Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the Yuke's games have been samey forever but 2k20 is the first one i'm aware of that's an outright broken, hosed up pile of poo poo

if you like the general style of gameplay, everything from HCTP straight through to 2k19 is at least, like, okay afaik

They were functional, the online worked (to a point, 2k19 wasn't happy with more than 4 CAWs in a match it seemed), and trying to do Whose Gimmick Is It Anyway didn't create horrifying non-euclidian polygonal abominations from an eldritch dimension. 2k20 is just on a whole new level of broken compared to the previous games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the Yuke's games have been samey forever but 2k20 is the first one i'm aware of that's an outright broken, hosed up pile of poo poo

if you like the general style of gameplay, everything from HCTP straight through to 2k19 is at least, like, okay afaik

When was the last game that didn't have the mini game for kickouts/submissions? I hate those. I'm just not good at them. I always end up getting pinned after the simplest move or submitting because I didn't move the control stick right.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Does anyone have links handy to some of newLEGACYinc's best stuff? I only started watching recently, like the highlights from this years Royalest Rumble and the 2k20 storyline mode, and I enjoy them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irE8uWCBzb4

vince russo books EWR is real good

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it’s by a long way the closest russo ever came to being likeable

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

he reverse misawa'd himself, the mad lad

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Games half off on Humble Store. Great way to celebrate the new patch that is apparently increasing stability and deleting saves.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Yeah but the new patch apparently fixes a glitch that lets you assign moves you haven't unlocked yet and that's what's really important.

also:
yeah so W.A.V.E. Pro-Wrestling is tonight, starting in about 10 minutes. I was sick last week so I forgot what exactly I booked when I recorded the show but I think the main is Glambot vs Triumph. Come check it out
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling/

Takuan fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 22, 2019

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Oh hey Takuan Kris Statlander is actually 5'9 so yeah she's only like an inch shorter than whatsisname. I got that wrong earlier.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

remusclaw posted:

Oh hey Takuan Kris Statlander is actually 5'9 so yeah she's only like an inch shorter than whatsisname. I got that wrong earlier.

Good to know.

For everyone else, 'whatsisname' is referring to Chris Dickinson. I had seen a match between Dickinson and Statlander and it made me wonder if either Dickinson was short or Statlander was tall.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
For some ungodly reason 2K have the WWE game up on the Xbox streaming beta, which I'm doing, so... let's try this car wreck.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/SmackNetwork/status/1197602003465179136

...It's probably for the best

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah honestly the next patch should just be one that deletes the game entirely and blocks your browser from mentioning that it ever existed, Stalinist Russia style

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If you're a mobile card game person, you may be interested to know that New Japan Card Collector is out for at least android. You gacha for cards and then trade them with people to get new cards. If you can like battle them or whatever i have not found it yet. Anyway i got a 3 star Jushin Liger card so its good

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

If anybody else is on Collector, my ID is ZAFKGI

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I Before E posted:

If anybody else is on Collector, my ID is ZAFKGI

Mine is ET5VDF

E: i love that NJPW Card Collector has fields in the profile for your height, weight, and how long you have been a fan, so you can filter out the marks and the manlets

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 25, 2019

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
My ID: WMVLMJ

it's kind of weird that this isn't a game, it's just collecting cards. I guess that's kind of nice. My first four star was Jay White so I'm happy it's someone cool.

I've already finished the bingo card so I'm hoping there will be more to do without ponying up some cash. Luckily I pre-registered by like two days so I got a bunch of lion stones to start with.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yeah i figure I'll keep it installed in case someone accidentally patches in something to do but im out of coins and gems and just signing in to do one pull a day for no reason seems bad

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Bored and hacking games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG4BG6wbjzA

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

QLM4JE for the gacha deal or you can simply find me by the same name

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Gacha games are bad and these games where you do nothing but collect things are even worse and yet somehow I find this installed.
ID: ZIFLCV

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Takuan posted:

Gacha games are bad and these games where you do nothing but collect things are even worse and yet somehow I find this installed.
ID: ZIFLCV

actually the gameplay on gacha poo poo is usually absolutely poo poo so cutting that out entirely is a very good move.

edit: misspelled “gacha” forgive me

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

For those who don't already have it (not me anymore!), Fire Pro Wrestling World is on a steep discount on Steam as part of the Autumn Sale this week.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Jerusalem posted:

For those who don't already have it (not me anymore!), Fire Pro Wrestling World is on a steep discount on Steam as part of the Autumn Sale this week.

