Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
They used to do a show with Merlin where a kid picked from the crowd would pull it out (after an adult had failed). Not sure when was the last time they did that.

https://youtu.be/01SAMW8sbo4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

If you're in the WDW area on Saturday, there's a lightsaber photo meetup at 7:00 PM at Galaxy's Edge.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1418697834965511/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHChMXWLVZ0

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 20, 2020

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

What if you start fighting with them, will a cast member ask you to knock it off?

And if that happens what if you pretend to force push them? Will they have to play along?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
If that doesn’t work just yell “ANDYS COMING” and run

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Imma say GEORGE is coming

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Studios? “Skeletor” or “Phil” is coming would work better.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

OH GOD IT'S EISNER

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

BlueBayou posted:

Spoiler for the Jedi Fallen Order game

omg you can make the Savi lightsabers!!!!!!!!

Yep, just completed the game, and at the end changed my saber to match the one I built (minus the pommel since it has to be double-bladed).

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Zero One posted:

They used to do a show with Merlin where a kid picked from the crowd would pull it out (after an adult had failed). Not sure when was the last time they did that.

https://youtu.be/01SAMW8sbo4

Yeah, they got a front of the line pass I think?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

If you're in the WDW area on Saturday, there's a lightsaber photo meetup at 7:00 PM at Galaxy's Edge.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1418697834965511/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHChMXWLVZ0

If you have pictures, please come share them in the new Star Wars rotating sub forum!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
hi pick

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Nice. Booked our next trip for the week Runaway Railway opens. I really hope they have some cool merch featuring these iterations of the Mickey cast. It's insane that I can't find anything in the parks from the current show.

With Galaxy's Edge, Star Tours, Runaway Railway, ToT, RnR, and Toy Story Land...I think this might be the first time I plan to spend a whole day at HS. But, man. Outside of the Ronto Wrap, I'm drawing a blank on what to eat. All of the restaurants seem so...meh. I guess the lounge outside the Brown Derby has some good looking stuff.

Has anyone had a really good restaurant experience at Hollywood Studios?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Rizzo’s is cool and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. The ribs at ABC commissary are surprisingly good. The pork sandwich and fajita bowls at Fairfax are also on point.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Nanigans posted:

Nice. Booked our next trip for the week Runaway Railway opens. I really hope they have some cool merch featuring these iterations of the Mickey cast. It's insane that I can't find anything in the parks from the current show.

With Galaxy's Edge, Star Tours, Runaway Railway, ToT, RnR, and Toy Story Land...I think this might be the first time I plan to spend a whole day at HS. But, man. Outside of the Ronto Wrap, I'm drawing a blank on what to eat. All of the restaurants seem so...meh. I guess the lounge outside the Brown Derby has some good looking stuff.

50’s Prime Time Cafe is one of our favorites in any park. That peanut butter and jelly milkshake is so drat good.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Do we even need a new snack at Hollywood Studios now that the Ronto wrap has appeared?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
HS could really stand to get another sit down. Good thing they are working on the Toy Story bbq place at least.
You can never go wrong with 50s, though

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

couldcareless posted:

You can never go wrong with Tachos, though

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
You can if there's only 2 registers open and the line for lunchbox is stupid long. Also the very limited seating in toy story land is dumb.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The solution is a second lunchbox so I can ram more tachos in my face.

Or send my wife out to get a seat while I'm standing in line for food because she's a seat finding wizard.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
#DisneyHack put on a show where you're struggling with a stroller, other stroller parents will seek you out and give you their seat out of camaraderie.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Nanigans posted:

We did 50's Prime Time once and it was good, and Hollywood and Vine breakfast buffet a couple years ago, but if you've been to one WDW breakfast buffet you've been to most of them (Tusker excluded) To be fair though we've always done HS as a half day park, so when we do eat there its usually a QS from ABC or Backlot Express. ABC's food has gotten better the last couple of years, and it's inside seating. The TapHouse is pretty cool if you're looking for a cold beer and a place to relax for a few. I've never ate at Brown Derby or the Sci-Fi.

We've sorta pulled back from a lot of sit down eating on our WDW trips. It gets really expensive, and we really just prefer to sorta lightly snack and eat our way around the parks. I hate eating large meals when I'm being physically active, and prefer to graze. Besides there's so many good snacks at HS.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The grown up lemonade at Woody's Lunchbox is the GOAT. I mobile order like 3 of them and walk up with ID in hand with no shame. Flying out tomorrow for 8 days at WDW. Prepare yourself, Woody's.

Also the outdoor Brown Derby Lounge is my fave hidden spot on property. Has a decent chunk of the menu including the famous Cobb Salad and it's some A+ people watching. No wait ever either.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Has anyone here eaten at the Brown Derby recently? I took a look and they've revamped their menu to be more in line with the other semi-upscale restaurants at Disney parks, but I haven't checked to see if the quality is worth it.

By the way, I ate at Topolino's Terrace at the Riviera on Saturday. Give it a try! I recommend the braised lamb shank.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 22, 2020

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Fried chicken at 50’s with a PBJ shake is my go to at Hollywood studios. The cast members are having such fun, and I love the decor.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Earlier in the thread I posted a helmet cam video of a Lights, Motors, Action stunt driver. Here's a corresponding one from a hero driver:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGJfxCDPmWU

And a bumper cam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7tOmh46KwM

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 23, 2020

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

we will never get a production that big and ambitious again. :rip:

Rabidbunnylover
Feb 26, 2006
d567c8526b5b0e
Speaking of Hollywood Studios and shows, I understand how it's happened over time, by dear god why are they still leaning hard into pretending that the thirty-something actor at the Indiana Jones show is Harrison Ford's actual stunt double?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Rabidbunnylover posted:

Speaking of Hollywood Studios and shows, I understand how it's happened over time, by dear god why are they still leaning hard into pretending that the thirty-something actor at the Indiana Jones show is Harrison Ford's actual stunt double?

Is that a thing? I don't remember hearing that.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Look here, you're watching the second unit film stunt footage for raiders of the lost ark. Even though it came out 39 years ago they still might need some extra footage.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

There's rumors of them removing that aspect of the show but I don't particularly mind. It's the only remnant of the original MGM Studios left and one of the very few serious theme park stunt shows still in existence. If/when they announce its closure, I might pull a Backdoor Disney on the set.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I am being extremely lame and watching a lot of DisneyFoodBlog in anticipation I can pretty much recite some by heart at this point...

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

AJ gets on my nerves but she probably does the best WDW food videos on YT.

We watch an embarrassing amount of WDW YouTubers.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

chitoryu12 posted:

Earlier in the thread I posted a helmet cam video of a Lights, Motors, Action stunt driver. Here's a corresponding one from a hero driver:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGJfxCDPmWU

And a bumper cam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7tOmh46KwM

I'm bummed I never got to catch this show while it was operating. I remember watching a cool BTS video talking about how they designed and built the cars for the show, putting in motorcycle engines and a custom symmetrical gearbox that gave them 3 gears in both forward and reverse and that temps in the cars can easily hit 120 during summer shows so they had to have watercooled suits for the drivers. Really neat stuff.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

skipdogg posted:

AJ is incredibly sweet and a wonderful boss. She's also just like, crazy fast on the uptake of new stuff.

FP+ is coming to Smuggler's Run :3:

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

AJ is incredibly sweet and a wonderful boss. She's also just like, crazy fast on the uptake of new stuff.

FP+ is coming to Smuggler's Run :3:

Smart. Put Runaway Railway, smugglers, and slinky dog in tier 1 and that might help balance things out a bit.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Oh I'm sure she's great, and generally I really like her content. I Just have to remember that she's not making videos for someone like me, she's making them for someone who has never been to WDW or hasn't been in years. Not someone who goes every year.

When she makes a video like "Top 10 Disney World hacks to save you time" (may or may not be a real video), and I think I'm about to learn some new stuff, but Hack #1 and #2 are make fastpasses, and use mobile order, I wanna scream.

couldcareless posted:

Smart. Put Runaway Railway, smugglers, and slinky dog in tier 1 and that might help balance things out a bit.

It should. My wife is freaking out right now, since we'll be there Feb 13 to 22. We only have 1 HS day after the 19th though, and we have SDD that day, so we're going to keep SDD as it's the only FP we have for it, and just wait in the queue for MFSR before the 19th.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

skipdogg posted:

:same:

I can't watch any other YouTubers because no one else has discovered the secret of never showing your face in your videos. Tim Tracker is horrible.

Disney Food Blog is repetitive as all hell, but when you make 5-6 videos a week, it makes sense.

Now I have a Festival of the Arts and a Flower & Garden trip planned. Taking the in-laws to Flower & Garden since they loved Food & Wine so much.

The way some people get about seeing their kids' faces at Disney, I get the same way with these grown rear end adult immigrants from Cuba.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Nanigans posted:

:same:

I can't watch any other YouTubers because no one else has discovered the secret of never showing your face in your videos. Tim Tracker is horrible.

Disney Food Blog is repetitive as all hell, but when you make 5-6 videos a week, it makes sense.

Now I have a Festival of the Arts and a Flower & Garden trip planned. Taking the in-laws to Flower & Garden since they loved Food & Wine so much.

The way some people get about seeing their kids' faces at Disney, I get the same way with these grown rear end adult immigrants from Cuba.

We stopped watching Tim Tracker after I learned about the twitter drama and poo poo about Jen, and his videos just aren't that good anymore.

Here's our list of folks we follow in no particular order

DFB
Mr Cheezypop - I want to know how much weed this guy smokes, he looks High AF every video
Prince Charming Dev
WDW Couple
Corey Meets World
ResortTV 1
Paging Mr. Morrow
The Traveling Husbands

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I can barely handle other Disney people in text form. I'll keep my youtube as it is: cooking and video essays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

skipdogg posted:

We stopped watching Tim Tracker after I learned about the twitter drama and poo poo about Jen, and his videos just aren't that good anymore.

Here's our list of folks we follow in no particular order

DFB
Mr Cheezypop - I want to know how much weed this guy smokes, he looks High AF every video
Prince Charming Dev
WDW Couple
Corey Meets World
ResortTV 1
Paging Mr. Morrow
The Traveling Husbands

ResortTV1 has done some shady poo poo now and then, especially where donations during livestreams are concerned. They've also encouraged bullying of people in their livestream chat a couple of times and that really turned me off them.

I know that frustration with the same basic disney info but it's really, really important for the newbies.

The trackers popped out a kid and I assume they'll kinda slowly dwindle out because of twitter drama/kid busy, so I quit them a while ago.