Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Snazzy Frocks posted:

anyone with rikku USB set as RW would kindly post their friend codes?

(i have cloud USB, u want me....)

ehoG

Does any stat increase the duration of rikkus buff or is it just a flat duration?

VVVV Cool thanks

Ybrik fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Snazzy Frocks posted:

(i have cloud USB, u want me....)

QKq6 for Rikku, or you can always use the RW Search on FFRK Central.

Ybrik posted:

ehoG

Does any stat increase the duration of rikkus buff or is it just a flat duration?

The MND stat does, but there's not a lot of weapons that she can equip which have MND. That might be the one case where Tiny Bee is actually useful (if you dive Rikku to equip guns).

Boogaloo Shrimp fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jul 14, 2017

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I'd rather add goons first but yeah I use that site when im in a pinch

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

The MND stat does, but there's not a lot of weapons that she can equip which have MND. That might be the one case where Tiny Bee is actually useful (if you dive Rikku to equip guns).

I'm seeing people using Hope's throwing weapons and Garnet's Daggers to boost MND

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I got dupe riot blade on my dollar pull yay i guess lol

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Pander posted:

so being part of the booby prize crew, what's the best way to use Lulu USB?

Hone up the 5* abyssal shards and unleash hell after building up a bar?

Entrust-botting her to 3 bars and then USB->abyssal->USB->abyssal->USB->abyssal->abyssal, with everything instant-cast after that first USB?
Use her in Jump Start fights for the 3 bar fun

Ybrik posted:

MND will increase the length of haste, protectga, and shellga but not the stat buff. Haste length starts at 20 seconds with 0 MND and increases by 2-3 seconds for every 100 MND, topping out at 33 seconds for 500 MND. Proshellga start at 35s with 0 MND and increase by 3 seconds for every 100 MND.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I have Ramza USB up right now but will be switching to Rikku with MND gear once I get the USB mastered. Code is eeze

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I'm seeing people using Hope's throwing weapons and Garnet's Daggers to boost MND

There's also Raines' gloves since Rikku can also use fist weapons, but they won't give nearly as much MND.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Spent most of the afternoon racing through realm dungeons to gather 50 more Mythril for a third and final pull for Cloud USB. Did I get it?

gently caress no, 1/11, another useless Shotgun

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Also keep in mind that MND increases the duration of the Protect/Shell/Haste effects from Rikku's USB, but not the ATK/MAG boosts; those have a fixed duration. So after 300 or so MND (which extends the Haste duration to 25s on speed 3, same as the ATK/MAG boosts), increasing MND after that isn't nearly as important.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

If I get Rikku's materia that extends buffs does that apply to none, all, or some of her USB?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Ybrik posted:

If I get Rikku's materia that extends buffs does that apply to none, all, or some of her USB?

As I understand it 30/30 and Proshellga, yes. Haste, no.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Does this include SB usage, like you could get a quickcast off of Cloud's BSB2 or USB? If so that could be especially hilarious to trigger a quickcast off the USB to insta-fire his BSB2. Even if it 'only' works on skills and his BSB2 commands that's still significant. Especially once we can finish his LS board and pair it with the chance to double fire combat skills (like his BSB2 commands), assuming the double proc means a double shot at the quickcast proc.

If it works like other LMRs, yes. Zidane's OSB (coded as a thief-type skill) can trigger his relic Legend Materia (Quickcast proc after using Thief skills).

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

LornMarkus posted:

As I understand it 30/30 and Proshellga, yes. Haste, no.

Only the 30/30 buff.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Zurai posted:

Only the 30/30 buff.

Ahah, thanks for the correction again. I recalled hearing that Y'sh Proshellga from Atherial Pulse lasted forever because of her MND but I don't doubt that could be wrong.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

LornMarkus posted:

Ahah, thanks for the correction again. I recalled hearing that Y'sh Proshellga from Atherial Pulse lasted forever because of her MND but I don't doubt that could be wrong.

No, Mind does extend the duration of Protect, Shell, Haste, and other status effects (but not Attack/Magic buffs, etc). Rikku's +30% Buff Duration LMR does not, however; it only extends the Attack/Magic buff portion of the SB.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Proshellga basically lasts so long on its own its not even worth fretting over.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I paid a dollar for a dupe riot blade wee.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Zurai posted:

No, Mind does extend the duration of Protect, Shell, Haste, and other status effects (but not Attack/Magic buffs, etc). Rikku's +30% Buff Duration LMR does not, however; it only extends the Attack/Magic buff portion of the SB.

Oh, well . . . Glad they decided to make things simple and uniform. :eng99:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

LornMarkus posted:

Oh, well . . . Glad they decided to make things simple and uniform. :eng99:

It is though? It specifically says stat increases, proshellga is a status effect.

Like yeah i agree that part could be explained better but its not contradictory to anything else.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
It's really just the common FF statuses that are MND based - Protect, Shell, Haste, Regen, Reflect; and negative ones like Stop and Poison. All the other buffs that affect stats should apply to the LM2.

Reason you rarely have to worry about Protectga and Shellga is that it lasts 35 seconds default + 3 seconds per 100 MND. It's why they last so long when your White Mage casts them. So while Rikku's LM2 doesn't apply, you don't need to worry about the duration.

It's just Haste that ruins things. Since its default length is 20 seconds (same MND modifier as Protect/Shell), it needs refreshing earlier then the other buffs. Manageable if you have a BSB heavy team, but makes the LM2 a bit less attractive.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I was pondering this today while putting together an FFX team to do some of the event... is there a reason other than balance that Auron doesn't have at least 4* support? He was the FFX character with all the stat debuffs...

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
So at what point is Shout on as a freebie in one of the Dr Mog banners? I thought that was coming up because man it's all I need to have a full toolbox Ramza, and Christ do I need it. I swore it was coming up?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I am looking forward to keepers choice 1 & 2 going away in the next 2 months

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Servaetes posted:

So at what point is Shout on as a freebie in one of the Dr Mog banners? I thought that was coming up because man it's all I need to have a full toolbox Ramza, and Christ do I need it. I swore it was coming up?

Possibly never given Global is several months late on the new Dr Mog's and Keeper's select banners. JP side they were up during 2nd Anniversary, and pretty soon you'll blow past the timeline where the BSB Selection dropped too (notably distinct from the 30th Anniversary Gem-Only selection and the Crystal Tower Selection).

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I am looking forward to keepers choice 1 & 2 going away in the next 2 months

Oh poo poo they're going away soon? I have to save up my mythril to pull on them as many times as I can before they go!

:v:

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Servaetes posted:

Never as a freebie, but it was on Tyro 3 and Mog 2 in Japan. Both of those are months late. Mog 2 was the one with SSB selection, and I think the Tactics choice was Agrias's old SSB1.

We're so disconnected from Japan for the beginner banners that we'll have to get something completely different.

Best reliable chance for Shout is either the next Tactics banner (Meliadoul 2 features Delita/Ovelia USBs and has Shout) or waiting even longer for Tactics Advance, where Ramza gets an improved Shout BSB on a really nice banner with Marche and Agrias.

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Oh poo poo they're going away soon? I have to save up my mythril to pull on them as many times as I can before they go!

:v:

Last chance at a 0/11 pull everyone!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Servaetes posted:

Japan And Global Are Two Different Games TM

That is to say, they've been skipping Beginner's Banners for us outright so there's no telling if or when Dr. Mog will ever release a banner again.

I was pondering this today while putting together an FFX team to do some of the event... is there a reason other than balance that Auron doesn't have at least 4* support? He was the FFX character with all the stat debuffs...

Wakka needs some reason to see use. Ever. (Also, FFX was one of the earlier-implemented realms, so a decent swath of the characters have deep-seated Issues compared to newer, diverse chars.)

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

iPodschun posted:

Rikku with MND gear. Code is eeze
I have Rikku USB up now, for anyone looking to add more. Got her up to 301 MND with Tiny Bee.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Hmm 1/11 rikku BSB. Could be worse! I have 2 water imperils and a Tidus with OSB/BSB so I can do some water team stuff

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
even though you can do the XP daily on any day now in JP, it still pays to save it for Sunday because holy moly

that's one stage at 40 stamina

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Auron was an early character and in the early game the Break abilities (Not breakdown) were your bread and butter.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KataraniSword posted:

Japan And Global Are Two Different Games TM

That is to say, they've been skipping Beginner's Banners for us outright so there's no telling if or when Dr. Mog will ever release a banner again.