I'm really tempted, but that's a lot of pricey DLC to do the whole "dream match simulator" thing...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I just grabbed the base game, I'll gently caress around with it a bit and see how I like it, I'm sure there'll be another sale at some later point if I ever want to pick up any of the DLC.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
fire pro is swiftly gaining paradox levels of dlc, and none of them are a story mode written by suda51 so whatever. base game is super fun tho my partner and i enjoy picking random caws and trying to do Sick poo poo. i’m not into running simulations but that’s the power of firepro there’s something for everyone except for if that someone wants a decent story mode. then that someone is SOL BABY YEEEEOWWWW

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Just bought the base game and Fire Promoter. Been looking for a wrestling booking sim that doesn't take an hour to set up each show and I can watch or participate in the matches as a bonus. Now to spend 3 days downloading CAWs and setting up rosters.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Regrettable posted:

Now to spend 3 days downloading CAWs and setting up rosters.

The good life :cheers:

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Serious suggestion: The best deals in Fire Pro DLC for people who are interested in downloading a wide variety of wrestlers, or making their own, are the NJPW Heavyweight and Jr. Heavyweight DLCs. Both of them have a bunch of moves and costume parts that are widely used by a lot of people.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Buy the Takayama one because as far as i can tell is that all proceeds are still donated to Takayama himself.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

KungFu Grip posted:

Buy the Takayama one because as far as i can tell is that all proceeds are still donated to Takayama himself.

Also gives you the Frye/Takayama spot as a new move

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

WatermelonGun posted:

fire pro is swiftly gaining paradox levels of dlc, and none of them are a story mode written by suda51 so whatever.

Not sure if you already know and are being cheeky about it but they did hire Suda to write a story mode and it's one of the last two remaining DLCs

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

IGgy IGsen posted:

Not sure if you already know and are being cheeky about it but they did hire Suda to write a story mode and it's one of the last two remaining DLCs

lol no i didn’t that rules

still too much dlc

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

The Deluxe Edition of WWE 2k19 is on sale for $22.49 at Nuuvem for anyone like me who only buys a WWE game once every few years, plays on PC, and doesn't want 2k20 because it's broken. They get their Steam keys directly from the publisher but are based in Brazil so you need a verified Paypal account to purchase certain games from them if you are outside their region. A lot of publishers, including 2k, don't want people buying tons of keys on the cheap and reselling them for a profit. Note that the key in the link is not good in South America, the UK, Europe, or Asia. Also, I have used Nuuvem a few times before and never had any issues other than it sometimes taking around an hour to get my keys but I got my 2k19 key immediately.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the 2k19 servers are still online and the game isn't broken so its not the worst deal

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

the 2k19 servers are still online and the game isn't broken so its not the worst deal

That said, the PC creation stuff on the servers is not great. I checked just the other day and there just was not many people making good stuff in general for PC 2k19.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Jerusalem posted:

Already have Steam but does the PS4 version ever get discounted?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

not played a smackdown game in over two decades but the worst thing about them as i recall was having to edit everybody's move list because half of them were random attacks that had nothing to do with how they actually wrestled

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

oh but seriously I posted:

not played a smackdown game in over two decades but the worst thing about them as i recall was having to edit everybody's move list because half of them were random attacks that had nothing to do with how they actually wrestled

Its only worse now. The creation suite is bloated.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah there's like 50 categories of moves and it's a slog to do each one at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah there's like 50 categories of moves and it's a slog to do each one at a time.

This is what I'm finding out. Plus they changed how some move types work so they're in completely different categories and it's confusing as hell for someone who hasn't played in a few years, especially when trying to set Sigs and Finishers. Like, rope moves that used to be grapples are now strikes and there are so so many sub-menus.

e: It took me 4 hours to completely create my character for My Player and 95% of the options were locked off. He is, of course, indie as hell, with a shiny plastic tank top and and trashbag pants and he does all the flippy moves I could afford.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 29, 2019