Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Having emigrated to Australia, it’s been great to discover that nothing transfers between HOTS regions, and there’s no way to even request it. That’s just awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I play on the US servers from NZ anyway.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Poor Distraction posted:

In case you missed it:

That is hilarious.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

Poor Distraction posted:

In case you missed it:

This is hilarious and they're cowards for deleting it

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Poor Distraction posted:

In case you missed it:

loving put it back up.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

SirSamVimes posted:

I play on the US servers from NZ anyway.

I'd be okay with that too, but my progress was all EU.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfD1qqgE6H8

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So does that giant Xel'naga body mean that 10v1 Amon mode may eventually be coming?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

SirSamVimes posted:

So does that giant Xel'naga body mean that 10v1 Amon mode may eventually be coming?

I hate to be the party pooper but that video is done by the guy who has a history of doing April Fools' videos.

Also the giant Xel'Naga body is from Starcraft II. I don't remember the name of the asset in question or what the character is named, but it's from there.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Kith posted:

I hate to be the party pooper but that video is done by the guy who has a history of doing April Fools' videos.

Also the giant Xel'Naga body is from Starcraft II. I don't remember the name of the asset in question or what the character is named, but it's from there.

It's either a Xel'Naga or a hybrid, I think Xel'Naga.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Turns out team league is pretty fun, who knew.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

lucifirius posted:

It's either a Xel'Naga or a hybrid, I think Xel'Naga.

I think it's Amon himself. IIRC you fight that exact model in the last mission of the game.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Doflamingo posted:

I think it's Amon himself. IIRC you fight that exact model in the last mission of the game.

Is it Amon specifically or a Xel'Naga in general?

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

lucifirius posted:

Is it Amon specifically or a Xel'Naga in general?

Amon for sure. He doesn't look too different from a regular Xel'Naga though-- just more evil looking.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Zurvan when

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/TwitchPrime/status/980848751769243650

yes you can reroll it for another legendary

i got some dumb jaina skin in the first roll but then i got one of those sick Road Boar motorcycle mounts that i've been wanting :toot:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Next month is the glitch horse mount and some chests, and the following month is 5 rare chests.

I rerolled and got the exact same mount and shade. FML.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 2, 2018

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Kerrzhe posted:

i got some dumb jaina skin in the first roll but then i got one of those sick Road Boar motorcycle mounts that i've been wanting :toot:

Thanks!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

My first re-roll triggered two legendaries. I didn't really need another Li-Ming skin or Malygos D.Va, but at least that's some value. Also the Lunarhaha spray from Carbot :toot:

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Every time we get one of these legendary crates I get either thrall skins or generic horse recolors. I have a lot of thrall skins and horses now.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Played a bit of tracer last few days. Does everything just ignore recall now? Fenix ult goes through, just got hunted through recall...

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'm really digging Q build Cassia the few times I've played her now in UD/team league. Just poke at people all day long, practice your stutter stepping, and look for that rare moment you actually want to use Fend. The one thing I'm not quite sure of is which ult to take when, I'm guessing you go for Valkyrie when you want to fish someone out of the backline but most teams usually have someone they want to keep further back if only a support, so that doesn't narrow it down too much.

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
Fend seems to work better as a gap closer than anything else. Definitely not really a damage button.

Valkyrie vs. Ball Lightning: It's a case to case basis. Valkyrie is good at catching people fleeing, and can be used as an engage tool if you aim it well. It's harder to use which should be considered if their all playing slippery fuckers.

Ball Lightning is much easier to use, but it truly excels in any map that forces everyone together in a team fight. Cursed Hollow and Braxis are especially the best at this, but most maps get people somewhat close together. It's the better raw damage tool, and it can get kinda hilarious with Infinite Lightning. Most people aren't trained to spread out for Cassia like they may be for Kael or Maiev, so you tend to get a little more mileage out of it.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I've had to yell 'Get the gently caress away from each other' while the team kills themselves on the ball lightning.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Cassia, Blaze, and Kel'Thuzad work very well together for that reason.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

NameHurtBrain posted:

Fend seems to work better as a gap closer than anything else. Definitely not really a damage button.

The advice I'm borrowing from Grubby for right now as I get more used to playing this particular build is to not use Fend much at all unless you think it's going to help me secure a kill. Like yeah, it can be a gap closer but it's one that comes with a brief self root which is less than ideal in a lot of cases, so I don't want to go in hard with a character that doesn't really have any sort of escape unless I'm confident that I can get some value out of it, otherwise I'd rather hang back and toss javelins and drop blinds on people trying to dive us. I'm even leery about taking Ring of the Leech even though I see a lot of Cassias do that because I feel like it encourages you to start thinking in terms of using Fend for trades and ehhh, I don't trust myself to make good calls there. He recommends the talent that gives bonus Fend damage when the target is below 50% life which makes it better to help finish someone, but it's on the same tier as Surge of Light so idk.

Re: ults, thanks for the advice. The last game had a Tracer and a Tyreal so I opted for Ball Lightning rather than trying to snag someone with a teleport, or even worse dragging their Malf into the middle of us and having him land a Twilight Dream.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I don't think I've ever seen Grubby actually take the bonus fend damage over Surge. Edit: Unsurprisingly, his build stuff for Cassia is from December of last year.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Apr 3, 2018

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

John Murdoch posted:

I don't think I've ever seen Grubby actually take the bonus fend damage over Surge. Edit: Unsurprisingly, his build stuff for Cassia is from December of last year.

Fair enough. Honestly I did most of my work with lightning javelins anyway so in the end it hardly mattered.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

There's a new grubby Cassia vid that was posted the other day if you want to see his build, he goes poke with valkyrie

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

AlmightyBob posted:

There's a new grubby Cassia vid that was posted the other day if you want to see his build, he goes poke with valkyrie

Sweet, I haven't watched some of the latest ones so I'll have to check it out.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Whenever I'm in a game with a really good player with a fast, high dps character like a Genji or an Illidan, they often are also on mute. Is there a correlation between being the kind of person who shouts so many racist profanities they get muted and being good at those characters?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Probably. I'm a Genji main now but I'm not muted yet. Still have a lot of getting good to do.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Elysium posted:

Played a bit of tracer last few days. Does everything just ignore recall now? Fenix ult goes through, just got hunted through recall...

Oh no, Tracer dying, the horror.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I've taken the fend bonus damage talent and ring of the leech every single game I've played with Cassia, interesting to see there are other options. I'll have to check them out! I've never taken Valk before. I have also gone q build in all of these games but maybe one. Granted she's only level 8 but I have an 80% win rate so far so I think the build works with my playstyle.

Fend is basically your execute and ring of the leech helps because if you blind before fend, the healing can help overcome how exposed using fend makes you. It feels like people also underestimate cassia vs someone like valla.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Cassia pairs so well with another hero who can apply blinds, like Li Li and Johanna.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Kerrzhe posted:

I got the Golden Nimbus in the first one of these, which I took as the closest one can come to permanently winning at HOTS as possible. This month's netted Zeratul and a Golden Nexus Charger :toot:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Dark templar li-ming, re-roll - zul'jin, re-roll - abathur, re-roll - auriel

rip 4500 gold

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I would love to see the math on getting the same exact item and tint after a reroll.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Got probius then rerolled and got a sort of flaming green horse. Good enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Yeah I got a Desert Queen Zagara, the same Templar Li-Ming twice, and then the same Desert Queen Zagara again. RIp