Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

I'm more amazed at how they're still so sure they'll get away with it

People keep buying their poo poo, so what's the incentive to change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Jabor posted:

someone who messed around the entire time until oh poo poo, it's the last week before the deadline and they actually want me to deliver something

under pressure

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/warpaintmufm/status/1126096505104945152?s=21

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
didn't look very hard, that's for sure

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If makeup didn’t work on men, much of Hollywood would be out of a job.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009
And only three shades of concealer. Who does that in this day and age?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
sorry, I need to stay loyal to my favorite brand, Ichiban.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thomamelas posted:

And only three shades of concealer. Who does that in this day and age?

The only concealer a man should ever need is a balaclava.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Platystemon posted:

If makeup didn’t work on men, much of Hollywood would be out of a job.

Seriously, I used to do amateur theater and you know what makeup the dudes wear? The same stuff the women wear. You just go to the makeup aisle and grab the same stuff a woman with your skin tone would buy. It doesn't burn your skin or anything. It's just makeup.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Seriously, I used to do amateur theater and you know what makeup the dudes wear? The same stuff the women wear. You just go to the makeup aisle and grab the same stuff a woman with your skin tone would buy. It doesn't burn your skin or anything. It's just makeup.

I've had men ask me very seriously if lady hair dye will work on their hair.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Barudak posted:

The only concealer a man should ever need is a balaclava.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

HopperUK posted:

A co-worker of mine dyed her hair and it turned out terribly and she swears it's because the ethnicity of the woman on the box wasn't the same as her.

I have never dyed hair but I feel like that's not a thing

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

I mean, black hair is different to other hair, but I'm not an expert on how that works with dye.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

HopperUK posted:

That one can actually be legit. Sometimes. Hair dye is more complex as beard hair in particular can be quite the bastard to dye. They make special dye specifically for beards given that regular hair dye sometimes just won't take.

Len posted:

A co-worker of mine dyed her hair and it turned out terribly and she swears it's because the ethnicity of the woman on the box wasn't the same as her.

I have never dyed hair but I feel like that's not a thing

Again, that's a sometimes thing. Not matching the ethnicity on the box doesn't matter but there are special dyes for some ethnicities as their hair just won't take normal dyes sometimes. Mostly generic dyes work on pretty much everybody but, you know, mostly. You also randomly get people of any race with hair that just won't take dyes at all or who make the dye turn unexpected colors. Hair dye is way more complex than it seems on the surface as the majority of the time you can just grab any random, regular dye and it'll work. Just, you know, mostly.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

flatluigi posted:

didn't look very hard, that's for sure

Look, they went down to their local supermarket and spent about three seconds in the cosmetics aisle - any longer and people might have thought they were gay or something - and they didn't see any wolves or fires or slabs of meat on any of the advertising, so clearly there's no makeup for men.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

How does Bethesda manage to gently caress up literally everything these days?

In other dumb-gaming-company news, WotC just released the latest set of Magic:The Gathering cards. A box of 36 packs retails for about $100, but they also came out with a special "Mythic Edition" featuring alternate art for some rare cards. 24 packs, but $250, and only 12,000 boxes were printed. Instead of selling these through stores, Hasbro sold them through ebay.

Only the software they used for their backend was hosed. Obviously they'd want to stop selling them after 12,000 people bought them. But every time the inventory counted down to 0, the software rolled over and reset the available inventory to 12,000 again. Over 40,000 people purchased them.

Hasbro "No, we can't print more." But what they're offering those people is a printed, uncut, foil (rarer and shiny) sheet of all the rares in the set.

Which is pretty much what people were buying the boxes for, except without packaging, and without being able to play the game with those cards.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

My eyes glazed over about two sentences into that

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Can someone translate that?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Last Chance posted:

My eyes glazed over about two sentences into that

Nitrox posted:

Can someone translate that?

due to a third-party fuckup they sold more exclusive box sets than they could/were willing to supply, so the company is giving people an uncut printed sheet of all the fancy cards in the set (something you can't get otherwise) as a makegood as well as full refunds

people would rather get the box set of course (especially since most people buying said set were planning to resell the contents at a huge markup) but if they're not going to make more product than they planned to they're not going to

personally i think it's funnier that reddit is trying to launch a class action lawsuit about it

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

I'm not sure whether this qualifies as marketing, but the online retailer Zavvi just sent me an email telling me that I had won a competition, and the prize was flights to Madrid, a stay in a 4* hotel, 2 tickets to the UEFA Cup final, and £250 spending money! Hooray!

Unfortunately, they also sent this email to everyone on their mailing list.

The responses on Twitter are a hoot, and I can only imagine that the poor schmuck who clicked the wrong button is now puckering their arsehole so badly that it's chewing a hole in their chair.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Wait, they’re giving people who can’t get the box sets something even rarer in in addition to a full refund?

It’s a fuckup, no doubt, but that seems like a generous consolation prize.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Krispy Wafer posted:

Wait, they’re giving people who can’t get the box sets something even rarer in in addition to a full refund?

I don't think they can play the game with them. But given they got refunds too....

I mean, get a refund and nothing else and you still can't complain.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Krispy Wafer posted:

You really have no idea about the amount of entitled whining nerds can unleash when things don't go their way?

By doing it this way, everyone technically gets the cards and it doesn't F up the balance of the game by putting too many of a given card into circulation.

All things considering this a a pretty good move

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Pondex posted:

You really have no idea about the amount of entitled whining nerds can unleash when things don't go their way?

People who have won the foil set as a competition prize are complaining about Wizards giving out thousands of them for free.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Phanatic posted:

People who have won the foil set as a competition prize are complaining about Wizards giving out thousands of them for free.

QED

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Pondex posted:

I’ve backed board games on Kickstarter.

I know exactly how whiny entitled nerds can be.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Are these the three shades? Incredible. They really didn't do any market research at all. I'm not a big makeup person but even I know that Fenty Beauty and Jeffree Star are the top brands because they acknowledge people with brown and black skin exist and deserve makeup too.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Picnic Princess posted:

Are these the three shades? Incredible. They really didn't do any market research at all. I'm not a big makeup person but even I know that Fenty Beauty and Jeffree Star are the top brands because they acknowledge people with brown and black skin exist and deserve makeup too.

Yes.

That's not even enough for white people's skin colors, let alone anybody else's!

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
That’s just 3 shades of the same guy.

Face, balls, taint.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Krispy Wafer posted:

That’s just 3 shades of the same guy.

Balls, balls, balls.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

And you have stuff like the guy in the video applying makeup, taking a shower then applying makeup again. This whole thing reeks of some dudes who don't know poo poo about makeup deciding that they have a brilliant* marketing ploy and thus they don't need to know anything about makeup.

*Not actually brilliant.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Picnic Princess posted:

Too bad Jeffree Star can't acknowledge that people with brown and black skin exist in real life.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1126477710434414592

:thermidor:

Olive! has a new favorite as of 18:43 on May 9, 2019

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

if you see one of those, steal it or otherwise render it unreadable. thank you.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Thomamelas posted:

And you have stuff like the guy in the video applying makeup, taking a shower then applying makeup again. This whole thing reeks of some dudes who don't know poo poo about makeup deciding that they have a brilliant* marketing ploy and thus they don't need to know anything about makeup.

*Not actually brilliant.

the dude also seems not exactly your typical guy since he has a ton of body tatoos, nose and nipple piercings, kinda wierd with the hyper male marketing.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Something about the phrase "the latest hits" just screams "old guy in a suit"

Like that leaked email about Spider-Man movie suggestions

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

PhazonLink posted:

the dude also seems not exactly your typical guy since he has a ton of body tatoos, nose and nipple piercings, kinda wierd with the hyper male marketing.

Yeah, there is a lot about this that screams edgy morons. I'm kinda waiting for their next marketing video where they challenge the head of Fenty to a street fight. I suspect the papers will describe the beating Rihanna gives them as savage but well deserved.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Don't forget this little gem

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42872983

the article posted:

In typical emissions tests, participants spend up to two hours in a sealed environment chamber breathing diluted diesel fumes equivalent to the levels of air pollution in Beijing or Delhi.

They will usually spend about 90 minutes of that seated, and 30 minutes gently exercising on a stationary bike to keep up blood flow.

The same participants then return another day to complete the same process in clean air, for a control comparison. After both sessions, blood tests and other physical tests are carried out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

https://twitter.com/JaydotSloane/status/1126584091372077056