Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
:florida:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Wife still wants a convertible. I like the color!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4661924583.html

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
It's British... but guys that don't mind wrenching here and there, people love these little MG cars. I know the aftermarket has improved all the poo poo parts.

I eyeball them here and there. But then I realize that I could get a miata for the same money and never fix it as much.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

BrokenKnucklez posted:

It's British... but guys that don't mind wrenching here and there, people love these little MG cars. I know the aftermarket has improved all the poo poo parts.

I eyeball them here and there. But then I realize that I could get a miata for the same money and never fix it as much.

Yeah I've told her a Miata is a low-effort little car that's cheap and can probably handle the freeway with a lot less drama, but I think like me she's fallen in love with old cars. She's never had to chase electrical problems, though.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Eh, just clean your grounds and replace poo poo with modern relays, etc. There's not a whole lot to go wrong on these cars thankfully. Some of the poo poo is... can I live with out the map light?.. ok gently caress it type things.

As long as the light, ignition and charging system work correctly (which all has better replacement in the aftermarket) there's not a ton to go wrong.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Dude that's the Death Race 2000 car. Don't be hating

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Holy poo poo :laffo:

Who in hell spends the time to swap in a Mustang II engine?

It's just a hotter version of the Pinto four cylinder anyway. A 2.5L from a Ranger or a turbo 2.3L from a SVO Mustang / Thunderbird Turbocoupe would also be bolt-ins.

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

More Texas poo poo :clint:

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/4663739516.html

Also, nothing quite sells bright red Porsches with big spoilers like a sleeping baby

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4662415189.html

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
70k for a 996TT? I want his drugs.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

taterz posted:

More Texas poo poo :clint:

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/4663739516.html

Also, nothing quite sells bright red Porsches with big spoilers like a sleeping baby

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4662415189.html

In Midland that poo poo will sell to a too-rich oil worked no sweat.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

Don't underestimate how much you can spend on options on a porsche. The sky's the limit. Dude probably thinks if he added $25k of poo poo, it's still worth +$25k used.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Leperflesh posted:

Don't underestimate how much you can spend on options on a porsche. The sky's the limit. Dude probably thinks if he added $25k of poo poo, it's still worth +$25k used.

I know very well how much they can end up with after options and an EVT kit. :) I've got the stock turbos, intercoolers, clutch/fw, etc from a 997TT that got the EVT775 kit in the garage. 996 prices are in the toilet.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Sep 12, 2014

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

BlackMK4 posted:

I know very well how much they can end up with after options and an EVT kit. :) I've got the stock turbos, intercoolers, clutch/fw, etc from a 997TT that got the EVT775 kit in the garage. 996 prices are in the toilet.

Got me a 996 C4S for a song a couple of weeks ago.
996 are the best bargain out there for sports cars right now. The fun to dollar ratio is off the charts.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

BlackMK4 posted:

Comes with 3 sets of IMS bearings and free install.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

There is a used car lot down the street from my house that seems to stand out from the rest of the shady car lots on Aurora, so I had to checkout what their inventory looks like online, they have some interesting stuff apparently

1975 Porsche 914 w/ 2.7l 911 Motor transplant - $14999

1982 Porsche 930 Turbo ! Tastefully Modified ! 56k Original Miles - $59999

2000 Ferrari 360 Modena - $49995

They used to have a s/c e36 m3 as well, but I am not seeing it listed anymore. This may not seem that strange unless you understand what Aurora is like. Pretty much every other used car lot along that stretch is the 'buy here, pay here' type of shady as gently caress lot. I really need to stop by and check it out in person seeing as its less than 2 blocks from my house. Here is a link to all their CL adds(no website) for anyone that is interested.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tai-Pan posted:

Got me a 996 C4S for a song a couple of weeks ago.
996 are the best bargain out there for sports cars right now. The fun to dollar ratio is off the charts.

I can get this one for a song, check out the fuckin interior lol

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/4658051330.html

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

Oh god. It's like they took the interior out of an old Taurus. I remember being confused as to why my grandparents picked that color in their old wagon. Something like this:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

leica posted:

Yeah, I'd drive that.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

leica posted:

That's so horrible. (I'd buy matching color clothes to embrace the ugly and drive it every day.)

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

please tell me that was a factory color

EL Bombastico
Oct 13, 2004

* power up

A MIRACLE posted:

please tell me that was a factory color

Probably so, as you can option Porsches with any interior/exterior combinations under the sun.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Miles are awfully high on it too, but if it wasn't an automatic I'd be tempted :v:

With those miles though the motor has to be hosed by now, right?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4664602838.html

$17,000 for your 16 year old civic. :psyduck:
Also I love how people remove the airbag/steering wheel from their "daily drivers".

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Back when I was actively driving I drove Akina even in my dreams
Someone needs to buy this

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/4659728070.html

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

leica posted:

Miles are awfully high on it too, but if it wasn't an automatic I'd be tempted :v:

With those miles though the motor has to be hosed by now, right?

With you about "oh man I'd totally drive tha..oh god autotragic :gonk:"

But a rebuilt 911 engine could be had for under $10k, and $20k for a 911 with a fresh engine is not a bad deal.eh, I feel like I'm off on my estimate.

