Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abugadu

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Finger Prince posted:

Saw a store today, "Blushing Memory Adult Boutique".
:blush:I can't belive it fit up there! :blush:

I'm a little surprised that brick-n-mortar adult shops are still surviving, given the Internet.

Like, are they surviving on nostalgia? Is it for tourists? Or is there a set of people that are just thrilled to go in there and take a deep breath of silicone and the last lingering stock of weed-alternative substances and paw through cheap lingerie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

cruft posted:

I'll go first.

I'm on business travel and all my pals have left to go home already, leaving me with only the folks who tried (but looks like are going to fail) to oust me from my position.

So I went to Chipotle for dinner.

One of the workers there was this young girl who just really super got along with everyone. There were a couple ladies in there who looked to be homeless, and she was doing great juggling their crazy with making everybody's burrito and being positive.

Actually I think I'm going to walk back down there and give her a personal tip. It's been a poo poo week, and seeing her really felt uplifting.

There's something magical about finding someone in retail/restaurant who hasn't had their spirits ground down to a fine paste.

cruft

She cried a tiny bit and asked why I was doing this, and I said it was just nice to see her treating people like human beings.

I hope she buys herself a nice dinner or something. I feel good about the world again.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Abugadu posted:

I'm a little surprised that brick-n-mortar adult shops are still surviving, given the Internet.

Like, are they surviving on nostalgia? Is it for tourists? Or is there a set of people that are just thrilled to go in there and take a deep breath of silicone and the last lingering stock of weed-alternative substances and paw through cheap lingerie?

Sometimes you just can't wait for shipping.

Abugadu

:unsmith:

That is awesome

Abugadu

Buttchocks posted:

Sometimes you just can't wait for shipping.

Lube waits for no man

cruft

Also honestly it can be nice to have some actual human being help you out with a purchase that probably you don't get a lot of outside advice about, and might feel kind of scary.

There was a store in Seattle called Babes in Toyland Toys in Babeland that was just really super chill about stuff like this. Maybe it's still around, I dunno. And even though it's a pyramid scheme quasi-cult, passion parties had a lot of success by filling this same need.

cruft fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 11, 2023

cruft

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

I AM ABOUT TO POST

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

cruft posted:

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

I AM ABOUT TO POST

:munch:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

cruft

Ger ready for it...

Abugadu

I love the idea of the Passion Party cult leader.

“Allison, you’ll never guess who’s doing the presentation tonight! The Passion Queen!” *excited clapping*

“That’s amazing! But, uh, is she discreet? This neighborhood can be a little nosy and…”

*repurposed Oscar Meyer Weinermobile painted bright purple rolls up*

*honks horn that is La Cucaracha but with orgasm sounds instead of trumpet*

cruft

Abugadu posted:

I love the idea of the Passion Party cult leader.

“Allison, you’ll never guess who’s doing the presentation tonight! The Passion Queen!” *excited clapping*

“That’s amazing! But, uh, is she discreet? This neighborhood can be a little nosy and…”

*repurposed Oscar Meyer Weinermobile painted bright purple rolls up*

*honks horn that is La Cucaracha but with orgasm sounds instead of trumpet*

B33rChiller

Aaahroooooogah!

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Finger Prince

I cleaned my kitchen today, which was well overdue, and now I don't want to cook and make it all messy again. Not sure what to get for take out though. Thinking maybe doner kebab.

cruft

I'm trying to make a funny post but it's just not coming to me.

cruft

I've been trying to listen to the Wheel of Time on audiobook but it keeps putting me to sleep. This was annoying as hell, until I gave up on trying to get through these books, and subsequently realized that these books are the best sleep aid I own. 5 minutes of trying to pay attention to this boring (to me) crap read in the exact same vocal pattern for every sentence, and I am out like a light.

And now I'm realizing what the timer icon is there for on my audiobook player.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
I think entire WoT audiobook series is like one week long

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
That's a lot of book

Escape From Noise

Ominous Jazz posted:

That's a lot of book

Book 'em, GaG!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

sb hermit

I just gifted a book about trucks to my friend's two year old and he loves it.

The next book I give him will probably be about dinosaurs. Dinosaurs are a timeless wonder. Or maybe I should play it safe and get him a book about trains.

sb hermit

I got a copy of the original land before time on dvd in case my niece (currently 4 and a half) gets into dinosaurs but I forgot that:

• the movie is wildly depressing and scary
  • my older brother doesn't have anything that plays discs

which reminds me, I haven't watched the new jurassic park yet

sb hermit

I once had a customer service job yes, this is very vague related to dinosaurs and the most important thing I learned was that if a very young kid asks you if the dinosaurs are real, you say "no".

