Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Guillard vs. Robbie Lawler is Pat Barry/Kongo levels of insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Captain Log posted:

Guillard vs. Robbie Lawler is Pat Barry/Kongo levels of insane.

i think you mean manhoef vs lawler

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

LobsterMobster posted:

:yikes:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

LobsterMobster posted:

I'm an idiot that perpetually confuses the two of them. This isn't the first time I've done it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/UFCFightPass/status/1038958509889441792?s=19

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Can you please never fight again?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

When are you coming back to new japan?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Guardian did an article about more and more white nationalists being involved in the sport https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/sep/11/far-right-fight-clubs-mma-white-nationalists

quote:

So why are white supremacist groups forming fight clubs and MMA promotions? The answer lies in the violent nature of the sport and their ability to thrive within it. Over the years, fighters with links to the far-right have been involved in some of the world’s most recognizable promotions, including the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and Strikeforce. UFC fighter Donald Cerrone and former fighter Joe Brammer were sponsored by Hoelzer Reich, a far-right brand known for propagating extremist symbols. The brand was banned by the UFC in 2009. Four years later, welterweight Benjamin Brinsa was accused by German media of maintaining ties to extremist groups in his native country, while his gym was accused of sheltering neo-Nazi fighters. He was later released by the UFC before making his official debut but did not struggle to find professional fights in Russia.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Chris James 2 posted:

UFC fighter Donald Cerrone and former fighter Joe Brammer were sponsored by Hoelzer Reich, a far-right brand known for propagating extremist symbols. The brand was banned by the UFC in 2009.

I totally forgot about those guys, and I don't think I ever heard of Brammer again after he got clowned on that TUF finale.

Kharitonov beating the gently caress out of that giant dude with the white supremacist tats in Pride was awesome though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnoJLX-Fy07/ Liddell/Ortiz poster

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

ChuckOnCocaine.gif

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
False advertising. They ensmallened Tito's noggin by at least a factor of three with photoshop. I get that they needed to fit them both in frame together, but that's just bogus.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

FishBowlRobot posted:

ChuckOnCocaine.gif

loving a'men. Those eyes.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
bellator ww is better (if not technically, than in watchability) than the ufc - just learned that larkin is fighting erik silva. i genuinely want to see that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its pretty funny seeing all Bellator get this glut of actually good fighters rounding out their ranks because Dana White is an incompetent dweeb.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I never watched Tough Enough but Tanner Saraceno has a LFA fight tonight.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Press conference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBb_a8_Unl8

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Tito's Aura of -2 Public Speaking has stacked on poor Oscar until he sounds like Muhammad Ali looked when he lit that torch.

Remember when Tim Sylvia tried to fight, but it couldn't get sanctioned because he weighed as much as a Toyota Tercel and he had blood pressure high enough to pressure-wash a deck, so the fight got shopped down the line until even the lawless Eastern seaboard native commissions had turned him down? This fight is like that fight, except both guys are Tim Sylvia.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
A quintessential... ground and pound....... type of fighter.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Xerzes posted:

I never watched Tough Enough but Tanner Saraceno has a LFA fight tonight.

Turns out he's pretty good at getting out of holds, but not so good at having offense.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Lol that chuck’s career has gone from useless VP of the ufc to fighting for loving golden boy

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Look, I get English wasn't that dudes' first language...but Jesus it was like watching someone have a stroke.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Log posted:

Look, I get English wasn't that dudes' first language...but Jesus it was like watching someone have a stroke.

Lol, Oscar De La Hoya is from LA.

Edit: I should probably double-check that.

Edit II: East LA, so sort of.

Veni Vidi Ameche! fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Sep 15, 2018

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Captain Log posted:

Thought you were talking about Tito.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Biodome posted:

Thought you were talking about Tito.

I don't think it matters. My statement applies to all those men. Including the stateside borne.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is art

https://twitter.com/FullContactMTWF/status/1041022749269868544

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

mewse posted:

Lol that chuck’s career has gone from useless VP of the ufc to fighting for loving golden boy

Dude was getting paid to not publicly embarrass Zuffa. New ownership decided that wasn't so much of a priority. Its also part of the reason we're seeing so many Bellator co-sponsored old man fights. New UFC ownership is doubling down on the Dana White's "gently caress The Fighters" mantra.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Wow. He always delivers.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Good lord

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Wow. Look, if Chuck wants to eat my grapes he’s going to have cheese it boys it’s the cops I can’t be caught violining my parole.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Wow. Look, if Chuck wants to eat my grapes he’s going to have cheese it boys it’s the cops I can’t be caught violining my parole.

Is Tito Ortiz full blown...special? I don't know the right word.

He's like that kid at school who was homeschooled until highschool, thinks he is a genius, and can't work a car door.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

i have no idea what he just said

mewse
May 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_vcXmsJohA

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Captain Log posted:

He's like that kid at school who was homeschooled until highschool, thinks he is a genius, and can't work a car door.

He comes from an era where sports kids would get academic bumps if they were good at sports. I'm pretty sure Tito has a legit 4th grade education on top of nearly 20 years of head trauma.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Captain Log posted:

The term is "developmentally delayed"

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

CommonShore posted:

The term is "developmentally delayed"

Dude is 43 years old.
It not delayed, it just ain't happening.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

You wanna play 21? I got 22. You wanna play blackjack? I got two of those, too.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Log posted:

If you get punched enough times, even with a head that huge, you will suffer brain damage.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Tito has both Homer Simpson Syndromes: a nearly impenetrable skull, and a crayon up his nose disrupting his brain function.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Shine posted:

You wanna play 21? I got 22. You wanna play blackjack? I got two of those, too.

I remember that

I wish I didn't

Jake certainly doesn't