Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Not sure if this got posted here already, but I'm excited!

https://twitter.com/YoungHorses/status/1513864903102193672?cxt=HHwWkICztfmGqoIqAAAA

Smirking_Serpent posted:

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron on Switch!?!

Yesssss! My partner is gonna love this game, he's never had a chance to play it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Some posters bout to lose their minds if they ever see a gameboy or gameboy advance or NES.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So, what kind of game is Bugsnax?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, what kind of game is Bugsnax?

Think a combination of Ape Escape and Pokemon Snap, with lots of cartoony "innocent" body horror.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Returnal on ps5 is a fast paced 3rd person shooter where you are constantly moving the camera around with the right stick. Moving the camera allows you to see wth is going on but of course it also influences your movement, if you're pressing forward and swing the camera around the main character changes her direction. Like every other game with the camera on right stick.

Default jump is X (so the B position on a snes controller), so to jump means to take you thumb off the stick. There is way too much going on in the game for that to be viable, especially if you want to use the dash move (which is in the A position on a snes controller, so you again must take your thumb off the stick). I changed jump to the right bumper (and dash to left bumper) and god drat it took a long time to adjust (really hard to overcome decades of muscle memory) but once it finally clicked, it made a huge, huge difference for that game.

Then I played some elden ring and constantly attacked when I meant to jump. Then I went back to returnal and used consumables by accident instead of jumping. Turns out my brain has a hard limit for how many control schemes it can handle (one).

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MorningMoon posted:

Ok, finished with Kirby. Could not beat the final final last final the actual final phase boss lol. I probably could with another try now that I know the gimmick, but I blew all my coins already with teh buffs i needed last try and it'd be like at least half an hour to get there again. What a loving great game.

I'm like 5 hours in and so far I've just been bouncing around solving simple puzzles as stairs and getting 5/6 on level objectives the first time through and ... this post is kind of blowing my mind with where this thing is headed.

e: This isn't a spoiler complaint, I don't give a poo poo about that.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Reading the past few pages is like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3uZbnjYvDo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
hope this is tru

https://twitter.com/trashbandatcoot/status/1516111526075289601?s=20&t=pRcz440ltbsr6bucsBjEKA

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A matter of waiting until the year’s subs are up

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I will pay full NSO prices for Pokemon Pinball (Red & Blue) and GBA's Rhythm Tengoku

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014
Gameboy/black carts for regular online
Color/Advance for premium

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

B was always jump on SNES controllers other than weird cases like Super Metroid and you could still change it.

That's why I have to use B for jump

Yeah, I just remembered a bit too late to change my post. Problem was, I've played even more Game Boy then SNES, so A=Jump is even more hard-coded into my brain then B=Jump. :v:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I can see regular GB added for NSO, and GBA for the expansion pack.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Read After Burning posted:

Think a combination of Ape Escape and Pokemon Snap, with lots of cartoony "innocent" body horror.

Also there was unexpected queer representation (there is a lesbian couple, a gay couple, and a nonbinary character). :allears:

Bugsnax was my favorite game of 2020, right after Paradise Killer.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Sam Faust posted:

Some posters bout to lose their minds if they ever see a gameboy or gameboy advance or NES.

NES is different. There are only two face buttons. Mario set the benchmark control layout here. Hold the tip of your thumb on the run button and use the base of your thumb to hit the jump button. That was the most comfortable way to play that game and allowed you to move your hand less to operate.

After that, consoles improved and gave you four face buttons in a diamond layout. The logical, more ergonomic move was to take the classic Mario control scheme and angle the jump button, previously to the direct right of the old action button, downwards by about 45 degrees to better accommodate human anatomy and how the thumb rests against the controller.

How this is not blindingly obvious to anyone who has ever picked up both controllers I'll never know.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 18, 2022

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

A matter of waiting until the year’s subs are up

So around September probably, unless Nintendo has a release lull and needs to fill time between major releases.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I'm user Jocko

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Has a second source data mined them or is the only person just 4chan guy?

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

man i can’t wait to be crushingly disappointed by golden sun

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
That would be a great opportunity for nintendo to release their four swords update/revision thing that they made available as a free DS download, briefly, and then threw into a closet or something

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I unironically just hope the GB stuff is available on a regular nso subscription. I'm not dying to have them. But I would be happy to have them if they're included at the normal price.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

That would be a great opportunity for nintendo to release their four swords update/revision thing that they made available as a free DS download, briefly, and then threw into a closet or something

I have this and only played it for like, 5 minutes once. I forgot all about it until recently, when I redownloaded it incase it becomes some kind of lost collector's thing when the shop closes.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

if they release GBA games before summer I'll continue to hold off buying a retro handheld and can finally, finally play the meteoroids and advanced wars on my switch. Also can't wait on the ninja turtles collection.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

jackhunter64 posted:

I'm user Jocko

Yes Granny Rocko User Jocko

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There are some things about this that suggests its fake, but I really hope it's not.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

LionArcher posted:

if they release GBA games before summer I'll continue to hold off buying a retro handheld and can finally, finally play the meteoroids and advanced wars on my switch. Also can't wait on the ninja turtles collection.

They're rereleasing advance wars, why would they give it away?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Foul Fowl posted:

man i can’t wait to be crushingly disappointed by golden sun

:mods:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean they had that leak about GBA a bit ago so I wouldn’t really doubt it. Just when they are going to release it and how much are they gonna up charge it

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Why would they add Yoshi's Island for GBA if it's on SNES?

I did not read the the twitter thread at all but only looked at the image.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Super Mario Advance 3: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island has some unique content and I could see them just throwing it on there at launch

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

GreatGreen posted:

How this is not blindingly obvious to anyone who has ever picked up both controllers I'll never know.

Knowing some posters in this thread I would not be surprised if some people held their thumb straight up at a 90 degree angle perpendicular to the face of the controller until the moment they need to press a button, at which point they hammer directly down onto that button. The previous several posts describing ways in which other players manage to push more than one button at once probably sound like some kind of treacherous sorcery.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
you rest the thumb between a and b and roll to hit either button. it barely matters what button it is what is wrong with people

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lol gently caress off they arent giving us both golden suns

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I know im the only person here who likes golden sun, which is why im sure they wouldnt waste the space

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I finally beat Hollow Knight yesterday in what was one of the best gaming moments of my life. It took about a two hour session on just the final boss, but I did it. I haven’t felt this good beating a game since I was a kid.

Silksong, please come soon.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Waffle! posted:

Sonic Origins has been rated in Korea. That usually means it's on the way for Switch. Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Knuckles, and most importantly Sonic CD. Sonic boom!

sonic cd is absolutely loving awful.

like legit in the top 5 worst games i have ever played and only sonic heroes is worse as far as sonic goes .

gently caress that terrible, horrible game, gently caress its defenders and apologists, gently caress the people who repeated throughout the 90s that actually sonic cd is the best sonic game, and more than anything else, gently caress wacky workbench

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 18, 2022

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

sonic cd is absolutely loving awful.

like legit in the top 5 worst games i have ever played and only sonic heroes is worse as far as sonic goes .

gently caress that terrible, horrible game, gently caress its defenders and apologists, gently caress the people who repeated throughout the 90s that actually sonic cd is the best sonic game, and more than anything else, gently caress wacky workbench

be honest, that's only because you only ever played 5 video games in total, and you only hate Sonic CD anyway because one day the CD fell out of its case, sailed down from the shelf and got stuck in your head

just go see a doctor already to get it taken out

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Music's good, though

Sonic CD
Sonic R
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Heroes

The worst sonic games have some of the best soundtracks

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Libluini posted:

be honest, that's only because you only ever played 5 video games in total, and you only hate Sonic CD anyway because one day the CD fell out of its case, sailed down from the shelf and got stuck in your head

just go see a doctor already to get it taken out

dawg just on my xbox live profile alone i have over 200 games. sonic cd is one of them.

it sucks red raw anus. i'd rather play fuckin bubsy. or my copy of night trap for the goddamn 3do. or almost anything else.

the level design in sonic cd is the worst in any 16 bit platformer i've played, and given how many snes, genesis and tg16 games i have, that is a fuckin high bar of bullshit to clear, and sonic cd clears it with room to spare.

loving home alone 2 is a better 16 bit platformer than sonic cd.

i heard for some 15+ years that sonic cd was the best sonic game. i went in expecting that it would not be god's gift to platformers like some people insisted, but holy fuckin poo poo i was not expecting such bad, hateful level design. sonic cd made me think that those idiots insisting that sonic was never good must be right, 'cause gently caress, if that is the 'best' sonic game, the series must have really sucked a lot more poo poo than i thought.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

mandatory lesbian posted:

I know im the only person here who likes golden sun, which is why im sure they wouldnt waste the space
There are AT LEAST two of us. :colbert:

Honestly, GS seems a lot more popular outside these forums, the goon hivemind is strong here and Quovak's LP seems to have influenced a lot of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Smirking_Serpent posted:

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron on Switch!?!

Wow, I thought you were hope posting. It's really announced.

El Shaddai is a weird 3d brawler/platformer and it's beautiful and incomprehensible to me at the time. If it runs well I'd really like to actually beat it