I wasn't aware that 180k was really all that much on those engines, but maybe it is? I know you don't see those number often, but I'd just assumed it was because people don't drive their Porsches (some insanity has overtaken them, obviously)

televiper fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 13, 2014

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
http://jackson.craigslist.org/cto/4663151595.html

quote:

You want a Japanese supercar? What car beat the viper? This car, It Beat the Viper for Motortrends Car of the year 1993. That's Right go on and google it. Here is a rare chance to get your hands on the holiest of holiest Twin turbo, 2cycle oil burning, wanklin, sumbtch. A 93 MONTEGO Blue Hard top, That's right it's a hard top, not only chicks hang their heads outta pansy sunroofs. This ain't no normal azz RX7. This sumbtch is the RX7 God would drive if he wasn't busy doing God stuff like wakeboarding it up behind his ski natuique blasting Journey over 4 big rear end obnoxious speakers. Its set up to go fast, and go fast sideways. "Who doesn't like to get sideways?! Terrorists, that's who. Are you a terrorist? No? Then you need this car."
Handling? With its Tokico adjustable Struts this car handles better than that curvy chick Tiffany you dated back in Junior College. Stick to the road better than the 4 day dead Armadillo.
Seats? this cocks*cker has got two, in black suede! One for you and one for the two Strippers you're gonna pick up later when you leave the club and go to Waffle House, cause now you're that classy.
Stereos and AC are for hippies. Fortunately this car has neither. Oh look at me, I like listen to Kenny G and think about kittens and Vappin. Screw that. The only noises you're gunna be hearing is PSHHHHH an BRAP BRAP BRAP!!, cause that TWIN turbo'd Rotary Engine makes noises sweeter than Eve on her first night with Adam in the Garden.
Meth? Like girls on meth? Yeah me either, but this car Loves its AEM Adjustable Meth Injection. A 6 Puc non Sprung ACT Clutch helps you put all this power to the Flat back 5zigen 18" wheels that fill the fender wells to their limits.
You like going fast? Ever tried pull some of that poo poo off like gone in 60 Seconds? Then, you need this car. It isn't Eleanor but I can danged near promise you wont see another one pull up in the parking lot that day. If you are like me and like dinosaurs, you can take this car and go back in time, yeah, it's that fast. So fast, even Marty Mf'n McFly wouldn't see you coming.
Tired of being lonely? Tired of Being a loser? Tired of being called home Oh, cause you drive a Miata? Get this car and the chicks will flock in, dudes will be trying to swing from your sac every time they see you now, just ride by and blow flames on em out the full Apexi exhaust. This thing breaths flames out the pipe like a midevil Dragon on its period.

Get ready your life is going to change.

Now, only $12,500 for all this badazzness. No, I don't want your riced out civic or your donk caprice, or your ferd f- teen thousand. Cash only Money Talks hands on transactions only. No, I'm not shipping it to your military base in Alaska. No your Nigerian uncle can't wire me the money into my bank account. If your dad needs to come with you don't bother cause you're not man enough for this machine. Need car gone. Wife's pregnant, Maid's Pregnant, and my girlfriend don't know about either.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

And were done here, close the thread!

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

I remember seeing that car in GRM. I'd buy it but I did something dumb and found a salvage 2002 S2000 for $4k yesterday.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

BlackMK4 posted:

I remember seeing that car in GRM. I'd buy it but I did something dumb and found a salvage 2002 S2000 for $4k yesterday.

*cough* f20c e30 *cough*

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Crustashio posted:

*cough* f20c e30 *cough*

That was my plan before I went to look at it and realized it drives completely normally and straight. But yeah. yeah. CATuned sells the front subframe, driveshaft, oil pan, etc needed to drop the motor in for like $1700. Sell off the rest of the car / M42 w/ trans / etc and you're looking super cheap.
http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=261498

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 13, 2014

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Am I the only one who thinks the comically over-the-top, fake-aggressive craigslist ads are overplayed at this point?

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jun 24, 2019

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Crustashio posted:

*cough* f20c e30 *cough*

Do people do this because it has similar characteristics as the S14 without being horrifically expensive to upkeep because I'm trying to figure out why enough people do this to have a kit made up

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Probably because BMW has never made a single 4 cylinder worth a drat.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

rscott posted:

Do people do this because it has similar characteristics as the S14 without being horrifically expensive to upkeep because I'm trying to figure out why enough people do this to have a kit made up

They're cheap (like 3-4k for motor+trans), light and decently powerful. Some guys are working on K series swaps as well.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Fucknag posted:

Am I the only one who thinks the comically over-the-top, fake-aggressive craigslist ads are overplayed at this point?

Agreed, but they still get a ton more exposure than normal ads.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Probably because BMW has never made a single 4 cylinder worth a drat.

F1 engines? S14? Hell even the new N20 is a pretty sweet engine (too bad it's in some sucky cars though).

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

rscott posted:

Probably because the S14 is $retarded to buy/maintain and the F20C is about as good as it gets without going to a K swap which is also $money 4cyl wise. I've never been a purist and find enjoyment in ruffling their feathers.

MrChips posted:

F1 engines? S14? Hell even the new N20 is a pretty sweet engine (too bad it's in some sucky cars though).

He should have clarified in a normal car, not absurdly expensive, and not a bunch of work electronics wise to swap... also worded as worth a drat. An S14 will cost you more than a full F20 pull (engine, trans, ecu, harness), the M42 will cost you ~10k to make 200whp NA, etc.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 13, 2014

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I could have just as easily said they scrapped everything lovely about the S2K and put it in something actually enjoyable to drive :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

BlackMK4 posted:

That was my plan before I went to look at it and realized it drives completely normally and straight. But yeah. yeah. CATuned sells the front subframe, driveshaft, oil pan, etc needed to drop the motor in for like $1700. Sell off the rest of the car / M42 w/ trans / etc and you're looking super cheap.

Do it, then LS swap the S2000. :getin: