Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matoi Ryuko

eonwe posted:

my wife was freaking out yesterday because we couldn't find our cat and she thought it may have gotten out

it turns out it was inside our closed bathroom cabinet taking a nap on a folded up blanket. we turned the house upside down and that cute little jerk was having a nap in the dark

My simple workaround for this is to train my cats to always respond to my call by only calling them when I'm feeding them as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

eonwe posted:

my wife was freaking out yesterday because we couldn't find our cat and she thought it may have gotten out

it turns out it was inside our closed bathroom cabinet taking a nap on a folded up blanket. we turned the house upside down and that cute little jerk was having a nap in the dark

whenever our cat went missing we'd start by walking around shaking the treat can, worked pretty well

deadly_pudding

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Cats can become a liquid. The Alex Mack of animals.

eonwe

good catte tips, she isn't much of a snacker tho surprisingly. her vice is napping

vanisher

eonwe posted:

you know what I think may be fun?

BYOB game night in Tabletop Simulator

http://store.steampowered.com/app/286160/

if some people own it and want to do play a game I'd love to learn some games. :)

I don't but I would.
Throwing this on my watch list for sales.

Didn't see this before I made the board game ideas thread

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

ArclightBorealis

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
Hope you all are having a good Tuesday.

deadly_pudding posted:

What are yall doing for Thanksgiving?
I'm gonna end up just staying home and getting extra sleep maybe, mostly working on preparations for my next LP proejct. I was originally thinking of visiting my aunt and uncle in Mount Vernon that day, but I still have classes and assignments to do on Wednesday that I don't feel like trying to make the trek up there Thanksgiving day, otherwise I would leave for there tomorrow afternoon. It also means I'm gonna miss out on a proper Thanksgiving dinner since I'm not a good cook and only know how to prepare so many things for myself.

Oh well. I'll at least see about giving them a visit close to Christmas time. It'll be easier to arrange after the semester's done.

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

and now, ten meetings in an hour!

eonwe

So basically every board game is on there, licensed or not. What I've been doing to make myself feel less bad is playing a game and if I think its something I would keep playing I buy it, that way they get money

social vegan

vanisher posted:

I don't but I would.
Throwing this on my watch list for sales.

Didn't see this before I made the board game ideas thread

eonwe posted:

So basically every board game is on there, licensed or not. What I've been doing to make myself feel less bad is playing a game and if I think its something I would keep playing I buy it, that way they get money

I have tabletop sim and would b down sumtime

A Spider Covets

Very excited for thanksgiving aaaaaaaaa it's almost here

What's yall's favorite dish? I'm all about the ham and mashed potatoes

Historical Wizards

eonwe posted:

if some people own it and want to do play a game I'd love to learn some games. :)

:yeah:

I would fork over the cash for this, But I would probably have to learn a bunch of the games

warning: I am pretty terrible at every game and don't even care :c00l:

E: okay I care if its a cooperative game

Historical Wizards fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 22, 2016

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

A Spider Covets posted:

stuffing and gravy

Historical Wizards

A Spider Covets posted:

What's yall's favorite dish?

A Spider Covets posted:

mashed potatoes

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

deadly_pudding

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

A Spider Covets posted:

I will eat infinite quantities of green bean casserole. I don't know what it is about it, because I hate cream of mushroom soup. Maybe it's the fried onions that make it good?

social vegan

we already had thanksgiving in canada a while ago but if u all want to just throw something north i will leave bowls outside

Plebian Parasite

A Spider Covets posted:

I eat mashed potatos a fair amount throughout the year, but rarely am I afforded the gravy, so usually I binge on that.

This year I'm responsible for chips and dips for the family, so I'm making a spinach dip breadbowl and homemade onion dip, as well as a cran-lime pie if I can finagle it.

