vomit.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Strong Belwas, like most of the elements within it, doesn't add enough to Dany's plot to justify paying someone to play him. They'll probably just have Barristan duel the Mereenese champion or whoever it was.

Hopefully they'll keep the making GBS threads.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ambiguatron posted:

Strong Belwas, like most of the elements within it, doesn't add enough to Dany's plot to justify paying someone to play him. They'll probably just have Barristan duel the Mereenese champion or whoever it was.

Hopefully they'll keep the making GBS threads.

Only if they skip him perving out on Dany and you know how mad that would make Gurm.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

IRQ posted:

Only if they skip him perving out on Dany and you know how mad that would make Gurm.

So, like, is Dany Gurm's mary sue? Oh my stars.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Anyone with a sex or food scene is a GRRM Mary Sue.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

The world of A Song of Ice and Fire © ™ is GRRM's fractured imagination. In his mind, he is both the fat creepo and the hot teenage girl forced to lick his cheese, so that in their mingling one cannot tell who has the cock and who has the gunt.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Anyone with a sex or food scene is a GRRM Mary Sue.

Lemoncake is fat, white, and made out of a gelatinous mass oh poo poo

*Book tumbles from my frozen hands in slow motion*

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.
Daario is exactly the kind of man GRRM would love if GRRM could be a 15 year old girl.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

bigmcgaffney posted:

My hilariously inept metadata has it listed as "Forest of Cutting Shadows". I'm going through it now and I remember all these songs clear as day. My favorite was the opening song "Time's Scar", which fills me with nostalgia. Ironically, the cinematic discusses the nostalgia of a time when things were carefree. They really went balls out with the orchestration, except for that super lovely electric guitar riff in the rock band's song.

Really? All I've ever seen it called is Shadow Forest or Forest of Illusions. Either way, it was obviously a reference to Guardia Forest from CT but about ten times better.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson

IRQ posted:

Ok jerks, I'm getting set to write my chapter tonight. I have a fifth of gin and some vague ideas. Your task is to think of horrible things I should work in as references.

A literal bad thread sounds terrifying.

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

Rape Jake. posted:

They're cutting him.

drat that is dissapointing.

Shageletic posted:

I need to get more recognition for that Baron Harkonnen poo poo I was spewing earlier. It was beeewutiful.

:golfclap: it was noticed.

And great chapters everyone I keep thinking I can't be any more embarassed reading something and it keeps getting worse. This thread is a wonderful Myrish Swamp and I'm neck deep and sinking!

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Has anyone got that direct link to the current compilation of chapters? It seems to have been buried deep in the disgusting quagmire that is the bad thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rape Jake. posted:

They're cutting him.

Well, they have to, he's a eunuch after all. :haw: