Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Joey McChrist posted:

i haven't done a playthough of earthbound in a few years and i'm about to hit moonside. god this game is so good

I recently completed Undertale and it just made me want to replay Earthbound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

nut posted:

i've never played but always wanted to if they bring it 2 switch i will

It's on the beautiful system known as the Wii U.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Areola Grande

Jolo posted:

It's on the beautiful system known as the New 3DS™.

beer pal

ive been lately playing Chess (on computer so its a video game)

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

nut

i don't have a wii u or 3ds :(

Areola Grande

sometimes life forces us to emulation my fren

beer pal

thats ok you can play it on computer. or even i hear they made a board game version of it

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

vanisher

nut posted:

i've never played but always wanted to if they bring it 2 switch i will

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

vanisher

beer pal posted:

thats ok you can play it on computer. or even i hear they made a board game version of it

lol

also i'll play chess with friends here. I used to play on RedHotPawn (https://www.redhotpawn.com/) if anyone is interested.

nut

i dunno how to play chess and probably need more beer to be taught

vanisher

nut posted:

i dunno how to play chess and probably need more beer to be taught

hwo is teaching a beer to chess going to help

Jolo

OMG I BEAT SPELUNKY! Years of attempts from 2008 to now and I've finally done it once! Aaahhhh!

303rd try over 12 years. I know there's a harder way of beating the game with a 5th area but that's for another day! Gonna crack open another one tonight! Woooo

Areola Grande

Jolo posted:

OMG I BEAT SPELUNKY! Years of attempts from 2008 to now and I've finally done it once! Aaahhhh!

303rd try over 12 years. I know there's a harder way of beating the game with a 5th area but that's for another day! Gonna crack open another one tonight! Woooo

now that's a feat. Spelunky is one of the greatest of all time imo :cheerdoge:

why not join us in the trashed crew thread 2 celebate

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Goons Are Gifts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09vVF-Hvykg

Jinh

The Tony Hawk remake is extremely chill and :krad:

Jolo

Jinh posted:

The Tony Hawk remake is extremely chill and :krad:

Oooh, I didn't realize it was out yet. Nice!

Is "If You Must" in the game with Del The Funky Homosapien?

Also, not to brag but I beat Spelunky again last night. It's wild how doing something difficult the first time flips a switch in your brain that makes it so much easier to repeat.

Jolo

drat, "If You Must" isn't in the game because it was in THPS3.

Finger Prince

I picked up Generation zero on ps4 on sale. It's pretty good. Fps, with strong stealth, strategy, and story aspects. Set in Sweden in 1989, the world seems pretty realistic. Pretty fun figuring out what the hell is going on, why is everyone dead and there's aggro robots everywhere? It's pretty tough on normal mode because you're really resource poor and if you're a lousy shot (I'm a lousy shot), you run out of ammo in a hurry and then you're fuuuucked. But you can always try to avoid the robots. Much more chill in adventure mode.

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

I'd talk about all the cool and good games I've played recently, but I haven't played anything except Slay the Spire for about a year now.

Well, that and Animal Crossing, needed that escapism. But seriously, Slay the Spire y'all.

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Prof. Crocodile

i have finally broken down and bought a switch. it should arrive in about a week, along with breath of the wild and witcher 3--which i started on my ps before it shot craps.

goodbye to my productivity i guess

but hello to fanciful swordplay

Prof. Crocodile

Jolo posted:

probably the best song about washing your rear end. top 3 at least.

Jolo

Prof. Crocodile posted:

probably the best song about washing your rear end. top 3 at least.

i completely agree

it clearly sets up the consequences of not washing your rear end or brushing your teeth, you'll be funky (but in a bad way)

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Areola Grande

Prof. Crocodile posted:

i have finally broken down and bought a switch. it should arrive in about a week, along with breath of the wild and witcher 3--which i started on my ps before it shot craps.

goodbye to my productivity i guess

but hello to fanciful swordplay

Pls report ur nintendo boob romance findings in GREAT DETAIL, ITT. tia

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Bobby Deluxe

buy animal crossing as well so you can completely destroy any shred of productivity you may have retained during lockdown

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Switch Buddies!

I'd say add me but with Nintendo Online the only thing being friends does is let me stalk your playtime.

Lock

whatup switchfriends

Goons Are Gifts

I rediscovered my switch and am playing all the things, like bee simulator which is a real game for the switch and very fun because you're a bee and they make a lot of bee puns beecause it's essential

Also the new paper Mario!!

Jinh

Jolo posted:

bonkers how much inspiration the THPS soundtrack had on my musical taste, i used limewire to find every other thing Del did and stumbled into Deltron 3030 and that album still slaps so hard

i play an awful lot of final fantasy 14 with my buddy. we got in-game married years ago as 2 catgirls and its been so rad

i hope if i get married irl one day, that it's playing dressup and slaying dangerous monsters with the power of bromance like this video game has led me to believe

thanks so much cda <3

FutonForensic

ffxiv's co-op mounts are ludicrous, shame my time spent in that game was grinding through story 90% by myself

im trying to finish my first ever Spelunky hell run before the next game comes out on PC. owned this game for years and i've still not seen it all the way through

Lock

FutonForensic posted:

im trying to finish my first ever Spelunky hell run before the next game comes out on PC. owned this game for years and i've still not seen it all the way through

same, though that might be more because it was always my go-to drunk game

Jolo

Spelunky 2 is out on ps4 and I'm having a great time with it. It's hard to tell if it's more difficult or just seems that way because there's new stuff and the thing that makes Spelunky less difficult is knowing how everything works.

nut

that loving dead prez song on THPS god drat

nut

I beat final fantasy crystal chronicles on switch with a couple buds over the last week and that was way more fun than when I tried to play in person as a kid with four GBAs and connector cords

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

nut posted:

I beat final fantasy crystal chronicles on switch with a couple buds over the last week and that was way more fun than when I tried to play in person as a kid with four GBAs and connector cords

don’t you need to do everything a million times and isn’t the final boss super overtuned or is PYF blowing things outta proportion again?

nut

food court bailiff posted:

don’t you need to do everything a million times and isn’t the final boss super overtuned or is PYF blowing things outta proportion again?

we were playing a lot of dungeons multiple times because progress only goes to the host, but after you unlock the next years there was so much variety in new areas or higher level old areas that we stopped repeating and then I got to be the one who could reach the last dungeon first, we all did it not knowing it's a multistage final boss and beat it just the three of us no prob. We didn't grind for items and we didn't get end game weapons and there's a whole lot you could still do after we beat it if you wanted to clear everything out, but I never see the point in doing all the grinding after you've beaten the game

Areola Grande

I heard it's the mario party of jrpgs

nut

prepuce repurposed posted:

I heard it's the mario party of jrpgs

the mechanics are pretty simple so I would definitely agree that it's all one long pretty simple mario party game

nut

also, since the switch has no voice, it's a nightmare to discord and game at the same time. I actually have a headset that can take two audio inputs, but I didn't have a patch cord long enough :smith:

Lock

nut posted:

oh man, four swords flashbacks. But we had a blast with that back in the day. We tried ffcc too but it didn’t stick for whatever reason. Might have to try again, though coordinating gaming times with my friends is a bit of a challenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Super Mario 3D All Stars babyyyyy!!!
Oh my god I have waited so many years to play Sunshine again and now it's on the switch and great and beautiful and I unironically killed my last computer years ago when trying to make that one run on an emulator on PC