Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

TobinHatesYou posted:

His contributions now could help revitalize the sport and bike culture (in the US.) Not saying you should forgive him, but ostracizing him probably doesn't serve the greater good at this point.

He should gently caress off from bike culture in the US, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

Feels Villeneuve posted:

He should gently caress off from bike culture in the US, imo

Everyone is loving off from it, that's the problem. I am routinely racing in fields of <20, sometimes less than 10. Last month I was in a circuit race with 4 other people... I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area...this shouldn't be happening. The sport is dying, races are dying, promoters are quitting. Conti teams are folding or consolidating. The Tour of California has gone World Tour and is no longer accessible to US Conti teams. The Colorado Classic men's race died. That pretty much leaves...the Tour of Utah. So yeah I have a problem with stuck up old people who are making racing bikes unfun for everyone else.

TobinHatesYou fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jul 18, 2019

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Aye, he can get hosed. He isn't needed in the slightest

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Mercx doped too. Kill everyone.

I’m glad lance is helping to spark some interest back in the sport.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't feel like relitigating the difference between popping amphetamines which you could literally just buy at a pharmacy in Europe back then and the institutionalized poo poo in the USADA document so instead I will say gently caress off Lance (and also Sky)

Like as late as the 80s people would get caught doing amphetamines and get a ten minute penalty because it isn't actually comparable to the oxygen vector poo poo unless you decide to OD and die.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I don't feel like relitigating the difference between popping amphetamines which you could literally just buy at a pharmacy in Europe back then and the institutionalized poo poo in the USADA document so instead I will say gently caress off Lance (and also Sky)

You say you don’t want to debate it again but then you put this in-ok.

Let me just save the thread a few pages of the same rehashed poo poo that happens every few months:

-Lance sucks-he doped
-Everyone doped, he got caught
-But lance is an rear end in a top hat so he still sucks
-He helped out cancer patients
-He still sucks and is an rear end in a top hat
-Biking is cool

Repeat ad nausuem

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

38 rider breakaway :shittypop:

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Cavendish is sitting on his trainer somewhere *raging*

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Handing out bottles is dangerous

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker
Did Merckx ever stage a harassment campaign by calling up people with death threats and a bunch of companies to drop sponsorships, though?

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard
Apparently Rohan Dennis just disappeared from the leading group and hosed off to the team hotel. My commentators don't know what's up.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Good sprint from Yates

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Rojkir posted:

Apparently Rohan Dennis just disappeared from the leading group and hosed off to the team hotel. My commentators don't know what's up.

Like you've never decided halfway through the group ride that you'd rather lay in bed and eat ice cream...

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Rojkir posted:

Nah he climbed off, had a raging argument with his DS and got in the car to the finish.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bahrain-merida-launch-investigation-after-rohan-dennis-quits-tour-de-france/

The way the commentators made it sound was like he just got to a village and went off on his own for a few hours.

Allegedly he's pissed at the poo poo time trial bike and skinsuit that hes got so he quit before a stage he was expected to win.

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
Great, that means The Good Wout's gonna win 2 stages in his first Tour.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

serious gaylord posted:

Nah he climbed off, had a raging argument with his DS and got in the car to the finish.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bahrain-merida-launch-investigation-after-rohan-dennis-quits-tour-de-france/

The way the commentators made it sound was like he just got to a village and went off on his own for a few hours.

Allegedly he's pissed at the poo poo time trial bike and skinsuit that hes got so he quit before a stage he was expected to win.

Weird, they don't even run sram do they?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I've heard vague things about the Merida TT bike being bad but I take posts about any pro-tour bike being appreciably better than another one with a huge grain of salt.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

The cannondales were the last set of TT bikes that got a lot of poo poo for being slow, and the results on them did rather confirm that

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
I was thinking if it's so important he should've included the TT bike in his decision making when he decided to join Bahrain Merida, but he moved after BMC folded so he probably didn't have so much choice about it. Still, seems like a pretty petulant thing to do to, provided there's nothing else going on.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Does he want out?

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

apparently he told norwegian telly that it's the wheels that costs him about 40w. which is a lot.

HappyCamperGL fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 19, 2019

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

exciting finish in the women's race.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The bad Wout?

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

van aert would have not wanted to ride into the barrier there.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

gently caress that looked nasty.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
Never a good thing when they cover your injury with a banner.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
That's pretty bad looking.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
fuuuuuck

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, he bad.

The French TV editors are being as respectful as ever.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

de gendt smashed that.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

HappyCamperGL posted:

de gendt smashed that.

To be fair so did Wout
:catstare:

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

:hmmrona:
:rip:

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
The way his leg was dragging on the tarmac was not good

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
lol Sagan popping a wheelie during the TT.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

:hmmrona:
Lol Sagan with the TT bike wheelie. Legend

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

schachmann looks like he's been down too. ouch.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Clearly hosed his knee, grimacing with every pedal.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He can sort of walk at least.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

bardet planning a bike change apparently!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
rip wout and the snackman