Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer pal

my deeply entrenched gamer instincts give me an aversion to buying consumables but at least at the point im at in spunky skill that seems like the wrong mindset

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Buy
Yall
Ofda
Bombs

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

picked up Catherine Full Body and this puzzle game is super horney

nut

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

find me a puuzzle game that aint am i right

Finger Prince

nut posted:

Portal is highly sexual if you think about. I try not to because I am chaste.

Jolo

Nothing horny about tetris, you just create a nice tight hole for your long narrow shaft to fit into. You do this over and over until you're sated.

Prof. Crocodile

nut posted:

is dr Mario a sexual being? that game makes me horny I know that much.

nut

Prof. Crocodile posted:

is dr Mario a sexual being? that game makes me horny I know that much.

do u know what those pills do

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

it's a mad cool game though

iirc there was a huge competitive scene for a while

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

I appreciate the feedback re: switch vs n64 mario y'all. I wouldn't have ever known. The jump from 2d Nintendo platformers to 3d Nintendo collectathons was not something I made back in the day and trying to do so now is not exactly scratching the itch I feel like it should, but I don't wanna just write it off outta hand.

But I mean the only game I really wanna be playing recently is Slay the Spire so I guess I shouldn't complain.

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Lock posted:

I appreciate the feedback re: switch vs n64 mario y'all. I wouldn't have ever known. The jump from 2d Nintendo platformers to 3d Nintendo collectathons was not something I made back in the day and trying to do so now is not exactly scratching the itch I feel like it should, but I don't wanna just write it off outta hand.

But I mean the only game I really wanna be playing recently is Slay the Spire so I guess I shouldn't complain.

don't feel tied to mario 64/playing them in order if you have the collection - mario galaxy is straight-up one of the best platformers around

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

awesome, I'll def keep that in mind!

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

more falafel please

forums poster

picked up hades on the switch. it's pretty fun so far but I'm stuck on the first boss

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

nut posted:

holding back my gushing goo until i find a place to put it? yeah i'm playing Pipe Dreams

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Ok so two things:

1) I've got a switch and animal crossing.and now I can't stop, someone send h e l p
2) does anyone remember a free online poker game we used to play in the yob (and elsewhere probably, but I don't care for the grey forums). You could change your avatar and one if them was just a giant eyeball. I'm buggered if I can remember it and it's driving me crazy!

I used to be quite the card shark back in the day :smuggo:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

JhatDontMessOk
Party animals is jokes

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

holding back my gushing goo until i find a place to put it? yeah i'm playing Pipe Dreams

Pipe Dreams owns rear end :colbert:

FutonForensic

more falafel please posted:

picked up hades on the switch. it's pretty fun so far but I'm stuck on the first boss

the game does a good job of making each boss feel like an impossible roadblock until you crack it, then you'll be breezing through it before you know it.

if you'd like tips, putting athena's reflect on dash strike and then picking up any damage boon that applies to dashing is a great way to prevent damage and deal it at the same time. works pretty well on sword or shield

FutonForensic fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 12, 2020

more falafel please

forums poster

FutonForensic posted:

the game does a good job of making each boss feel like an impossible roadblock until you crack it, then you'll be breezing through it before you know it.

if you'd like tips, putting athena's reflect on dash strike and then picking up any damage boon that applies to dashing is a great way to prevent damage and deal it at the same time. works pretty well on sword or shield

yeah on the runs i've gotten to megaera i haven't gotten any reflect boons, which does seem like the way to go. i've been mostly really liking the sword for clearing rooms, might switch to the shield so i get get more targeted range with the special for meg. i hated the bow the one run i used it

beer pal

the shield felt like the easiest weapon for me to learn with, since you can block to get some breathing room when you're overwhelmed

more falafel please

forums poster

i just had a ridiculous run in hades where I beat mag for only the second time, then got all the way to Styx. stupid poison rats did me in though. the spear is insanely good, and I lucked out with boons right at the beginning so I had dash doing damage, main attack deflecting, and dash strike doing triple hits.

i just bought another death defy so hopefully when I get on a good run next time I can take it to the house

beer pal

hell ya i love the triple dash strike

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

hades every night for me and i have beaten it more than half a dozen times

i like the spear shield and bow

i don’t really like the gun but i beat the game with it once

i am ok at the sword but haven’t beaten the game with it

i am not good at the fists and hate them

Areola Grande

Bo-Pepper posted:

hades every night for me and i have beaten it more than half a dozen times

i like the spear shield and bow

i don’t really like the gun but i beat the game with it once

i am ok at the sword but haven’t beaten the game with it

i am not good at the fists and hate them

welcome back bo-pepper. how's your wool lookout this year

Prof. Crocodile

i've played like 3 video games in the past 5 years, but i just got a switch and i have been playing witcher 3. and to be honest i'm not super into it. the stories that comprise the are very good--which i guess is to be expected when it's based on successful fantasy novels--but i'm really not enjoying the gameplay. the leveling is kind of pointless, and it seems like there aren't any unique monster designs at all. maybe i did too many side quests and the game just wore out its welcome.

right now i'm just forcing my way to through it so i can start breath of the wild.