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

social vegan posted:

we already had thanksgiving in canada a while ago but if u all want to just throw something north i will leave bowls outside

I tried to convince people that I should take Thurs+Fri off out of solidarity with my American friends, but they just pointed at my calendar and laughed.

eonwe

A Spider Covets posted:

im all about the turkey, hell yea

Eh! Frank

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease
i'm glad everybody liked my grasshoppers picture :3:

once when i was a kid, i was catching grasshoppers after church with my sisters and a couple other kids. sometimes the grasshoppers would lose a leg trying to escape, and being stupid kids, we thought it was crazy and started pulling a leg off of each grasshopper we caught. my grandma caught us doing this and came over to chastise us.
gm: hey now, don't do that, that's cruel! you're putting the grasshoppers through pain. here...
*catches grasshopper*
gm: this is the proper way to do it
*snaps head off grasshopper*
kids: :stare:

my whole immediate family is coming for thanksgiving, it's gonna be great. being a goon, i'm of course making eggs (deviled eggs).

my family is big on board & card games. last time my mother visited, she, my older sister, and i spent a whole afternoon playing pounce, basically a competitive version of classic solitaire, where each person has their own deck. one of my family's favorite games, but one that also causes a bunch of yelling, shouting, and arguments.

i'd be down for playing tabletop simulator, i'm just waiting for the next sale to buy it. i have the first jackbox party pack, but have only played the games that you can do with 2 players, gonna see if my family will want to try some of the others this week.

the problem with chat threads is there's always a bunch of replies waiting when i wake up or get home from work and so many i want to contribute to, so i just did a somewhat rambling post instead

social vegan

Subjunctive posted:

I tried to convince people that I should take Thurs+Fri off out of solidarity with my American friends, but they just pointed at my calendar and laughed.

sorry boss my giblets just aren't in it

SHY NUDIST GRRL

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

eonwe posted:

I own it but never really used it. I downloaded Eclipse which I own in real life but can't get friends to commit to playing

Brought to you by our sponsor, Al!

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

eonwe posted:

I have it and would enjoy a byob board game event.

Katamari Democracy

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
I just got done shopping at a grocery store in the sticks. A slab of Ham, turkey and stuff to make Green Bean Casserole for 30 bucks :wtf:

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
the smallest turkey they had left was over 22 lbs :psyduck: i have to roast a 22 lb turkey

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

ok everyone, great work. time for a comforting meal, maybe a glass of wine. pet 'em if you got 'em.

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

A lady said yob to me so I took it as a sign to post.

alnilam

My housemates and i are a vegetarian household and I gotta say it's nice not have to worry about turkeys selling out

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Tofurkey: "you've changed man. You used to be about the flavor!"
Turkey: "whatever, loser. You're just jealous that Butterball signed me and you're still pumping out those indie tastes that people rarely even sample"

vanisher

I Was The Fury posted:

Turkey: "whatever, loser. You're just jealous that Butterball signed me and you're still pumping out those indie tastes that people rarely even sample"

This is a funny thing and I enjoyed it. Thank you

A Spider Covets

those are all excellent things to look forward to eating a lot on Thanksgiving imo

Turducken is a great word

and in closing, I want to be as relaxed as Bear someday (sorry for lovely cellphone quality)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

social vegan

I Was The Fury posted:

Tofurduck: please let me out

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

social vegan posted:

Tofurduck: please let me out

i didn't even know there was a tofu version of the furduck

Plebian Parasite

Tofuruk Hai

"Looks like soy's back on the menu, boys"

alnilam

Plebian Parasite posted:

Tofuruk Hai

alnilam

I Was The Fury posted:

lol ya right tofurkey is way too commercial for us maaaan

A Spider Covets

Plebian Parasite posted:

Tofuruk Hai

----------------

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i sometimes want to make a sketch comedy show adapting byob jokes and scenarios

bean mom

Bo-Pepper posted:

lets do it

i can act

----------------

vanisher

Bo-Pepper posted:

I'd be in on this

But I have no acting skills or references

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Zyla posted:

lets do it