Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Nah I'm 95% sure that's a Stone evolution thing.

Pakled posted:

It varies from pokemon to pokemon but in Kadabra's case, no, it learns the same moves at the same levels once you evolve it to Alakazam.

Thanks both!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Regy Rusty posted:

Lmao Wimpod's ability is so hilariously dumb

I can't even train him because he keeps running from random encounters :allears:

Just wait until it evolves into a huge terrifying samurai monster

and keeps doing the same god drat thing

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Type(s) - Dragon/Ground
Base Stats - 216 HP / 100 Atk / 121 Def / 91 SpA / 95 SpD / 85 Spe
Total - 708

Ah. Yeah. Get that thing out

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Just wait until it evolves into a huge terrifying samurai monster

and keeps doing the same god drat thing
Is there no way to stop it from doing that?

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Anyone know how long you're booted from trading if you're interrupted? My game gave me an error as I was going to trade for a Litten on GTS and now I can't get back on.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Wait you can run into the other version's Lycanrocs in the wild??

I just ran into day forme in Moon

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Top tier nicknaming

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

Wait you can run into the other version's Lycanrocs in the wild??

I just ran into day forme in Moon

Yeah, a bunch of stuff is 1% chance.

Countblanc posted:

you can refight it if you beat the E4 again I think

Not even that, just go back to where the character is fought.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
My god, I'm trying to grind my Morelull, Crabrawler, and Araquanid before Lush Jungle and it's a nightmare encountering all these Trumbeaks, failing to escape, and then getting OHKO'd by Pluck. It's much harder to run from a wild encounter in this game.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The amount of handholding and railroading in the beginning of this game is really making me not want to replay for the other legendary. Just give me my drat starter and let me get on with an adventure

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Shneak posted:

My god, I'm trying to grind my Morelull, Crabrawler, and Araquanid before Lush Jungle and it's a nightmare encountering all these Trumbeaks, failing to escape, and then getting OHKO'd by Pluck. It's much harder to run from a wild encounter in this game.

Nah, the new pokemon are jusy that slow. Speed plays a huge role in running from battles and a lot of the newbies can be slower than stuff 10 levels under them easily.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sockser posted:

The amount of handholding and railroading in the beginning of this game is really making me not want to replay for the other legendary. Just give me my drat starter and let me get on with an adventure

Kind of a story spoiler but being vague You will have the chance to get the other version exclusive in the post game, but in a way you might not expect.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Celesteela the moon spaceship bamboo princess is also pretty good it seems. My favorite Ultra Beast.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

God drat I think I'm a literal child because the story and music is hyping me up like no tomorrow. Post-Island 3 Spoilers I'm glad Lumamine is desperate to steal the "best parent award" from Ghestis. Does she keep a dead pikachu in her bedroom? That's so loving dark lmao.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Dehry posted:

Yeah, a bunch of stuff is 1% chance.

Lycanroc is a 20% actually, at least according to Serebii.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Blackheart posted:

Celesteela the moon spaceship bamboo princess is also pretty good it seems. My favorite Ultra Beast.

i don't like it because i don't know anything about it

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Blaziken386 posted:

Is there no way to stop it from doing that?

You must master the art, of bailing at the first sign of trouble
Cowardice in the hands of the master, is a tactical retreat

Realtalk, Golisopod gets a move called First Impression. 90 power, 100% accuracy, only works on the first turn he's in battle, and I BELIEVE always goes first. This, plus Emergency Exit (Golisopod's version of "oh no my health better switch out) means that in a trainer fight, he can safely switch out to another Pokemon, then switch back in on that 'mon's death for sweet revenge kills. He can also be taught Leech Life, which has been upped to 80 power. Thus, the strategy goes:

Goli pops in, wrecks house
Gets hurt, leaves
Comes back a minute later
Wrecks house, heals himself
Gets hurt, leaves
Rinse, repeat

...In theory. No idea how this will shake out in real fights, and the ability is still a huge pain in the rear end when fighting wild Pokemon. It's kind of an interesting guerrilla warfare gimmick for trainer battles, though.

Quick edit: And by interesting, I mean maybe hilarious. If it works like I think it would, and he can sustain himself well enough / deal enough damage to make the juice worth the squeeze, he might be the most obnoxious RE3-Nemesis-acting-son-of-a-bitch in the game.

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Nov 21, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

God drat I think I'm a literal child because the story and music is hyping me up like no tomorrow. Post-Island 3 Spoilers I'm glad Lumamine is desperate to steal the "best parent award" from Ghestis. Does she keep a dead pikachu in her bedroom? That's so loving dark lmao.