Papa Was A Video Toaster

sb hermit posted:

I once had a customer service job yes, this is very vague related to dinosaurs and the most important thing I learned was that if a very young kid asks you if the dinosaurs are real, you say "no".

young earth creationist, eh?

sb hermit

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

young earth creationist, eh?

nope, nothing like that

to be serious, it was an amusement park ride, and older siblings love to torment their younger charges about how scary the ride is, so having an adult confirm their fears is enough to overcome their disbelief

at least, that's what I think is usually the case, among other reasons

sb hermit

if you are deathly afraid of dinosaurs, then perhaps going on the ride that advertises them prominently is not a great idea

but as a middle sibling, I have been at both ends of the kind of pressure that can be exerted in this case

B33rChiller

Are the Dinosaurs real?
Unfortunately not any more.

Vague and truthful.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Escape From Noise

B33rChiller posted:

Are the Dinosaurs real?
Unfortunately not any more.

Vague and truthful.

But what about those clowns in Congress???

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

sb hermit posted:

but as a middle sibling, I have been at both ends of the kind of pressure that can be exerted in this case

Never had the urge to do this to my sibling. I just want to hug her and kiss her and pat her on the head and listen to her achievements & what's changing in her life.

Am I missing out?

Escape From Noise

If you aren't making the lives of your younger siblings a living hell you aren't living. :evilbuddy:

sb hermit

Bright Bart posted:

Never had the urge to do this to my sibling. I just want to hug her and kiss her and pat her on the head and listen to her achievements & what's changing in her life.

Am I missing out?

Nope. I guess my brothers and I had a tendency to antagonize and toughen each other up at every opportunity. Which evaporated when my older brother went to college and my younger brother and I spent more time with our separate cliques in high school.

Now it's my older brother giving child rearing tips to my younger brother and all of us debating the effects of the current federal interest rate. It's a much more obviously collaborative relationship.

sb hermit

Escape From Noise posted:

If you aren't making the lives of your younger siblings a living hell you aren't living. :evilbuddy:

:same: except now I just punch him in the arm every so often

old habits die hard

Escape From Noise

I used to bicker with my youngest brother constantly, but largely got along with my middle brother. Now I mostly avoid my middle brother and only bicker with my youngest brother a bit.

Ass-penny

cruft, you're married I really don't think it's appropriate to be giving anyone your personal tip without your spouses endorsement :pervert:

e: oh!

ee: sorry once that joke got in my brain I couldn't not post it

Stoner Sloth

posting from slightly further into the future than usual, hope everyone is having an alright or better day! stay chilling yobbers!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i plan to have a super chill day. there are no panics on the horizon that i have to deal with, touch wood *applies index finger to turgid boner*

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Manifisto

cruft posted:

She cried a tiny bit and asked why I was doing this, and I said it was just nice to see her treating people like human beings.

I hope she buys herself a nice dinner or something. I feel good about the world again.

good going cruft! making a spot of difference to someone else is one of the more positive ways to deal with horrible stress.

also how awkward to have your friends leave and the people who tried to oust you stick around. sounds like some grade A opportunities for highly uncomfortable forced socialization.

ty nesamdoom!

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Stoner Sloth posted:

posting from slightly further into the future than usual, hope everyone is having an alright or better day! stay chilling yobbers!

Can I borrow your time machine?

Have a great day, too, slightly further into the future Sloth Friend!

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Stoner Sloth

Saoshyant posted:

Can I borrow your time machine?

Have a great day, too, slightly further into the future Sloth Friend!

thank you! i will most certainly try to - been a great trip so far and think it'll only improve!

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

You too can learn to escalate your language for when you screw up majorly:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

Abugadu posted:

Such a weird moment in cinema history. I can't think of another movie out there where the director re-released an altered version, insisted that the new one was the correct one, and attempted to obliterate the old one.

Or a book. Or a song. Any media?

Leaves of Grass but fortunately we now have access to every version of it that hit shelves. There are also a bunch of frustrating incidents in comics where modern releases digitally recolored pencils and inks from decades ago, creating a much different look than the original artists wanted, and in many cases a much worse and more boring look.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!