Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

cant wait for the president to make a extremely thinly veiled statement about how the jews run the media and thats why they're mad!!!!!!

:lol: if you think it's gonna be veiled at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

the fake Jews media

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
"Who gives a poo poo about the holocaust guys look I'm giving Israel all the money and guns it wants to oppress defenseless civilians why are you complaining that I'm recreating the circumstances that led to you being led onto the trains?!!"

-the trump admin

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Only like 1450 days till our national nightmare is over

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can't wait for sc nominee announcement

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Someone going to have to whisper in Donnies ear hey you do know Israel is Jews right? And he'll be all BLUUUHH!?

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

Tiler Kiwi posted:

whats the rightwing spin on the holocaust thing

i imagine its screaming the WE ARE ACTUALLY INCLUSIVE line, despite how pathetic it is. I'd bet the usual "actually, there's no problem at all, you're hysterical" and "actually, you are already #triggered" lines are out as well, because they always tend to be.

I know what's the reaction would've been had it happened under Obama

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

Can't wait for sc nominee announcement

On a scale from Ted Cruz to David Duke, how awful will it be?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/xnicorn/status/823337496637566979

Lol this signs pretty great

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tiler Kiwi posted:

whats the rightwing spin on the holocaust thing

i imagine its screaming the WE ARE ACTUALLY INCLUSIVE line, despite how pathetic it is. I'd bet the usual "actually, there's no problem at all, you're hysterical" and "actually, you are already #triggered" lines are out as well, because they always tend to be.

Bingo:

quote:

The White House statement on International Holocaust Remembrance Day didn't mention Jews or anti-Semitism because "despite what the media reports, we are an incredibly inclusive group and we took into account all of those who suffered," administration spokeswoman Hope Hicks told CNN on Saturday.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

All the Jews who voted for Trump: Thank you.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

what the actual hell

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.
If there's one thing we know the Trump White House care about it's gay people and communists.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Denying non jewish suffering in the holocaust is another form of holocaust denial otoh not including them at all is weird

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Human posted:

If there's one thing we know the Trump White House care about it's gay people and communists.

The Jehova's Witnesses are finally getting their due.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

drat Brits are dunking on us for protest signs against our own pissbaby.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lol isnt the netenyahu strategy trying to force the hand of the jewish diaspora to return to zion so they have no choice but to submit to his rule

thats basically the isis strategy in a microcosm and with the backing of a legitimate nationstate

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

jBrereton posted:

Denying non jewish suffering in the holocaust is another form of holocaust denial otoh not including them at all is weird

Every time trump and his pals do something that seems a bit odd just imagine the reaction from republicans if Obama had done the same thing.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

what was it

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

jBrereton posted:

as was pointed out, its not like there's a character limit on this stuff, they could have just written about those victims, too

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kurtofan posted:

what was it

Something about a single biased liberal judge shouldn't be able to overrule the President

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

FAKE JEWS!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Tiler Kiwi posted:

as was pointed out, its not like there's a character limit on this stuff

Unless of course you use twitter as your primary conduit of communication with the public.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

jBrereton posted:

yea I'm 100% saying 'and these groups also suffered horribly during these purges, and we remember them as well' but...yea...you still have to say the Jews too. It's not like there was some premium of space, if he really wanted to talk about all affected groups he could have said "We remember the suffering and oppression faced by the Jewish people, Romani, homosexuals, disabled, political dissidents, and countless other groups' or something. You gotta at least mention the main victims before you go all #allgenocidematters!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tiler Kiwi posted:

as was pointed out, its not like there's a character limit on this stuff, they could have just written about those victims, too

Trump lovers the world over don't much care for gays, communists, Slavs, Jehova's Witnesses, Roma, or the disabled either. Weird.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
lmao 10 days. the next four years are going to last forever

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/Kevinliptakcnn/status/825707276157779969

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

To be fair, Obama administration could have as well, but used the language "6 million Jews and other people."

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:yikes:

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:wtc:

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

I wish they'd re-open the Armory for concerts but those inner-city youth ruined everything

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

rear end cobra posted:

I feel like we are going to be the ones who age at the rate of a normal president instead of Donald.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/825693599551586304

inshallah

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

rear end cobra posted:

yeah holy poo poo

hahahahaha holy poo poo

pissssssssssssssssssss

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Leader of the free world everybody

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
trump is slowing down the passage of time I swear, it feels like a month and not just 10 days...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Baloogan posted:

yeah holy poo poo

admit it, part of ur support for trump is an elaborate life-extension ploy

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

i'm loving this

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

It's true that people should acknowledge that a wide variety of people were killed in the camps, but The whole point of why it's important to emphasize Jewish suffering under the holocaust is because it stands as a giant lesson that this is the natural outcome of a sustained scapegoating and targeting of a minority group through racism, discrimination. bigotry, propaganda and making the population fear them and believe that they are under threat by a shadowy international cabal of people plotting to attack you. Instead Zionism and Christian fundamentalism made it more about supporting a racist apartheid state ethnically cleansing a totally innocent party more than it actually is about the loving dangers of racial politics, fearmongering, targeting of minority's and fascism.

The reason why trump and co are doing this now is to diminish those lessons, because the policies he's enacting are a recreation of the kind of policies that lead to the wholesale slaughter and oppression of minorities which he's setting the stage for.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jan 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

rear end cobra posted:

Everyone's going to burn out real fast and then the real horror will begin.

• Locked thread