Only beautiful things.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Lunatic Sledge posted:

You must master the art, of bailing at the first sign of trouble
Cowardice in the hands of the master, is a tactical retreat

Realtalk, Golisopod gets a move called First Impression. 90 power, 100% accuracy, only works on the first turn he's in battle, and I BELIEVE always goes first. This, plus Emergency Exit (Golisopod's version of "oh no my health better switch out) means that in a trainer fight, he can safely switch out to another Pokemon, then switch back in on that 'mon's death for sweet revenge kills. He can also be taught Leech Life, which has been upped to 80 power. Thus, the strategy goes:

Gets hurt, leaves
Gets hurt, leaves
Rinse, repeat

...In theory. No idea how this will shake out in real fights, and the ability is still a huge pain in the rear end when fighting wild Pokemon. It's kind of an interesting guerrilla warfare gimmick for trainer battles, though.

Quick edit: And by interesting, I mean maybe hilarious. If it works like I think it would, and he can sustain himself well enough / deal enough damage to make the juice worth the squeeze, he might be the most obnoxious RE3-Nemesis-acting-son-of-a-bitch in the game.

Wimp Out/Emergency Exit only work once per battle, according to Serebii's description. Still plenty to wreck some dudes, but not crazy.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Gets hurt, leaves
Gets hurt, leaves
Rinse, repeat
From what I've seen on serebii, he can only swap out once per battle. So, he can't do what you're describing.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
Well gently caress then, he sucks, I hate him, 2/10 no fun allowed

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Emergency Exit doesn't work in some circumstances, but it's not a one time deal. (Whether this is a pro or con is up to you.) Serebii's claim that it only works once is completely false.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Emergency Exit doesn't work in some circumstances, but it's not a one time deal. (Whether this is a pro or con is up to you.) Serebii's claim that it does is completely false.

is there any detailed explanation/testing for the ability done? like, does it activate on life orb recoil?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea there are times when it won't work but it's absolutely not one and done. No clue what the math is though aside from obvious poo poo like the trap moves keeping it from running.

Also I found a ditto as my first encounter outside the observatory so now I can work on my team of all three Special Boys at last.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

I asked this in the trading thread but figured I'd post here as well:
Anyone with Moon wanna toss me a Drampa egg? Preferably 2 to improve chances of it having the correct ability.
Quoting this because this thread moves pretty fast and I really want to get myself a grandpa dragon.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dehry posted:

Kind of a story spoiler but being vague You will have the chance to get the other version exclusive in the post game, but in a way you might not expect.

How? finished the UB Missions and got paid, didn't look very hard but i can't find that portal people mentioned to get the other UBs, or that second cosmog?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

Quoting this because this thread moves pretty fast and I really want to get myself a grandpa dragon.

i'll toss you...in the trash!!!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

mabels big day posted:

is there any detailed explanation/testing for the ability done? like, does it activate on life orb recoil?

There are a couple of cases tested here.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Team Skull Spoilers

I like how they sort of bucked the formula with this section but for fucks sake, why are there so many trainers here.

*!*

*SKULL RAP*

*LONG INTRO PLAYS*

*TEAM SKULL GRUNT WANTS TO FIGHT OH NO!*

- One pokemon -

GO DROWZEE

*Loses in one turn*

*Skull pun*

*Fade out*

*walk three steps*

*!*

*Repeat*

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Weird seeing people complain about being afforded the privilege of traveling with Crabrawler the whole game before getting to evolve him. Can you even call yourself a punch crab fan...?

spotlessd
Sep 8, 2016

by merry exmarx
Is there any reason to start with Pichu if I want to raise a Raichu? I already have a Pikachu but I'm not sure if the Pichu learnset is better.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

spotlessd posted:

Is there any reason to start with Pichu if I want to raise a Raichu? I already have a Pikachu but I'm not sure if the Pichu learnset is better.

Nasty plot's a decent reason.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I love the bumblebee pokemon omg it's so cute

I also really like that we can pet the pokemon and be nice to them after battles. I don't enjoy the bajillion cutscenes but the game is very relaxing and adorable so it's ok. I have spent most of my time trying to collect my favorite pokemon in each area, focusing on finding ones with the right nature and ability before I move on. I do miss dexnav.

Also the pokemon riding thing owns :3:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Deified Data posted:

Weird seeing people complain about being afforded the privilege of traveling with Crabrawler the whole game before getting to evolve him. Can you even call yourself a punch crab fan...?
I'm just past the first trial of island three, and Crawbrawler's still holding up well. Bit flimsy, but you don't get a punchcrab and expect defenses.

The late evo is annoying but doesn't seem to hold you back at all. :shrug:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Deified Data posted:

I am chastised. Rocky Craboa has carried the team through some tough fights, I'll keep him around.

I keep forgetting that I don't actually need a water type or a flying type if I don't want one. It's awesome but weird. I definitely need more status users on my team though! (Currently I have 0.)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How are they going to do remakes anymore now that Totem Pokemon are objectively better in literally every way.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

So the big cool bug guy who evolves from Wimpod, the way I read the ability if he hits 50% or under he will auto switch out?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

spotlessd posted:

nasty plot is a very good move for killing everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

So the big cool bug guy who evolves from Wimpod, the way I read the ability if he hits 50% or under he will auto switch out?

Yep, same as Wimpod.

Still a little fraidy-cat even as a buff samurai bug :3: