Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

Capt. Sticl posted:

They're my books.

You better not screw up again, or I'll be all over you like a pit-bull on a poodle! :cop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
I've seen your type before -- flashy, making the scene, flaunting convention.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
Bad year for libraries. Bad year for America. Hippies burning library cards, Abby Hoffman telling everybody to steal books. I don't judge a man by the length of his hair or the kind of music he listens to. Rock was never my bag. But you put on a pair of shoes when you walk into the New York Public Library fella.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

If you're one of us, you'll take a bite.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Hank Morgan posted:

Bad year for libraries. Bad year for America. Hippies burning library cards, Abby Hoffman telling everybody to steal books. I don't judge a man by the length of his hair or the kind of music he listens to. Rock was never my bag. But you put on a pair of shoes when you walk into the New York Public Library fella.

That whole scene was one of the best, if not the actual best, scene in an American comedy TV show of a guy playing something so perfectly straight.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Sash! posted:

That whole scene was one of the best, if not the actual best, scene in an American comedy TV show of a guy playing something so perfectly straight.

You're a comedian? You make people laugh? You think this is all a big joke, dontcha?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

"While you're thinking about that, think about this" is something I say a lot thanks to that scene.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta

Stare-Out posted:

"While you're thinking about that, think about this" is something I say a lot thanks to that scene.
Same, but I got it from Shawshank Redemption.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Stare-Out posted:

Maybe that turns you on, Stare-Out. Maybe that's how you get your kicks. You and your good-time buddies.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
I remember when the librarian was a much older woman. Kindly, discreet, unattractive. We didn't know anything about her private life. We didn't want to know anything about her private life.

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009
e:nevermind!

PS. Love the cabin
Dec 30, 2011
Bee Lincoln
"Newman died?!"

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
Did you hear about Newman?

:ohdear:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's a hoax!

GARY FOGEL NEVER HAD CANCER! :supaburn:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

It's a hoax!

GARY FOGEL NEVER HAD CANCER! :supaburn:

The cancer bit? It was edgy, it wasn't my sort of thing, but some of those people out there, they really liked it.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
Hey, it's George.

I've got nothing to say.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY couldn't you squeeze one of those stupid rubber balls to get your stress out!?

Why did you have to destroy TWENTY-FIVE computers?!?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
A muffin top store?

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

potee posted:

Hey, it's George.

I've got nothing to say.

Hey, you got some calls: George, George, Elaine, George again, Elaine, Newman - that was a crank call...

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Criminal Minded posted:

Hey, you got some calls: George, George, Elaine, George again, Elaine, Newman - that was a crank call...

Why don't you just tell me the name of the movie you'd like to see?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
My friend Jay Riemenschneider eats horse all the time.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Red posted:

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY couldn't you squeeze one of those stupid rubber balls to get your stress out!?

Why did you have to destroy TWENTY-FIVE computers?!?

Now you listen to me: I owe you one.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

potee posted:

Now you listen to me: I owe you one.

potee, shiksa appeal is a myth - like The Yeti, or his North American cousin, The Sasquatch.

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!
I think that ginger ale at the coffee shop is just Coke and Sprite mixed together. How can I prove it?

Agh.

Can't.

Dammit.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
My HOME, Elaine! Where I sleep, and come to play with my toys.

PS. Love the cabin
Dec 30, 2011
Bee Lincoln
Mission accomplished! Back to base Joe!

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
More heavy wine?

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
You know that batter is like 30 years old? :raise:

PS. Love the cabin
Dec 30, 2011
Bee Lincoln
What kind of a woman drinks an entire box of wine?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
We've got Al Jolson here! Al Jolson!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Red posted:

potee, shiksa appeal is a myth - like The Yeti, or his North American cousin, The Sasquatch.

I RENOUNCE JUDAISM!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

mojo1701a posted:

I RENOUNCE JUDAISM!

I'M A MAN!

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

It's gotta be somewhere; look under his mattress.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
I am lying down. I am trapped under a funky mattress. You gotta go get a doctor or at least come over and roll this thing off of me.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
I was visiting some British friends and we were talking about TV shows. Seinfeld came up and my mate who is twenty had never heard of it. I was amazed. I knew it wasn't overly popular there, but really?

So I asked his dad about it, and he also hadn't heard of it. Didn't ring a bell. I even showed him a picture of Jerry Seinfeld from the era and he didn't recognise him.

To me, that was like someone not knowing who The Beatles are. I really couldn't believe it. Does Seinfeld have that little penetration over there?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

fuckpot posted:

I was visiting some British friends and we were talking about TV shows. Seinfeld came up and my mate who is twenty had never heard of it. I was amazed. I knew it wasn't overly popular there, but really?

So I asked his dad about it, and he also hadn't heard of it. Didn't ring a bell. I even showed him a picture of Jerry Seinfeld from the era and he didn't recognise him.

To me, that was like someone not knowing who The Beatles are. I really couldn't believe it. Does Seinfeld have that little penetration over there?

It seems like most of the time, sitcoms in the US aren't just aired in their original forms in foreign countries. They remake them for each country because apparently there is a lot of tweaking to be done so that the references/storylines/etc actually make sense wherever the show is airing.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Seinfeld isn't widely known but it does have a following in the UK.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

jojoinnit posted:

That's a shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

jojoinnit posted:

Then who are the Dutch?