Also why we're probably not going to see the free 30 pull, among other things that are inexplicably denied to us (BRA*BRA events and the like (and their motes :argh:)).

e: So tempted to try another pull for Rikku's USB but if I want to use it there seems to be plenty of RWs for it.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 15, 2017

Blockhead
Jun 6, 2003

turtle power
I could use some advice on what to go for next. I currently have 550 Mythril saved up and no idea what items will be worth trying for that will be decent upgrades. I am completely F2P and have been extremely picky and lucky with my Mythril spending. My current main team is:

OK (VoF and SSB)
TG Cid (OSB & BSB)
Healer depends on realm
Ramza (Shout, Medica, random others)
Agrias (OSB & BSB)

My Mage team is:
Terra (OSB & enfire SSB)
Krile (Sheepsong & Unspoken Bond)
OK (VoF)
Golbez (Twin Moon)
Alph (Deployment and BSB)

I also have a decent team set up for Fire, Lightning, Wind and Holy.

I have a wall on Y'shtola and the only piece I know I'm missing for sure is a healer BSB, I have been trying for one at every opportunity and have not managed to get a single one. I would take any of them at this point. I'm tempted to go for the Rikku USB to replace Ramza and maybe add to my Mage teams as well. Would that be worth spending some Mythril on or would it not be much of an upgrade for me? Any advice on future banners to look out for? Any ideas on changes to make to either team to improve it? I have a bunch of other OSB and BSB but I have the most luck with this set up. I swap characters out as needed for realm synergy and to hit weakness. Any advice would be appreciated.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Yuna doesn't have bard, dancer, or shapshooter. Even if we're only going off of the first game, she should at least get 4* dancer just for Sending purposes.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Rikkus usb is the rw king but natively it's hard to fit her in for off realm content

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Scrounged up the mythril for the lucky draw!

Dupes, as far as a dupe pull goes it's still a solid pull, a 6*+ Apoc and a 5*+ Genji Gloves are good!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Armitage posted:

Scrounged up the mythril for the lucky draw!

Dupes, as far as a dupe pull goes it's still a solid pull, a 6*+ Apoc and a 5*+ Genji Gloves are good!

Yeah genji gloves are loaded with attack for armor and obviously 6*+ with full rosettas is gonna be a multi-realm monster.

At about 25 myth. Dupes are now Lulu USB, Rikku BSB, and Jecht boostga SSB. It is going to be so hard to listen to the sensible voice that says to never chase.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Rikkus usb is the rw king but natively it's hard to fit her in for off realm content

Its hard to fit her in when she has nearly every skill? She'll be your debuffer with dances. Or a machinist. Or a sharpshooter. Or a thief. She's a swiss army knife.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Its hard to fit her in when she has nearly every skill? She'll be your debuffer with dances. Or a machinist. Or a sharpshooter. Or a thief. She's a swiss army knife.

Don't forget buffing with bard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Blockhead posted:

I could use some advice on what to go for next. I currently have 550 Mythril saved up and no idea what items will be worth trying for that will be decent upgrades. I am completely F2P and have been extremely picky and lucky with my Mythril spending. My current main team is:

OK (VoF and SSB)
TG Cid (OSB & BSB)
Healer depends on realm
Ramza (Shout, Medica, random others)
Agrias (OSB & BSB)

My Mage team is:
Terra (OSB & enfire SSB)
Krile (Sheepsong & Unspoken Bond)
OK (VoF)
Golbez (Twin Moon)
Alph (Deployment and BSB)

I also have a decent team set up for Fire, Lightning, Wind and Holy.

I have a wall on Y'shtola and the only piece I know I'm missing for sure is a healer BSB, I have been trying for one at every opportunity and have not managed to get a single one. I would take any of them at this point. I'm tempted to go for the Rikku USB to replace Ramza and maybe add to my Mage teams as well. Would that be worth spending some Mythril on or would it not be much of an upgrade for me? Any advice on future banners to look out for? Any ideas on changes to make to either team to improve it? I have a bunch of other OSB and BSB but I have the most luck with this set up. I swap characters out as needed for realm synergy and to hit weakness. Any advice would be appreciated.

Rikku's USB doesn't stack with VoF stat buffs so unless your phys team reaches 600ish attack don't let go of Shout. If you can get ~530 atk you can kick OK for a better DPS as Shout gets your team to ATK cap and grants haste making VoF not necessary. Especially a holy DPS would benefit from Agrias BSB.

Alternatively bring Ysh in for Wall instead of OK and have her Wrath and help with healing.

Honestly other than pull at banners with healer BSBs you can start pulling for characters you like. Your teams look solid.

If you have a healer USB that should work instead of a BSB. Or even some of the better SSBs like Miracle Veil (Yuna).

If you have problems with a specific fight we can check your setup in more detail.

• Locked thread