Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I bet it will work pretty good with the wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

YA EXCEPT EUROPE AND THE US DON"T ALLOW ELECTRONICS ON FLIGHTS FROM THE MIDDLE EAST ANYMORE, THANKS

not like the 3 fastest growing airlines in the world are middle east based or anything

Lol as if I'm ever giving money to Qatar or the UAE companies considering their slave labor practices back home along with many other fun human rights abuses, let alone ever traveling to most of the middle east due to being a second class citizen due to my vagina.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

What's the best way to get digital Puyo Puyo Tetris in the UK? I really object to paying 50% more.

Nov 24, 2014

parallelodad posted:

Zelda is the best English voice acting in the game.
:yeah:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I wish I could do split screen battle with a horizontal layout. It's way too easy to lose someone when you are chasing them down.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

well why not posted:

What's the best way to get digital Puyo Puyo Tetris in the UK? I really object to paying 50% more.

Make a new Nintendo Account as someone who lives in the US and create a user on your Switch using those credentials. When opening the eShop, open it as that user and buy it. You can then play it as your main user account, but I think that fake US user account has to stick around as a user on the system.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
there might be a direct this week.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I will say that this game is unbearable at anything other than 200cc

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Nah

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/HAMSTER_Corp/status/859327444855042048

Looks like Hamsters picking up Nintendo's lack of virtual console slack quite nicely.

fastbilly1
May 11, 2016
I just wish they would drop an arcade stick for the Switch. Or just an interface.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What for?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Third-party arcade sticks, presumably.

fastbilly1
May 11, 2016
NeoGeo games, PuyoXTetris, and Bomberman. All are better with arcade stick.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Well there's the RAPV releasing presumably next month alongside USFII

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How so?

I know it looks like I'm being obtuse but I have never understood arcade sticks. Growing up playing arcade games I was always relieved when those games for ported to console and I could play with a normal d-pad instead of those giant buttons and stick.

I mean, puyo-puyo Tetris especially I will never have an incorrect input thanks to the seperated d-pad. Buttons where I can just use my thumb are better than needing your whole hand!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Yeah. It sucks when it's bad. Weird.

"Bad"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

Looks like Hamsters picking up Nintendo's lack of virtual console slack quite nicely.

I'm just hoping they don't release Puzzle Bobble/Bust A Move, or my free time is done.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Zelda's VA is bad by nintendo's own standards but there's barely any of it so w/e

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Release the fuckin neo geo baseball!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

parallelodad posted:

How so?

I know it looks like I'm being obtuse but I have never understood arcade sticks. Growing up playing arcade games I was always relieved when those games for ported to console and I could play with a normal d-pad instead of those giant buttons and stick.

Arcade sticks allow you to use your entire arm for input, which helps when you're trying to make precise movements (ask PC players about mouse sensitivity) and the microswitches give you tactile feedback when activated. If you're used to it you can use it with a level of confidence and precision that's hard to match with other input methods.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Knew that MK8 was waiting for me at my office, brought my switch, me and colleagues played two tournaments over lunch. It owned. Tiny screen though for 4 players.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

parallelodad posted:

Her accent is so bad, it's the first English accent that I've ever wished could be replaced by an American one.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
the acting reminds me of that time i tried to watch an anime, which was dubbed, in the 90's, back when you were not put on a watchlist. everyone sounds like that so i guess it fits that ghibli style they got going.

first anime i watched was that scarlett johansson one and the 2nd and last one i ever watched was that one with the kid who turns into a demon when he fucks and theres alot of demons and alot of loving going on. hmm.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 2, 2017

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Jimmy Hats posted:

150cc is perfect. I keep getting 100cc courses online and I can't wait for that to stop. I think once you pass a certain point threshold you get 150cc and up, I can't remember.

Baby Park is like the one exception because 200cc Baby Park with 2x items and 12 racers is like 20 seconds of hilarity.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

My friend I don't think you're watching the right animes

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man
I've noticed a bit of extraneous noise when playing the Switch with headphones. Just navigating menus generates audible feedback. My suspicion is the headphone audio connection isn't shielded very well, but I don't know if this is a general design flaw or if it's just my Switch.

Anyone else?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Release the fuckin neo geo baseball!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

enojy posted:

150cc is perfect. I keep getting 100cc courses online and I can't wait for that to stop. I think once you pass a certain point threshold you get 150cc and up, I can't remember.

Baby Park is like the one exception because 200cc Baby Park with 2x items and 12 racers is like 20 seconds of hilarity.

Somewhere around 3000 rank points in the Wii U version, get grinding!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Airfoil posted:

I've noticed a bit of extraneous noise when playing the Switch with headphones. Just navigating menus generates audible feedback. My suspicion is the headphone audio connection isn't shielded very well, but I don't know if this is a general design flaw or if it's just my Switch.

Anyone else?

Others have mentioned this a few times yeah. I'm 35 and have meh hearing so I don't hear whatever pitch you all do, but I used to hear that sort of thing in most any electronics. Old age is good for something :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Release Windjammers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPrsTQIVoXE

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
drat my post is the thread title feels good man

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

enojy posted:

The music getting faster and faster with each lap is just the icing on the chaos cake really :allears:.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I need to use my entire arm to move a tetris piece to the left

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Metroid Prime 3 should be an example of how a Nintendo game can have well performed English voice acting

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

LethalGeek posted:

Others have mentioned this a few times yeah. I'm 35 and have meh hearing so I don't hear whatever pitch you all do, but I used to hear that sort of thing in most any electronics. Old age is good for something :v:

I'm older than you and don't (I think) have particularly good hearing. It's not high-pitched coil whine like you often get from motherboards and video cards, it's more a mid-range hiss.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Airfoil posted:

Anyone else?

I've gotten that a couple times and I just needed to push my cable in a little more.

fastbilly1
May 11, 2016

parallelodad posted:

How so?

I mean, puyo-puyo Tetris especially I will never have an incorrect input thanks to the seperated d-pad. Buttons where I can just use my thumb are better than needing your whole hand!
That is a fair question. I too grew up playing arcade games and for years I loved dpad for home versions (I have brand new SNES/SFC and Saturn Model 2s in storage). But as I get older, and end up playing with more people with less game experience, I found arcade setups superior specifically because they are easier for non gamers and arcade parts can be replaced cheaply - if they break or become very nasty. I use to run a convention so that was a real concern, and because of that I got use to playing many games with an arcade stick.

I have no issue playing Puyo Tetris with the doghead, but playing it with the joycon only is tough. Having played it 4 player more than once, its either buy 2x more controller sets, or arcade sticks/interfaces. Obviously the ZD encoder will not be updated to work with the Switch, but someone will make a compatible BT encoder eventually.

Well that and it would be killer to be able to slot the Switch into one of my cabs.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Infinitum posted:

The next two releases better be Baseball Stars and Eightman or I'ma gonna be mighty sore!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

parallelodad posted:

I like her a lot. The Goron dudes are by far the worst so far for me.

• Locked thread