Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Ola posted:

Man I just did a Ducati troll in the comments on an rnickeymouse video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBgrVI0Dyto

Feel a bit bad, also a bit good.

Such a pretty monster too.

Everybody makes mistakes but goddamn he looks like he had no business even riding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wow, that swingarm was bouncing like mad

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Wow, that swingarm was bouncing like mad

That would be him completely locking the rear brake. You can see the flat spot on his rear tire when the bike swings around.

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

schreibs posted:

That would be him completely locking the rear brake. You can see the flat spot on his rear tire when the bike swings around.

He didn't lock the rear brake, he downshifted too many gears and dropped the clutch out and the sticky tires didn't slide but chattered because he doesn't have a slipper clutch and didn't modulate it at all. From there it's all target fixation on the guardrail and that's all she wrote.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Spiffness posted:

He didn't lock the rear brake, he downshifted too many gears and dropped the clutch out and the sticky tires didn't slide but chattered because he doesn't have a slipper clutch and didn't modulate it at all. From there it's all target fixation on the guardrail and that's all she wrote.

I'm sure the downshifting contributed but that looks like a straight up lockup.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Spiffness posted:

While that is possible that section of road really doesn't present itself to a lot of space to downshift multiple times. The place he locked up in was just after coming from a longish right hand corner with maybe 10 yards before switching back to a left hand decreasing radius. I'll grant you that it was possible but from the short clip I didn't see his foot near the shifter.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

The wheel is still spinning but chopping. When you lock up the rear tire on a bike, it slides. When you downshift hard and don't rev match, the rear hops. Something supermoto riders know very well. We need another second of video before it starts to see the downshifts.

If he was going for awesome he could have just backed it in a bit

FlerpNerpin fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 18, 2012

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

front wing flexing posted:

I'm sure the downshifting contributed but that looks like a straight up lockup.
Look at the spokes on the slomo. They keep moving until after he's in the dirt.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Spiffness posted:

The wheel is still spinning but chopping. When you lock up the rear tire on a bike, it slides. When you downshift hard and don't rev match, the rear hops. Something supermoto riders know very well. We need another second of video before it starts to see the downshifts.

You know I really didn't pick up on the rim still spinning until now.

Here have a pic wank:

ReggieCelsius
Feb 1, 2007

snortsly

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Spiffness posted:

Pretty sure mine just slides, oh wait that'd be the slipper clutch. I think riding a supermoto is teaching me some pretty bad riding habits.

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008
Same corner as the last video but this guy definitely locks the rear wheel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OykSRyPU1us

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
I'm tempted to go to a service just to see what it's like.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Armyman25 posted:

Sounds pretty loving stupid.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Armyman25 posted:

In this particular conservative and american branch the sermon consists of Glossy black Road Glide with strait pipes.

The more liberal offshoot of the church sermon consists of the "BRAPBRAPBRAP" of scooters that do more more than a million GPM.

The centrist offshoot sermon is just everyone just reving up their bikes and having a good time regardless of what the have.

Of course the Scientology branch only has lovely electric bikes, not the awesome ones.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

What the christ.

God dammit Virginia.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I dunno, a KZ drag bike? Not all that uncommon, they were pretty popular for that back in the day.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Jay Leno has a good video on a 30's Henderson police bike. I love the guys passion for motorbikes (and cars).

YouTube

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Being single again has its advantages.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

echomadman posted:

Being single again has its advantages.

Living the dream right here.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

I saw that helmet posted up a while ago and it re-instilled my desire to make my helmet a bit .. happier. I've had some high-vis tape sheeting laying around for ages and well ... the result:

..but wait, it gets awesome:

It looks so happy :3:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Found this new little cutie pie at work today. Except for the gaudy double 'merica flags and soaring eagle that a very nice paint job~

Dunne what it is besides the fact that its an Honda.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Looks like a goldwing.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
It's an old naked Goldwing. I still kick myself for not picking up the near mint one that came up at a local estate sale.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
So Coast Guard parking is in front of the shipping crates?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Actually, unlike our Navy brethren, Coast Guard don't have any designated motorcycle parking space*. But since we don't use the main parking spaces of the Navy shipyard we can park wherever the gently caress we want, as long as it is next to the Coast Guard building area.

We do have something of a parking issue when all three cutters are moored up, you would be lucky if you even found a horrible parking. So you can imagine how utterly smug I feel when I park right next to the CG building and my co-workers are staring with hatred.

"I loving hate you"
:smug:

*We kinda do, but the MP don't care.

Edit: The fact that its an old Goldwing makes that bike 10x better. Thanks.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Here's a pretty cool flat track video that got posted on Asphalt&Rubber. Skip to about the 3 minute mark if you just want to see race footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE65wyggXYQ

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Deeters posted:

Here's a pretty cool flat track video that got posted on Asphalt&Rubber. Skip to about the 3 minute mark if you just want to see race footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE65wyggXYQ

The crash at the end looks absolutely vicious!

SocksAndSandals fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 22, 2012

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

SocksAndSandals posted:

That is the coolest picture ever.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Wow stunters have gotten crazy.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

SocksAndSandals posted:

I dunno why, but I really love the look of racing slicks when photographed in motion. They look like if you touched them they'd feel all soft and velvety.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have the new Sealy RacingtirePedic and I can tell you they are every bit as fluffy as they look

Resource
Aug 6, 2006
Yay!
I hear racing slicks feel like riding on clouds. Clouds of delicious cotton candy.
(I have no idea)

spandexcajun
Feb 28, 2005

Suck the head for a little extra cajun flavor
Fallen Rib
Looking for videos of 1979 Yamaha endero for nostalgia and found this gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZTnP2xgt88

Shnitzel
Jan 16, 2006
Mr. Pibb + Redvines = Crazy Delicious

spandexcajun posted:

Is there something unusually difficult about riding that particular bike or is that guy just a supernoob?

BaKESAL3
Nov 7, 2010
He just really needs get his rear end to an MSF course.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Shnitzel posted:

Is there something unusually difficult about riding that particular bike or is that guy just a supernoob?

He's just hilarious. The comical ergos, 60s space helmet, using the clutch as a button.. Amazing.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

spandexcajun posted:

:siren::siren:TRIGGER WARNING:siren::siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005