A Concrete Divider

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Prof. Crocodile posted:

i've played like 3 video games in the past 5 years, but i just got a switch and i have been playing witcher 3. and to be honest i'm not super into it. the stories that comprise the are very good--which i guess is to be expected when it's based on successful fantasy novels--but i'm really not enjoying the gameplay. the leveling is kind of pointless, and it seems like there aren't any unique monster designs at all. maybe i did too many side quests and the game just wore out its welcome.

right now i'm just forcing my way to through it so i can start breath of the wild.

try dragon quest 11

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

prepuce repurposed posted:

welcome back bo-pepper. how's your wool lookout this year

terrible as there is no sheep and wool this year also i tried to fight charon and he beat me pretty easily i don't feel good about it

Jolo

Friends, I got my first Spelunky 2 victory last night. Been playing every day since it came out and it's definitely tougher than the first. They toned down some of the enemy spawns in the first area with a patch so it's a little less difficult.

LethalGeek

Fall Guys is the battle royale made for my grew up on Mario self that lets me clown on children over and over.

....lol you have this function on?

Waste of space.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Finished Horny Qbert (Catherine : Full Body). Good game but they want you to replay it for 13 different endings and I'm not really feeling that

late to the game, but started The Last of Us (the Remaster) and it's gorgeous with some good acting on the voice cast. Gameplay is still a bit iffy, since there's such a heavy stealth focus early on and the one-hit zombies are annoying

beer pal

Jolo posted:

Friends, I got my first Spelunky 2 victory last night. Been playing every day since it came out and it's definitely tougher than the first. They toned down some of the enemy spawns in the first area with a patch so it's a little less difficult.

i didnt notice the nerf but nw that you mention it its been a bit since ive had one of those nightmare four moles at once scenarios. i feel like ive gotten a lot better, olmec is easy now and ive got to mermaid lady who i think is the final boss a couple times. feels like if i get to the later levels its usually because ive got some nice gear and if ive got some nice gear the later levels arent that hard

Jolo

beer pal posted:

i didnt notice the nerf but nw that you mention it its been a bit since ive had one of those nightmare four moles at once scenarios. i feel like ive gotten a lot better, olmec is easy now and ive got to mermaid lady who i think is the final boss a couple times. feels like if i get to the later levels its usually because ive got some nice gear and if ive got some nice gear the later levels arent that hard

That encounter in 6-4 is really tough if you just have a whip but really easy with a shotgun. I've come close with the whip but have only done it with the shottie.

Like the first game, I think the biggest thing is just improving at knowing what everything does and when to use items to make a hard part easier or skip it altogether. Well, also just getting better at visually picking up on the especially dangerous things like bear traps.

StrixNebulosa

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I did not miss modding games eesh I just want to play Fallout 4 but good already

sb hermit

Finished Horny Qbert (Catherine : Full Body). Good game but they want you to replay it for 13 different endings and I'm not really feeling that

late to the game, but started The Last of Us (the Remaster) and it's gorgeous with some good acting on the voice cast. Gameplay is still a bit iffy, since there's such a heavy stealth focus early on and the one-hit zombies are annoying

I beat the game on the PS3 but I don't have a PS4 to do part 2. I hope you get through it, it's a very satisfying game.

Finger Prince

I kind of wanted to try out Pokémon Go since it came out, and I figured it would be kinda neat because I used to travel a lot in the Before Times, but I don't know. It seems like the kind of thing that's not really designed for casual laziness.

Areola Grande

Finger Prince posted:

I kind of wanted to try out Pokémon Go since it came out, and I figured it would be kinda neat because I used to travel a lot in the Before Times, but I don't know. It seems like the kind of thing that's not really designed for casual laziness.

It's 4 ppl like me who have a dog that demands being walked daily. Pokemon go owns if you walk or run for daily exercise.

senpai pls notice my kilometers

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande

that's about 2200 miles. my feet hurt

Finger Prince

I try to walk a bunch on the weekend and go for bike rides but the weather is turning for poo poo now so it'll just be walkies mainly through the winter. Can you play it just as a collection and PVE game? Or do you have to battle tryhard randos and maintain the pokes like tamagochis and poo poo?

Areola Grande

I interact with other ppl rarely. For me it's just a reward system 4 exercise. also I'm a pokemaniac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

prepuce repurposed posted:

I interact with other ppl rarely. For me it's just a reward system 4 exercise. also I'm a pokemaniac